dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:58 pm 
Shotgun_

lol

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:06 pm 
smurf_king

i dont give a fuck about the argentinians but this is a violent move worthy of at least a yellow card by german goalkeeper (and thus a penalty kick)

the overall referre decisions in this tournament fucking blow cock

fifa needs to change rules and allow technology to analyze faults and such, just as in american football.

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:02 pm 
Fast Luck

they called a foul on the argentinian player lol

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:27 am 
foonat

He hurt that poor German's knee with his head.

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:19 am 
Sparkz102

poor offensive awareness imo - plus after he got rocked - he pulled a temper tantrum THEN pretended to be injured.

it was a hard hit, but not an intentional one - infact the goalie looks like he was the one trying to avoid the hit by superman punching that shit

if anything - fine that dude who broke neymar's vertebrae - that imo was an intentional knee to the back mortal kombat style

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:45 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
poor offensive awareness imo - plus after he got rocked - he pulled a temper tantrum THEN pretended to be injured.

it was a hard hit, but not an intentional one - infact the goalie looks like he was the one trying to avoid the hit by superman punching that shit

sparkz i havent seen you not be wrong on anything in such a long time.

he was pissed as fuck as his first reaction because he got kneed in the head and got called for a foul, his first reaction was rage at the injustice. he went down after a little while because he got seriously kneed in the head though?? it's fucked up for you to say he 'pretended' to be injured if you saw the play, that was a knee to the head, and HARD. PRETENDED? are you kidding me?

and the goalie wasn't trying to avoid the hit at all, he just didn't give a shit about the fact there was a player there, and flew in to punch the ball away. flying in to punch the ball is the exact reason he kneed the guy in the head in the first place.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:49 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
quote:

sparkz i havent seen you not be wrong on anything in such a long time. he was pissed as fuck as his first reaction because he got kneed in the head, then he got groggy and went down. you fucking douchebag, it's fucked up for you to say he 'pretended' to be injured if you saw the play, that was a knee to the head. PRETENDED? are you kidding me? and the goalie wasn't trying to avoid the hit at all, he just didn't give a shit about the fact there was a player there and fly in to punch the ball away. flying in to punch the ball is the exact reason he kneed the guy in the head in the first place.

like I said if you quoted all of it - it was a tough call, but that guy chasing after the ball was not aware
and it was not the goalie's intention to knee the dude in the head - plus that ball was so outta reach - tell me, how was he going to get it?
I don't really disagree with not giving the goal keeper a yellow card, but objectively, I can see why they didn't.

and come on - he was raging there wasn't a yellow card, then played to be injured - like if he was hurt, he's down and hurt, not saying wtf no yellow card? ok - im hurt, now change ur mind as if to overthrow the refs call

it was a tough play, but both were running after the ball and that fact that argentina can't use their hands and his way outta position in that point in time to get the ball I feel is the reason they made no calls on the play. it seemed to me he didn't get his way, so he tried again - I saw him walk off the field eventually, but if ur hurt that bad - throwing ur fist around then sinking to the ground is far different a scenario rather than just being whammed out to the ground - if he fell and stayed down - then u would have gotten the yellow card and rightfully so

I can see ur point that such a hard hit could take a moment to set in, but the way he displayed himself and the fact they were both going after the ball, obviously goalie can use hands, thus better potential for making plays - I just don't see it, in the way that it was carried out, for the goal keeper to get a yellow card and I feel its those minute details that danced on the fine line of said point

Last edited by Sparkz102 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:54 pm 
Fast Luck

Now you're making more sense, but the fact is, the player was there, and the only reason the goalie was able to get to the ball and punch it was because he either did not care or did not notice that there was a player already occupying that space. But because there WAS a player already there, he flew into him with a knee up, kneed him in the head, and plowed over him as he cleared the ball. That's not necessarily dirty (ie intentional) but it's reckless and was a really bad foul.

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:56 pm 
Fast Luck

Sparkz, the German who took a shoulder to the face and got knocked out... he ran up and down the sidelines, and then went back into the game, but then collapsed again and had to be helped off. Head injuries can be funny. It's not like it's impossible that the terrible call (they didn't just not give the goalie a card, they called a foul on the Argentine player for being kneed in the head) made him rage for a few seconds but then he felt woozy. Actually that seems to be exactly what happened.

