Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
i have heroes of the storm, i havent played it yet though.

it looks a lot like league of legends to me, the movement and animations are all very clunky and iPad-ish...i'll give it a shot this weekend when I have some time but I am already about 99% sure that its going to be worse than dota

I heard good things from some work friends that were playing as a full team but... its pretty terrible solo. No proper reward or incentive, they have stripped away so much of the depth of the Dota model. It's more like the Xbox Arcade game "Guardians of Middle Earth" than either DoTa or LoL. No last hitting, no items, no choosing of skill level ups. The only choice you have is to pick one of 2 fairly uncompelling passives every few minutes. Oh yeah and the Hero design is incredibly bland. There is a hero called "Muradin" - he is exactly the mountain king from War3. Same exact skillset. Even the first creators of the first version of DOTA changed it up more than that. It's funny that the games are shorter than LoL/Dota games, because they feel way longer (i.e. boring). Because there is no scaling of items, it is a slogfest and its hard to get kills without outnumbering enemies significantly. But everyone feels better because they only show you Kills and Assists over Death ratio. T-ball status.

On the plus side, the entire soundtrack during games is re-recorded versions of Warcraft 2 songs. By far the best feature of the game.

i'm wondering why they even bothered to revamp and come out with a new mobo once dota 2 launched

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:04 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
quote:

it looks a lot like league of legends to me, the movement and animations are all very clunky and iPad-ish...i'll give it a shot this weekend when I have some time but I am already about 99% sure that its going to be worse than dota

I heard good things from some work friends that were playing as a full team but... its pretty terrible solo. No proper reward or incentive, they have stripped away so much of the depth of the Dota model. It's more like the Xbox Arcade game "Guardians of Middle Earth" than either DoTa or LoL. No last hitting, no items, no choosing of skill level ups. The only choice you have is to pick one of 2 fairly uncompelling passives every few minutes. Oh yeah and the Hero design is incredibly bland. There is a hero called "Muradin" - he is exactly the mountain king from War3. Same exact skillset. Even the first creators of the first version of DOTA changed it up more than that. It's funny that the games are shorter than LoL/Dota games, because they feel way longer (i.e. boring). Because there is no scaling of items, it is a slogfest and its hard to get kills without outnumbering enemies significantly. But everyone feels better because they only show you Kills and Assists over Death ratio. T-ball status.

On the plus side, the entire soundtrack during games is re-recorded versions of Warcraft 2 songs. By far the best feature of the game.

i'm wondering why they even bothered to revamp and come out with a new mobo once dota 2 launched

A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:02 am 
Allstar

just wondering who randymarsh is just joind the war2 community- tryin to update the list of who's who in the roster since we all have diff screen names to our war2 names

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:57 pm 
foonat

that is ramjam

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:03 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
quote:

I dunno man blizzard is weird now. There's definitely a still a lingering quality bar, but they don't have the type of development talent that they used to, that could get shit done. SC2, Diablo 3, and now HoS are all games that tried to re-capture the brilliance of games from 10 years ago, but with some inescapable soft cuddliness inspired by WoW as opposed to the grit from their older games. This goes for the art style, the lack of innovation, the catering to the noob, and a fear of hardcore in-the-moment game mechanics which leads to a lack of depth.

Post Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:28 pm 
SoCxEcLiPzE

I'm currently playing it. I've already preordered RoS. I'm not really sure how long it will hold my attention... 2.0 is a lot more fun... but they are going to have to come up with something more enticing to hold players. I don't think adventure mode will be enough.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

I'm currently playing it. I've already preordered RoS. I'm not really sure how long it will hold my attention... 2.0 is a lot more fun... but they are going to have to come up with something more enticing to hold players. I don't think adventure mode will be enough.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:26 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

If anyone plays hardcore, add me: Noumena#1116

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:28 pm 
foonat

i haven't bought RoS yet - r u guys liking it?

quote:

Post Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:14 pm 
Shotgun_

Keep getting called in for work so have only played an hour or so, and I can say I think the game is going to be a lot better without the AH.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:54 am 
Allstar

i'm enjoying it - make sure to join the war2 community so we can keep track of everybody. if your name is something weird ingame leave your aka on forums or post it in community and i'll list it.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:42 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
i haven't bought RoS yet - r u guys liking it?
Yeah it's definitely better than before. The only problem is it's almost too easy. After 2 days I was able to nearly max out my gear with yellows (with the exception of an amulet) and I can do T3 pretty easily. At this point I'm at the mercy of the RNG gods to find specific Legendaries that can have ridiculous stats. If you are able to pickup something like an azurewrath with a decent roll early on you will be instantly end game, while others might have to farm for months to find it.

