quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
quote:
Originally posted by _Ataxia_
We should do a LoL war2 game.

Anyone else play LoL?

we get 10 guys and go. let's do it.

btw i call solo mid malzahar.

LoL anyone seen falkentyne playing LoL?? he has 1000+ games only as karthas. i picked sivir and faceraped him so bad he started talking shit to his teammates "i play with 2300+ elo you guys r newbies!"

anyway that is all for today.

just got gold V the other day and climbin - plat by the end of the season

Dia1 for months in EUW, now plat 2 in korea. A level 16 game in korea is harder than a dia game in EU tho ;p

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:32 am 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by loneknight
quote:
quote:

Anyone else play LoL?

LoL anyone seen falkentyne playing LoL?? he has 1000+ games only as karthas. i picked sivir and faceraped him so bad he started talking shit to his teammates "i play with 2300+ elo you guys r newbies!"

Dia1 for months in EUW, now plat 2 in korea. A level 16 game in korea is harder than a dia game in EU tho ;p

its still all pretty ez to me, no decline watso ever - oct2013, bronze 5 - july2014, gold 5 - infact kinda easier as im ranking up because people know how to play - ive gotten more ranked quadra kills alone in the past month (adc main generally) than I have going thru the bronze baddies and silver scrubbies

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:07 pm 
loneknight

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Anyone else play LoL?

its still all pretty ez to me, no decline watso ever - oct2013, bronze 5 - july2014, gold 5 - infact kinda easier as im ranking up because people know how to play - ive gotten more ranked quadra kills alone in the past month (adc main generally) than I have going thru the bronze baddies and silver scrubbies

well in my opinion people do not know how to play in dia 1!
is there a way to set up a stream quickly? or to create uploadable videos to youtube at low size? i have had a bad pc but that is not the case in Korean PC bars. only problem with that is my time there is not unlimited.

i dont want to sound arrogant for no reason, so before i tell you anything special, i should back it up with some proof...

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:02 pm 
test

If you are streaming something other than war2, streaming is extremely easy. All you need at that point is OBS and a twitch account and nothing else required beyond that.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 pm 
loneknight

quote:
Originally posted by test
If you are streaming something other than war2, streaming is extremely easy. All you need at that point is OBS and a twitch account and nothing else required beyond that.

If I want to record the screen and create a video, how do I reduce the file size? (noob question) 15 seconds short screen recording is 2MB.
I`ll try to use it to steam soon and thanks.

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:27 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
quote:

If I want to record the screen and create a video, how do I reduce the file size? (noob question) 15 seconds short screen recording is 2MB.

it is easy to use for streaming - I was gonna stream the war2 tourney but my comp isn't the best compared to todays standards - I got a 4GB DDR3 and i3 core - recommended is 8GB DDR3 and i5 core

i tried it and it was noticeable lag, even for war2 :\

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:34 pm 
loneknight

quote:
quote:
quote:

it is easy to use for streaming - I was gonna stream the war2 tourney but my comp isn't the best compared to todays standards - I got a 4GB DDR3 and i3 core - recommended is 8GB DDR3 and i5 core

i tried it and it was noticeable lag, even for war2 :\

know the feeling!
i reduced the file size somehow. now 6 minutes takes 50 MB space. but there is another problem, the audio is echoing..
edit: fixed audio, ill try to do the same in pc bar tomorrow!

Post Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:42 pm 
loneknight

Hey test!
http://www.twitch.tv/lonestar19941025/b/553426174
Tried it out, some ppl saw black screen with sound. Many saw stuttery screen with lag spikes with fine audio.
Thats how the stream looks like now, on the video link.
How to improve video quality? I also have a very small in game lagg.. videos seem to be of very low size too.

Post Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:02 pm 
test

Based on the video, I would say that the video lag is being caused by lack of system specs. Since the lag is visible in the video AFTER the stream has ended, then it can be assumed that the source video was lagging and that is why looks laggy on the site. If you notice any stuttering while playing the game, then that is also going to come out in the video and very likely be exasperated because the video is running at a lower FPS than the actual game. So the stuttering looks worse on the video than it actually was in the game itself. The best way to fix it would be to lower the settings in the game so that it doesnt have to work so hard. You could also lower the setting of the video quality during recording, but it wont have as large of an impact as lowering the quality in the game. I would try doing that first. Once you get it to stop stuttering, then you can check the videos again and see if its having the same problem or not. Start with the LOWEST settings first. If you still get stuttering even on lowest ingame settings, then it's time to start lowering quality on the video settings in OBS. Once you get he stuttering to stop, you can slowly increase video settings in OBS and the game to find the balance you need for the hardware that you are running this on.

Long story short, lower video quality in the game. It will result in a higher quality video than if you reduced the video quality in OBS. It does not take to much CPU power to encode x264 video to begin with.

One of the easiest ways to test Twitch is to use a 4G phone that is NOT connected to your Wifi. Then you'll be able to see what other people are seeing and you can make adjustments accordingly. The trick is to look at it from a separate (and hopefully fast) network.

At the very tail end of your video you opened the OBS window and I could see that you had the framerates set to 30 but it was only hitting 14fps and that it had dropped over 9000+ frames. I can see that your network is green, so network speed is not the issue for sure. It's hardware related. You're doing to much for your machine, so make sure to try it again with LOWEST settings in League before you test it again and see if there is a difference.

Post Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:02 pm