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:59 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Now you're making more sense, but the fact is, the player was there, and the only reason the goalie was able to get to the ball and punch it was because he either did not care or did not notice that there was a player already occupying that space. But because there WAS a player already there, he flew into him with a knee up, kneed him in the head, and plowed over him as he cleared the ball. That's not necessarily dirty (ie intentional) but it's reckless and was a really bad foul.

I agree on the point with 'the goalie did not care' hes playing for the world cup and he wants to get that ball before that other guy does. I think the Argentinian was so tunnel vision on having that ball infront of him, he was not aware (thus the poor offensive awareness) of the oncoming goalie. but he didn't "did not care" in the sense that, like you said, was going to be dirty about it

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:01 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:

I agree on the point with 'the goalie did not care' hes playing for the world cup and he wants to get that ball before that other guy does. I think the Argentinian was so tunnel vision on having that ball infront of him, he was not aware (thus the poor offensive awareness) of the oncoming goalie. but he didn't "did not care" in the sense that, like you said, was going to be dirty about it
You're being ridiculous again. "I think the Argentinian was so tunnel vision on having that ball infront of him, he was not aware (thus the poor offensive awareness) of the oncoming goalie." That's a dumb thing to say. He got to that space before the goalie, it's the goalie's fault if the goalie jumps into him and knees him in the head. If he ran into the goalie, you could say that, but the goalie ran into HIM. It was a ball that could have led to a goal if the goalie came out and didn't punch it, so the goalie, despite being beat to the spot, went through the player to clear it. How can you blame the Argentinian for running to a ball and getting there first, or call it tunnel vision? That's just what you do. You DON'T smash through a guy who got to a spot first. If you do, on purpose or by accident, you are fouling him, and if it's preventing a goal or if it's as reckless and violent as what the German keeper did, it should be a card.

Last edited by Fast Luck on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 pm 
Sparkz102

the Argentinian NEVER should never have gotten a foul - I agree with that all day. I honestly don't see how they could call a foul on him - but that may be my lack of soccer knowledge

and yes as mentioned, a head injury doesn't always set in right away - I saw that - but none the less, it was a rough collision - and I don't feel one player really had the advantage over the other (granted goalie may use their hands) for a foul to of been called on either party

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:04 pm 
Sparkz102

how would you not be aware - with knowledge and your own senses - that the goalie was coming? he could of heard him or seen him, but he was realllllly focused on the ball - so focused he was blindsighted hard, really hard and not even ready for that hit

the goalie had to leap for it, it's not a full head on tackle, once u jump - that's it ur in the air and with speed and momentum like that with someone else coming for the ball - tell me, who has more control?

Last edited by Sparkz102 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:05 pm 
Fast Luck

Look dude, the player in blue is there and the goalie is coming into him, about to knee him in the side of the head. The player in blue (Argentina) is NOT running into the keeper, is he? He's getting kneed in the head, from the side, because he got there first - he had the advantage. It's obviously a foul on the goalie.

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:06 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
how would you not be aware - with knowledge and your own senses - that the goalie was coming? he could of heard him or seen him, but he was realllllly focused on the ball - so focused he was blindsighted hard, really hard and not even ready for that hit
Why the hell do you keep saying this? Who cares if he knows the goalie is coming? He knows, so he runs faster and gets there first. It's a job well done. He has the right to run to the ball, it's not his obligation to run away because a goalie is coming...

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:

Look dude, the player in blue is there and the goalie is coming into him, about to knee him in the side of the head. The player in blue (Argentina) is NOT running into the keeper, is he? He's getting kneed in the head, from the side, because he got there first - he had the advantage. It's obviously a foul on the goalie.

no, he's not running into the keeper - he's running to where the ball will land. that's a shot taken the moment of contact to his shoulder so we already see reaction on the Argentinians face

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:07 pm 
Fast Luck

Exactly, but the keeper IS running into him. That's why the Argentine is doing nothing but playing soccer as he should be, and the goalie is committing a foul.

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:08 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Exactly, but the keeper IS running into him. That's why the Argentine is doing nothing but playing soccer as he should be, and the goalie is committing a foul.

no, the goalie has jumped to the projected point of where the ball is in the air thus he is able to time his air punch to the ball. he can reach it. the player cannot. both are going for the ball

I guarantee tho, the goalier saw the player and the player did not see the goalie. all the more reasoning for why the goalie has jumped for better position

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:10 pm 
Fast Luck

Omg dude. If, in order to reaach the ball, the goalie has to crash into a guy and knee the player in the head, then he is fouling the player.

Say I'm standing there, bouncing the ball on my head, would you be able to fly in and crush me in order to punch the ball? Of course not. Say I'm standing there and the ball is 5 yards away from me, and I can't reach it, but I'm between you and the ball, you can't run straight into me and mow me down, can you? think!!

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:13 pm 
Fast Luck

You do not have the right to ram into a person.

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:16 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Omg dude. If, in order to reaach the ball, the goalie has to crash into a guy and knee the player in the head, then he is fouling the player.

Say I'm standing there, bouncing the ball on my head, would you be able to fly in and crush me in order to punch the ball? Of course not. Say I'm standing there and the ball is 5 yards away from me, and I can't reach it, but I'm between you and the ball, you can't run straight into me and mow me down, can you? think!!

he ran into a guy who decided to jump!! do u know how far back you have to be to get into the air like that? and to not see someone like that coming? why didn't the Argentinian guy jump for the ball and head? (granted the field position and heading the ball wouldn't play out at all, but it would be his only shot of getting to it)

and to ur scenario, yes - I would, just like the goal keeper did - he has a set of rules he can use that the ground player can't. and given that, no - I would not contest a ground to ground collision because the goal keeper doesn't have to

if anything u should be arguing the position of the goal keeper while in the air, but that said how else could he of played it out?

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:19 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
You do not have the right to ram into a person.

see you still think the goalie did this intentionally and that's prolly due to the knee placement, both i'm not saying u have the right to ram into a person - im saying THEY IN A SPORT ARE BOTH CHASING AFTER A BALL

one guy can use his hands, the other can't. who is going to get it? think!!

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:20 pm 
Fast Luck

whether intentional or not, he fucking plowed into the dude. the argentine player was there and got fucking wrecked by an incoming foul. watch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKkbHACAhL0

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:25 pm 
Fast Luck

like, neuer has the right to go for the ball there, but when he ends up kneeing a guy in the head, it's a foul

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:27 pm 
foonat

man soccer sucks ass how do you guys watch this shit. i fell asleep and took a nap the entire 2nd half of the final game

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:

like, neuer has the right to go for the ball there, but when he ends up kneeing a guy in the head, it's a foul

it was a very brutal way of going after the ball, but he's the keeper and he has to stop it - it is a shame that he got knee'd (the goalie defly went down too) but I think until its proven that he intentionally knee'd him, it's not a foul - despite the rough hit

we can even bring up neymar getting knee'd in the back, to me it seemed 100% intentionally, just not with those drastic results, but I don't feel the same concept is to be applied here. they even reviewed neymar being knee'd and attempted to fine the other guy, not so in this case, because it doesn't appear to be intentional as the goalie can jump and reach for the ball, compared to the opposing situation.

I don't deny the fact that he was knee'd and it was a rough hit, but foul worth on either player, I cant see. so I will agree the Argentinian shouldn't of gotten the foul - I was never against that, but for the goalie to receive a yellow card (granted it would have no affect, world cup final game or not) I just don't feel it could be justified unless its convinced that he knee'd him on purpose when both are chasing the ball with a different set of abilities allowed.

could of been sneaky? sure, when u break it down frame to frame, but given his position(the role of goal keeper), I think that is over-looked - for how else do u jump if u both happen to get the ball at that point? plus as mentioned before - he was soooooo focused and tunnel visioned on getting that ball, he didn't see the goalie, nor was he in a position to get that ball anytime in the near < 1 second timeframe.

it was just such a hard hit, its hard to not want to give him a card

Last edited by Sparkz102 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:41 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
man soccer sucks ass how do you guys watch this shit. i fell asleep and took a nap the entire 2nd half of the final game

the world joins together to compete every 4 years - I really appreciate that.

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:43 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

i dont think neuer really made contact with the knee-to-head like blid thinks, maybe a little bit, but higuain basically bounced off of neuers shin based on the shoulder to shin contact. neuers knee in this frame looks like its aimed squarely at higuains head, but that is not how it actually happened in real time.

at the end of the day, its hard to call a foul either way. there are special goalie rules, when he is in the air you can't fuck with the goalie the same way you can fuck with field players. additionally, both players have a strong claim of playing the ball and NOT the man.

blid is letting his hated for europe cloud his judgement

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:47 pm 
Fast Luck

it's true i want every european team to lose, but you cant fucking destroy a guy like that dakine. he had a strong claim on playing the ball, yes, but he wrecked the d00d, it's just a foul

quote:

Post Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:14 pm