FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

final fantasy tactics wotl
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Aerasal

final fantasy tactics wotl

if anyone is interested (like I was) in the remake of ff tactics on the psp, it now works perfectly fine on the psp emulator ppsspp.

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:56 pm 
smurf_king

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:05 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

what's your point? there wasn't anything to discuss.

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:10 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

whats different in the remake?

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:17 pm 
Aerasal

the biggest difference is the new translation. other than that there's like one or two new optional chars, a couple of battle encounters are slightly different (argus shows up in chap 4 as an undead), two new classes (one is onion knight with no abilities the other is gafgarion or w/e's death knight class), and some minor balance changes.

I've only played the beg but I kinda like the original translation more so far even as bad as it was. I dunno if I'm just so used to the original but the new one seems really cheesy with its supposed medieval style.

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:42 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

lol at posting tumbleweed.gif 1 hour after the op. way to jump the gun
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:01 pm 
smurf_king

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:10 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
the biggest difference is the new translation. other than that there's like one or two new optional chars, a couple of battle encounters are slightly different (argus shows up in chap 4 as an undead), two new classes (one is onion knight with no abilities the other is gafgarion or w/e's death knight class), and some minor balance changes.

I've only played the beg but I kinda like the original translation more so far even as bad as it was. I dunno if I'm just so used to the original but the new one seems really cheesy with its supposed medieval style.

yeah to be honest i feel like half the charm of the first one's aesthetic is the shitty translation. "Blame yourselves, or God."
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 am 
SoCxEcLiPzE

the new translation is pretty awful. but the game is and has always been great

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

yeah to be honest i feel like half the charm of the first one's aesthetic is the shitty translation. "Blame yourselves, or God."[/quote]

This.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

BTW.... if you enjoyed this game... Tactics Ogre is very good too. FFT is pretty much a blatant ripoff of that game. TO has a bit more depth to it (different story arcs you can take depending on your choices).

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

yeah to be honest i feel like half the charm of the first one's aesthetic is the shitty translation. "Blame yourselves, or God."

Yeah I agree. I'm playing through just to see what differences of the story are present with a new translation and just because I enjoy playing it.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:51 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxEcLiPzE
BTW.... if you enjoyed this game... Tactics Ogre is very good too. FFT is pretty much a blatant ripoff of that game. TO has a bit more depth to it (different story arcs you can take depending on your choices).

I've heard of to and that its similar to fft but never played it. Ill prob play it too on this psp emulator.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:54 am 
Aerasal

it would be op but it'd be kewl and fun if they let you have access to all the unique classes of enemy chars.

i was looking again at the difference on the fft wotl wikia and according to it the original na release on ps was made easier than the jap version. i didn't realize that and thought it was the opposite. i thought they always made the jap versions of games easier. i remember reading that the jap version of dmc was easier than the na version.

anyway, that's another change in that they reverted stuff back to the not as easy jap version besides the 1 on 1 weigraf battle that's now been made easier.

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:18 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

thats cool because the wiegraf fight is hard more because it really requires preparation to win and the game gives you no idea about what a shit show you're stumbling into before it and it auto-saves before the fight with no way to go back to the map and grind

quote:

Post Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:09 pm 
audre lorde

the game itself is a lot easier if you make ramza into one of the decent melee classes...i was caught off guard by the wiegraf battle but because i'd made him into a monk i just stomped him

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:03 am 
audre lorde

also, lol @ this shit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWU4a9saVgQ

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:10 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by audre lorde
the game itself is a lot easier if you make ramza into one of the decent melee classes...i was caught off guard by the wiegraf battle but because i'd made him into a monk i just stomped him

also if you have yell (i think that's what its called? its been years) as one of the abilities you can rope a dope him while you keep casting it until your speed is high enough to get like six actions to his 1

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:34 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i didnt have a big problem because i knew it was coming but it was still kinda hard. the one after that on the rooftop where you have to save the girls from the assassin ladies was a lot more annoying. on my original playthrough i got stuck at that one trade city battle with the archers on the roof

quote:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:36 am 
Aerasal

quote:

That was another balance change they made in the psp version. Ramsa's stat growth was reduced and is more similar to generic chars. I know I always used him as a physical damage char and he always really raped. Monk was good and wear armor as a ninja was also another i used alot that raped.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:35 am 
Aerasal

quote:
i didnt have a big problem because i knew it was coming but it was still kinda hard. the one after that on the rooftop where you have to save the girls from the assassin ladies was a lot more annoying. on my original playthrough i got stuck at that one trade city battle with the archers on the roof

I didnt know it was coming my first play through but I had Ramsay set up with auto potion and x-potion. That was the only reason i got through it. Auto potion in general was kinda op i thought and made the game pretty easy if a bunch of your chars had it.

The rooftop battle with the assassin ladies was pretty bs. One of my playthroughs they would kill the person you had to protect before i even had a turn. Luckily I had access to the ninja on some of my chars and after making a couple ninjas i coukd have a turn before i lost the battle.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 am 
audre lorde

quote:
also if you have yell (i think that's what its called? its been years) as one of the abilities you can rope a dope him while you keep casting it until your speed is high enough to get like six actions to his 1

it's funny, i never ever really used his main class (in the playthroughs i went through i'd always go for either taking only physical classes or wizard classes) but i've never, ever played through that game using his default class. i know that i missed out on using ultima (which isnt a big deal since the spell sucks anyway) but i missed out on tinkering with his other abilities

i really like how you can max out his faith and he won't leave the party lol

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:32 pm 
audre lorde

quote:
That was another balance change they made in the psp version. Ramsa's stat growth was reduced and is more similar to generic chars. I know I always used him as a physical damage char and he always really raped. Monk was good and wear armor as a ninja was also another i used alot that raped.

well, he was pretty overpowered in the original version because of his stats but his class abilities (with some exceptions) weren't anything to write home about. did they at least buff those?

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:36 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i'd hope they nerfed orlandu too whos basically a cheat code

quote:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:59 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

it's funny, i never ever really used his main class (in the playthroughs i went through i'd always go for either taking only physical classes or wizard classes) but i've never, ever played through that game using his default class. i know that i missed out on using ultima (which isnt a big deal since the spell sucks anyway) but i missed out on tinkering with his other abilities

i really like how you can max out his faith and he won't leave the party lol

i think ramza's base class was just a normal squire besides being able to learn ultima and another ability you get in chap 4 that increases brave, speed, and PA.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:52 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
i'd hope they nerfed orlandu too whos basically a cheat code

i just stopped using after i played through the game a couple times. i preferred using my own guys most of the time anyway.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:54 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

well yeah but its still pretty ridic

quote:

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:28 pm 
SarX

I'm playing it now on the playstation and this is one game that holds up to the test of time.

Ramza as a monk is brutal. I two punched wiegraf to death in one of those battles.

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:42 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by SarX
I'm playing it now on the playstation and this is one game that holds up to the test of time.

Ramza as a monk is brutal. I two punched wiegraf to death in one of those battles.

Monk with double punch (ninja ability or w/e) is just too strong. GG

+ auto potion for lols

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:14 pm 
Aerasal

my phone auto corrected ramza to ramsay earlier. kewl huh

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm