Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri May 30, 2014 11:43 am 
~Dakine..HeX

was it really placebo effect?

i vividly remember having specific nintendo games that 100% would not load until you blew on them. But then after a good dusting and blowout, game worked like a charm.

i was between the ages of 4-8 during my prime NES years, so maybe it was total placebo effect and im having placebo memories

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:09 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
was it really placebo effect?

i vividly remember having specific nintendo games that 100% would not load until you blew on them. But then after a good dusting and blowout, game worked like a charm.

i was between the ages of 4-8 during my prime NES years, so maybe it was total placebo effect and im having placebo memories

I had a game that was broke - and only by putting another game in ontop of it to crunch it enough would it be allowed to be played.

blids trollin hard (or never had a NES as a child)

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:10 pm 
Fast Luck

Lol, just google if it worked, youll find that it didnt and that on Nintendos own website it says not to blow into the cartridges cuz the moisture of your breath can fuck up the copper or w/e. People THOUGHT it worked because they kept trying it until it worked. If it didn't work the first time they blew in it they'd try it again and then again, and then it would work. The real reason it finally started working is because every time you took it out and put it back in, you were reseating the cartridge and having another chance to get a proper connection. I blew in them some as a kid but I also tried other things like pushing the cart in as high as I could or as low as I could in the initial entry, pushing it in more firmly, etc. and those kind of moves worked better than just blowing into it and flipping it back in, because, come on, why would blowing air onto a digital circuit or w/e suddenly make it start working unless it's literally full of dust and shit?

quote:

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:19 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

well duh, you dont blow directly into the cartridge, you blow through your t-shirt to stop the moisture

you think i was some kind of retarded 5 year old?

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:33 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Lol, just google if it worked, youll find that it didnt and that on Nintendos own website it says not to blow into the cartridges cuz the moisture of your breath can fuck up the copper or w/e. People THOUGHT it worked because they kept trying it until it worked. If it didn't work the first time they blew in it they'd try it again and then again, and then it would work. The real reason it finally started working is because every time you took it out and put it back in, you were reseating the cartridge and having another chance to get a proper connection. I blew in them some as a kid but I also tried other things like pushing the cart in as high as I could or as low as I could in the initial entry, pushing it in more firmly, etc. and those kind of moves worked better than just blowing into it and flipping it back in, because, come on, why would blowing air onto a digital circuit or w/e suddenly make it start working unless it's literally full of dust and shit?

cuz maybe people , 7yr old kids - didn't put the game back into the black cartridge holder and it did literally get full of shit and dust in the game room!

I swear blid for as smart as you are - sometimes ur such a fucking retarded troll and a buzzkill it makes me question you

also - that moisture shit - the cleaning kit required moisture! I know cuz I owned one - I don't have to fucking google it ya goof
https://www.google.com/search?q=nes+cleaning+kit&biw=1172&bih=712&tbm=isch&imgil=YKlQhzIN0CTTBM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcQsV7-I5zf8OKgLK5Gv5iEDFzM8pz8y4lJi5jo4vDED45EFHKYnPQ%253B1000%253B1448%253BpqbG9-FeX1rfVM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fimageevent.com%25252Fgamescans%25252Fgamemagazines%25252Fnescleaningkit%25253Bjsessionid%2525253Dxstmdxicd1.frog_s%25253Fp%2525253D11%25252526n%2525253D1%25252526m%2525253D20%25252526c%2525253D5%25252526l%2525253D0%25252526w%2525253D1%25252526s%2525253D0%25252526z%2525253D9&source=iu&usg=__XIm3sMU8hEUAfEZqIok_LZ0oAiM%3D&sa=X&ei=X86IU6qFA8-pyAT8jYDACw&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAg#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=_VEPNyifTfWWDM%253A%3BO-PecmvbFuuZoM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.crummysocks.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2013%252F04%252Fnes_kit_2.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fcrummysocks.com%252Fnode%252F7407%3B3264%3B2448

and rofl - "I googled it" - bitch, google ur own damn memory - of course a company is going to say don't blow on their shit - some 5yr old is gonna drool on it - but life works differently than black and white directions ya fuckhead lol -

"ALL HAIL THE INTERNETS"
-Blid, 2014.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 12:36 pm 
Jon;

full blown rage gibberish over nes cartridges

Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:09 pm 
Fast Luck

i did use my own memory, which as i said, involved trying to put in the cart at different angles and etc and having that work as well/better than blowing

dust wouldnt stop the circuits from connecting. the problem was obviously not dust. did SNES and N64 cartridges get all fucked up by "dust"?
why is this only a problem with NES games? because of the front-loading VCR type insertion system not establishing good connections

quote:

Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

Blowing in the cartridges works you stupid dumb shit. Ban this idiot.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol the cleaning kit

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 1:25 pm 
Sypher

I did a combination of blowing into cartridge and inserting it at different angles. I remember one game would only play if i didn't insert it all the way. I would push down on the cartridge and the console would push it in the perfect way.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 8:57 pm 
Scrub

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub
LeBron always does this. He made a good play, but he had an easy one at the rim. He needs that killer mentality like Jordan n Kobe. Even if you act like Magic, Earvin was laying that shit up!! Part of me wants to think he did it on purpose.

