FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Shotgun_

Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Anyone gonna get this? Even though D3 was kind of a let down, I am still wanting to play out the story.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:23 am 
foonat

i am..i've been playing some patch 2.0 and the game is definitely better. of course it's still d3 so i can only play for 30 mins to an hour before i get bored Smile

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:45 am 
Shotgun_

Add me to your friends list

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am 
foonat

are u on australia server

quote:

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:00 am 
KingHillBilly

I might try it but it bores me to tears as well.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
RamJam

Probably not. Without an AH or the ability to trade items I see this game getting extremely boring after the first play through.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:01 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

I might get it to pass the time while waiting for my Heroes of the Storm invite. I do like them taking out the auction house, it will make the game funner as you have to find most of your own stuff.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

i have heroes of the storm, i havent played it yet though.

it looks a lot like league of legends to me, the movement and animations are all very clunky and iPad-ish...i'll give it a shot this weekend when I have some time but I am already about 99% sure that its going to be worse than dota

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:13 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX

it looks a lot like league of legends to me, the movement and animations are all very clunky and iPad-ish...i'll give it a shot this weekend when I have some time but I am already about 99% sure that its going to be worse than dota

I heard good things from some work friends that were playing as a full team but... its pretty terrible solo. No proper reward or incentive, they have stripped away so much of the depth of the Dota model. It's more like the Xbox Arcade game "Guardians of Middle Earth" than either DoTa or LoL. No last hitting, no items, no choosing of skill level ups. The only choice you have is to pick one of 2 fairly uncompelling passives every few minutes. Oh yeah and the Hero design is incredibly bland. There is a hero called "Muradin" - he is exactly the mountain king from War3. Same exact skillset. Even the first creators of the first version of DOTA changed it up more than that. It's funny that the games are shorter than LoL/Dota games, because they feel way longer (i.e. boring). Because there is no scaling of items, it is a slogfest and its hard to get kills without outnumbering enemies significantly. But everyone feels better because they only show you Kills and Assists over Death ratio. T-ball status.

On the plus side, the entire soundtrack during games is re-recorded versions of Warcraft 2 songs. By far the best feature of the game.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm 
RamJam

I actually just updated the game and I'm not sure how to play Barb without LS.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:22 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
quote:

I heard good things from some work friends that were playing as a full team but... its pretty terrible solo. No proper reward or incentive, they have stripped away so much of the depth of the Dota model. It's more like the Xbox Arcade game "Guardians of Middle Earth" than either DoTa or LoL. No last hitting, no items, no choosing of skill level ups. The only choice you have is to pick one of 2 fairly uncompelling passives every few minutes. Oh yeah and the Hero design is incredibly bland. There is a hero called "Muradin" - he is exactly the mountain king from War3. Same exact skillset. Even the first creators of the first version of DOTA changed it up more than that. It's funny that the games are shorter than LoL/Dota games, because they feel way longer (i.e. boring). Because there is no scaling of items, it is a slogfest and its hard to get kills without outnumbering enemies significantly. But everyone feels better because they only show you Kills and Assists over Death ratio. T-ball status.

On the plus side, the entire soundtrack during games is re-recorded versions of Warcraft 2 songs. By far the best feature of the game.

that sounds terrible
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:25 pm 
RamJam

I'm actually considering getting RoS just so I can play the crusader right now.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:53 pm 
foonat

i expect you will have fun, get lvl 60, and get bored 30 mins thereafter

quote:

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:55 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

that sounds terrible

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm 
RamJam

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
i expect you will have fun, get lvl 60, and get bored 30 mins thereafter
Yeah that's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm not sure if I want to drop $40 on it.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:40 pm 
Axolotl

Post big patch it's a bit better -- you actually can get regular drops that improve your equipment for quite awhile. Plus the 150% xp right now makes leveling really fast.

I hated it before the latest big patch.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:46 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Shotgun_

I dont know what server I am on.

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:12 pm 
Shotgun_

Aren't Asia and US linked? I have war2 friends and played with Jade and Equinox a lot and they live in Canada

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:13 pm 
RamJam

Server list says asia/europe/americas. You might be playing on the americas server.

and wow they nerfed barb hard. I guess I'm playing wizard now.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:21 am 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Aren't Asia and US linked? I have war2 friends and played with Jade and Equinox a lot and they live in Canada
whats ur battletag

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:04 am 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
Server list says asia/europe/americas. You might be playing on the americas server.

and wow they nerfed barb hard. I guess I'm playing wizard now.
barb's playable, just not as OP as before. however, wizard absolutely owns right now

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:05 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i read you actually have to pay to unlock heroes in heroes of the storm too, what a pile

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
i read you actually have to pay to unlock heroes in heroes of the storm too, what a pile

yeah there are like 6 or so that are free to play, the rest cost between 5-$10 I believe, or you can probably grind for a thousand hours to earn them.

D: blizzard doto worst doto

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:24 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah i read you can buy with in-game currency but the scaling is ridiculous. i don't even get the logic behind it really when one major competitor (league) makes it feasible to unlock through in-game currency (not experienced with league feel free to correct me on this) and another major competitor (dota) has them all totally free. and these are both well established games with dedicated fanbases. how does blizzard think they're going to pull people who play those games to their side? or are they banking on appealing to the "casual" crowd with blizzard brand recognition and "streamlining?" because in that case i think league beat them to the punch on that stuff minus the brand recognition, and being limited to 4-6 options initially without paying money is a pretty lame introduction to the game. i guess to be fair it is still a beta but damn

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:29 pm 
Allstar

we should create a war2 community. on US.

I've been playing alot. Game's so much better without the AH.

well i went ahead and created the "war2" community open to public so you guys can join up and we can somewhat keep track of each other. if anyone wants to run this community thing with any kinda seriousness just ask and ill promote, or whatever.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:42 pm 
Allstar

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
Probably not. Without an AH or the ability to trade items I see this game getting extremely boring after the first play through.

adventure mode is pretty fun.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
quote:

yeah there are like 6 or so that are free to play, the rest cost between 5-$10 I believe, or you can probably grind for a thousand hours to earn them.

D: blizzard doto worst doto

gold = IP in Heroes and you can unlock all the champs with it. It probably takes around the same time as league.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:24 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe

You don't get to pick from 2, there is anywhere from 3-5 per level, and they are not all passives. The game is in alpha, a lot can change.

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:26 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Allstar
we should create a war2 community. on US.

I've been playing alot. Game's so much better without the AH.

well i went ahead and created the "war2" community open to public so you guys can join up and we can somewhat keep track of each other. if anyone wants to run this community thing with any kinda seriousness just ask and ill promote, or whatever.
is it called "war2 relics" ?

edit: nm that's a clan...found the community

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:31 pm 
BanMe

quote:
yeah i read you can buy with in-game currency but the scaling is ridiculous. i don't even get the logic behind it really when one major competitor (league) makes it feasible to unlock through in-game currency (not experienced with league feel free to correct me on this) and another major competitor (dota) has them all totally free. and these are both well established games with dedicated fanbases. how does blizzard think they're going to pull people who play those games to their side? or are they banking on appealing to the "casual" crowd with blizzard brand recognition and "streamlining?" because in that case i think league beat them to the punch on that stuff minus the brand recognition, and being limited to 4-6 options initially without paying money is a pretty lame introduction to the game. i guess to be fair it is still a beta but damn

yep. I imagine the sloggish nature of the game represents at least in part their development process. To go from having DOTA in your engine 11 years ago to being so far behind at this point is just smh

Post Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:35 pm