FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Donal Sterling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
This thread has really surprised me by having multiple posters making far more racist statements than paperboy.

ya, seriously,

step it up paperboy Mr. Green

Post Thu May 01, 2014 5:10 pm 
Sparkz102

... Triple Post!

I am on a roll here folks

Post Thu May 01, 2014 5:10 pm 
audre lorde

thread of the year

Post Thu May 01, 2014 5:23 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
This thread has really surprised me by having multiple posters making far more racist statements than paperboy.

I think you are being really naive in this thread. I am very against all forms of prejudice. They do exist and most of the population has them. This is not how you deal with it.

I think it is a very scary precedent to publicly lynch people for what they say in the most private of circumstances. I am certain there is something we could lynch you up for right now. This was not said in public, it was not said in the work place, it was basically a wire tap.

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:47 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
quote:

I think you are being really naive in this thread. I am very against all forms of prejudice. They do exist and most of the population has them. This is not how you deal with it.

I think it is a very scary precedent to publicly lynch people for what they say in the most private of circumstances. I am certain there is something we could lynch you up for right now. This was not said in public, it was not said in the work place, it was basically a wire tap.

you are so fucking stupid its unreal. i literally cannot fathom how someone can be this retarded
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 01, 2014 6:57 pm 
audre lorde

this thread reminds me of bizatch so much

Post Thu May 01, 2014 7:37 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by audre lorde
this thread reminds me of bizatch so much

Throwback Thursday.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 01, 2014 7:49 pm 
RamJam

quote:

How are they lynching him? Can you please answer my original question?
quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
quote:
I think you guys live sheltered lives. I've heard old people say far worse. His comments made in private (as private as it gets bf/gf) really aren't anyone's business.

"Weird" is reacting differently when confronted by the same situation. I think you guys are caught up in the sensationalism of this and are running with it. Great, have at it.
Why does it even matter if it was said in private? All that matters is that he's been exposed as a racist. All feelings aside, having a racist team owner who makes millions off the talents of black people is just bad for business. How exactly is the NBA supposed to deal with this?
Having a racist team owner is extremely bad for business when it involves an organization like the NBA. How else are they supposed to deal with this when keeping him around will likely hurt their bottom line. You claim we cant have an intelligent conversation about this but you cant even defend your position. I haven't even expressed any subjective opinions on the matter.

Post Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

anyone who uses the word "lynching" to describe public figures getting in trouble for being racists should be murdered

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:28 am 
Bobbo

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
TheDRAX

quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:
I think you guys live sheltered lives. I've heard old people say far worse. His comments made in private (as private as it gets bf/gf) really aren't anyone's business.

"Weird" is reacting differently when confronted by the same situation. I think you guys are caught up in the sensationalism of this and are running with it. Great, have at it.
Why does it even matter if it was said in private? All that matters is that he's been exposed as a racist. All feelings aside, having a racist team owner who makes millions off the talents of black people is just bad for business. How exactly is the NBA supposed to deal with this?
Having a racist team owner is extremely bad for business when it involves an organization like the NBA. How else are they supposed to deal with this when keeping him around will likely hurt their bottom line. You claim we cant have an intelligent conversation about this but you cant even defend your position. I haven't even expressed any subjective opinions on the matter.

Devil's advocate here for your last questions:
He bought it for $13 million and everyone knew he was a racist bigot and now its worth over $600 million and he is still the same racist bigot. NBA was saving face and I'm glad they did what they did, but the NBA and the Clippers were still going to make money with or with out Sterling, IMO.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 9:41 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by TheDRAX
quote:
quote:

quote:
quote:

He bought it for $13 million and everyone knew he was a racist bigot and now its worth over $600 million and he is still the same racist bigot. NBA was saving face and I'm glad they did what they did, but the NBA and the Clippers were still going to make money with or with out Sterling, IMO.

clippers probably would be even more valuable if they hadnt had sterling as owner for decades. if they had someone like, say, jerry buss (rip).