LeBron 40 n 10 next game.. minimum..

God damn. I could make a living on sports, time after time.

Post Fri May 30, 2014 10:19 pm 
Jon;

quote:
he was truly horrible, feuding with all his hand picked assistants to the point where mike malone didnt talk to him for months... then promptly got hired once he left the team. jackson demotes scalabrine who he selected and management loved. after erman improved the team's defense and players started crediting him with helping their defensive game, jackson said "no specific assistant coach" deserves credit for helping the defense. then he alienates erman so much - he even took away his parking space - htat erman began taping him to see what kind of shit he was saying behind his back. erman gets fired, promptly gets another job with the celtics.

“Some people are pretty determined to be successful in life. Some people, it’s not enough to go from being a bottom assistant to moving up another step and another step. Some people are anxious and excited to try to climb all the way to your seat. That’s unfortunate. Because whatever job I’ve been called to do, I want to do that job with everything in me, and have no eyes on anybody else’s job. That’s just not how I do business.”
lol wow, people trying to go up the ladder from assistant coach to coach, how awful. not like mark jackson, who went direct to head coach with absolutely zero experience

did you know when mark jackson was a player on the jazz, he tried to lead a locker room rebellion against john stockton? mark jackson is a fucking jackass

@WojYahooNBA: Here's something I've never seen worse in NBA than it is now: Unemployed coaches shamelessly in pursuit of jobs that are already filled.

@wojyahooNBA: Amazingly, it's almost always the coaches who most preach loyalty and character involved in this too

Post Sat May 31, 2014 9:04 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

spurs vs heat

who do you all pick, and how many games?

ill say san antonio in 7, because they have home court and I feel as though they are better than last year

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:27 am 
Fast Luck

San An 6

quote:

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:35 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
all i know is, the spurs are going to win the nba

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:37 am 
Fast Luck

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/what-s-at-stake-for-the-san-antonio-spurs-in-the-nba-finals-081037196.html

quote:

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:22 am 
foonat

Heat in 6. we have lebron james so we win

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:10 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
Heat in 6. we have lebron james so we win

this is a pretty sound argument. I think the spurs will win, but the problem is that they dont have LeBron James, so I am not convinced.

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:40 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

goddammit sparkz102

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:20 pm 
Fast Luck

im playing this
http://www.talesofgames.com/related_game/barkley-shut-up-jam-gaiden/
to get into the mood for these finals

quote:

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:42 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
goddammit sparkz102

lol Mr. Green

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:10 pm 
Fast Luck

that sux that lebron was hurt at the end but looks like the spurs would have won anyway.

quote:

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:37 pm 
Jon;

Spurs went on a 4th quarter rampage 36-17

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:42 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

http://i.imgur.com/UihMbhq.png

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:33 am 
Fast Luck

lol cuz he's sponsored by powerade

stupid corporate twitter accounts trolling

quote:

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:48 am 
Jon;

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:02 pm 
Sypher

LeBron is GOAT.

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:17 pm 
stoned@chayliss

....the first time I got to the end game of super Mario 3 my cat was hangin out with me and she liked to rub on shit and play you know.... in my excitement ( I loved that cat dearly btw) I tried to get the cat in fear of her bumping the power and or reset buttons or maybe even getting the game to pop up out of play...

I ended up resetting the game out of excitement and trying to get the cat away from the NES...

remember blowing the tapes....of course you do....

one way to fix cartrages is to clean the contacts by gently using an eraser on them..THEN BLOWING....

jon you faggot your opening post said shit about NES....you fucking hack common thread trash....

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
quote:
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:33 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Winchester

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
....the first time I got to the end game of super Mario 3 my cat was hangin out with me and she liked to rub on shit and play you know.... in my excitement ( I loved that cat dearly btw) I tried to get the cat in fear of her bumping the power and or reset buttons or maybe even getting the game to pop up out of play...

I ended up resetting the game out of excitement and trying to get the cat away from the NES...

remember blowing the tapes....of course you do....

one way to fix cartrages is to clean the contacts by gently using an eraser on them..THEN BLOWING....

jon you faggot your opening post said shit about NES....you fucking hack common thread trash....

My cat killed Diablo once in diablo 1 by walking on my keyboard. Had 8 scrolls of Apocolypse as my 1-8 hotkeys and she pressed a couple of them lol.

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:26 am