Post Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:59 am 
Shotgun_

Yah Legendries drop left right and centre..It is very easy. Also if you spent heaps of real cash on items on d3 AH you'd be pissed, lol

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:30 am 
kublikhan

I haven't bought ROS, not sure I am going to. But I have been playing with loot 2.0. I agree with the other posters who said it is easier. I started a new character and can get decent gear anywhere: drops, forge, even merchants. Before most of my gear came from the auction house. I saved alot of my old gear from the gold AH in the stash but few items are worth saving anymore. I used to want to have a bigger stash but now I don't need it as much. I can just create decent gear at the forge. Legendaries are actually useful now. I actually am using a few of those instead of tossing them.

They put plugs in everywhere to try and get you to buy ROS. Crusader references dropping, adventure mode, blood shards, etc. Like a built in comercial. I went up 2 difficulty levels because it said imperial gems drop from high level monsters. But then I later found out that is only in ROS. Bah.

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:27 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Yah Legendries drop left right and centre..It is very easy. Also if you spent heaps of real cash on items on d3 AH you'd be pissed, lol
What is ur fucking battletag

Post Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:03 pm 
Shotgun_

I think its Wojskix

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm 
foonat

there need to be numbers after it

quote:

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:16 pm 
foonat

do u have a monk named boomboomboom

quote:

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 pm 
Shotgun_

yes

Post Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 pm 
RamJam

Just thought I'd share this. Ran into a goblin convention in a rift today. Anyone else see anything like this?

Post Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:13 pm 
KingHillBilly

Game is good. Leaps and bounds above the original. Fresh content, new loot, better pacing... It exceeded my expectations.

Enjoying it quite a bit.

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:59 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
Game is good. Leaps and bounds above the original. Fresh content, new loot, better pacing... It exceeded my expectations.

Enjoying it quite a bit.
i agree that it is better but i still feel that it is incredibly repetitive and can only play it for an hour or two before i get bored (which is probably a good thing anyway Smile)

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 am 
audre lorde

i still feel like diablo 2 is the better game....

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 am 
KingHillBilly

quote:
quote:

Enjoying it quite a bit.
i agree that it is better but i still feel that it is incredibly repetitive and can only play it for an hour or two before i get bored (which is probably a good thing anyway Smile)

I would fall asleep in <20 minutes in vanilla running act 3 and the like. It doesn't make me sleepy anymore, not sure if its because of the high damage, better loot more often, or what exactly.

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Allstar

quote:
quote:
quote:

Enjoying it quite a bit.

I would fall asleep in <20 minutes in vanilla running act 3 and the like. It doesn't make me sleepy anymore, not sure if its because of the high damage, better loot more often, or what exactly.

yea its weird, i would get sleepy even if i wasnt tired. i still really hate doing act 2 bounties for some reason. join the war2 community khb!

Post Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:03 pm 
kublikhan

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Opening Cinematic

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls Alternate Opening

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:26 am 
turtleman@can

Glad they had a demo for diablo 3, I can only play those games for 20 minutes. no depth, repetitive tedious gameplay. I couldn't even slog through Diablo 2 long enough to see the story.

I agree with Ash, Blizzard have lost their golden-boy status. I don't really care what they do anymore and have no interest in heroes of the storm

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:38 pm 
RamJam

Played it today for the first time in weeks to check out the new patch. So they're now allowing you to get torment specific items from kadala. Literally all you do in the game now is join RiFs and pick up the blood shards to get anything you want.

Post Wed May 14, 2014 2:42 am 
foonat

i basically gifted blizz my $40 as i got bored like 2 weeks after expack launch. maybe i'll pick it up again this summer when i want to waste time

quote:

Post Thu May 15, 2014 10:40 am 
~Dakine..HeX

i feel like every blizzard game i've purchased since warcraft3 was a gift to blizzard.

at least hearthstone is free. even though ive spent money on it...i didnt have to

Post Fri May 16, 2014 12:45 pm