Post Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 am 
TheDRAX

I agree

Post Fri May 02, 2014 10:32 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i miss bizatch...i should have never passed up the opportunity to be college bros with him

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 am 
Fast Luck

Wow, Mackman is making Powerpoint slides now?

quote:
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:18 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

Mackman can't take all the credit, it was actually a group project of this forum.

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 11:22 am 
RamJam

quote:

Of course they're going to remain profitable but that's not the point. Hurting the bottom line doesn't mean they will be in the red.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 1:03 pm 
TheDRAX

quote:
quote:

Of course they're going to remain profitable but that's not the point. Hurting the bottom line doesn't mean they will be in the red.

Yeah I get what you're saying. My only caveat is that 9/10 times these things (controversy) get swept under the rug because they are currently profiting and they'll let the bad "PR" run its course and get back to make that bread instead of rocking the boat. Had this not been Magic Johnson (a mover and shaker) at the center of the hate, this probably wouldn't be happening.

Again - I'm glad he's gone and it was the right thing to do.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 1:29 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Wow, Mackman is making Powerpoint slides now?

i dont see any sweatshirts tied around that guy's waist, I'm calling foul.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 2:45 pm 
Jon;

NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says whoever taped Donald Sterling’s comments should be ‘sent to prison’

Abdul-Jabbar, who fully supports NBA commish Adam Silver's lifetime ban of the Clippers owner, says we should be 'equally angered' by the release of private conversations.

“Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in Time. “Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/abdul-jabbar-taped-sterling-prison-article-1.1775937#ixzz30ax1fUzL

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:12 pm 
Fast Luck

lol, we totally called the NSA to task. Right.

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:15 pm 
Jon;

why do people call things that are very american , "un-american".
yea spying intruding on other people's business yea that's so incredibly un-american. it's probably the most American thing ever.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:20 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

its also dumb because there's a difference between a government agency with a massive domestic spying network that penetrates most major vectors of communication and one phone call being recorded by one person (with his consent, i thought i read somewhere?)

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 3:28 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

in bill simmons article about it at grantland, he mentioned that the recordings started because sterling was old and forgetting shit he had said. so he asked her to record stuff for him (who knows if this is true, who cares also)

this just came out today which is classic:
""I wish I had just paid her off," Sterling told DuJour magazine, a Los Angeles lifestyle publication, speaking of V. Stiviano"

also have any of oyu guys seen v. stiviano? she looks like pete burns. which is to say she looks like a transvestite with botched plastic surgery.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 4:53 pm 
Fast Luck

Yah she's like close to being very attractive but the plastic surgery is pretty obvious so she looks very unnatural and it's kind of unnerving

quote:

Post Fri May 02, 2014 5:17 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
in bill simmons article about it at grantland, he mentioned that the recordings started because sterling was old and forgetting shit he had said. so he asked her to record stuff for him (who knows if this is true, who cares also)

this just came out today which is classic:
""I wish I had just paid her off," Sterling told DuJour magazine, a Los Angeles lifestyle publication, speaking of V. Stiviano"

also have any of oyu guys seen v. stiviano? she looks like pete burns. which is to say she looks like a transvestite with botched plastic surgery.

he's also battling cancer too. and if true of the recording - as both parties did agree, that's reeeally low to knock someone down whos on borderline dementia

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:04 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
NBA legend Kareem Abdul-Jabbar says whoever taped Donald Sterling’s comments should be ‘sent to prison’

Abdul-Jabbar, who fully supports NBA commish Adam Silver's lifetime ban of the Clippers owner, says we should be 'equally angered' by the release of private conversations.

“Shouldn’t we be equally angered by the fact that his private, intimate conversation was taped and then leaked to the media?” Abdul-Jabbar wrote in Time. “Didn’t we just call to task the NSA for intruding into American citizen’s privacy in such an un-American way?”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/abdul-jabbar-taped-sterling-prison-article-1.1775937#ixzz30ax1fUzL

glad there is more then one person in this world who gets it.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:05 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Yah she's like close to being very attractive but the plastic surgery is pretty obvious so she looks very unnatural and it's kind of unnerving

fucked up cheeks or not - she's got the crazy eyes

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:06 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
that's a nigger move right there too.

Post Fri May 02, 2014 6:20 pm