quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:14 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

I for one am shocked that a film about an ostensibly heroic modern American myth is less than completely accurate.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:56 pm 
turtleman@can

It was a pretty good movie but even the story of the movie seemed kinda fucked.

I can see why the crew would dish out shit like this even if it's inaccurate just based off of how they're portrayed in the movie.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:22 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
I for one am shocked that a film about an ostensibly heroic modern American myth is less than completely accurate.
did you read the article

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
did you read the article

I did...not.
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:46 pm 
smurf_king

Too bad the 'crew member' interviewed here doesn't give in details about the 3 attacks that took place, instead of just 2 as it was depicted in the movie.

quote:
“We had two pirate attacks over 18 hours,” says this crew member, not just the one shown in the film.

i am in doubt about this

what Does he define as an attack? an attempt?

at the movie there was the first attempt then retreated cuz of engine failing then later succeding taking control of the ship at the 2nd attempt

So, i am to assume, the pirates were DISSUADED 2 TIMES then?
before they actually coming aboard the ship??

Anyway, i had written a small critic regarding this movie a couple of months back and yes it was towards the inefficiency of the cap and pretty much everyone aboard, and fact that they actually had 2 attempts then the pirates succeding at their 3rd,(unlike 2 attempts only as seen in movie) makes them look even more inefficient.

Ill explain:
You see, allegedly, cap phillips managed to dissuade the pirates first attempt cuz the alabama ship going full engine and making the pirates' engine crash.

then cap phillips had a meeting with the crewmembers and at some point one of the crewmembers said they (the pirates) were going to come back, which cap phillips limited himself to saying they will follow their course and keep in contact with the navy.

My point is, how none of the 20ish people aboard came up with a defense plan by their own means? ?

If the navy wasnt getting any time soon,

im sure they could come up with some housemade molotov bombs with whats in the kitchen.. dont know how to do it? fucking ship has internet ffs.

or keep boiling water in large pots to throw them

It is 4 idiots on a boat, towards 20ish radio-equipped crewmembers
yes they are armed, but they are like 15feet below .

this are just some simple examples shit i came up with in 5minutes.

they had 12 HOURS+++ to come up with something. surely that huge cargo ship had something they could use. fuck the navy, fuck following orders, you can fire my ass when we're out of somalias waters..

THE PIRATES' ELEMENT OF SURPRISE WAS ZERO! VOID, NULL.. KAPUT!!!.

the article says one of the crewmembers mutinied, well... he shouldve done more than that...

anyway, movie was good. as all of paulgreengrass.

but the actual events... nah, i didnt swallow a bit.
and i guess we will never know what really happened if what the article says its true that cap phillips is a huge idiot.... im still interested in reading his book tho..

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king
Too bad the 'crew member' interviewed here doesn't give in details about the 3 attacks that took place, instead of just 2 as it was depicted in the movie.

quote:
“We had two pirate attacks over 18 hours,” says this crew member, not just the one shown in the film.

i am in doubt about this

what Does he define as an attack? an attempt?

at the movie there was the first attempt then retreated cuz of engine failing then later succeding taking control of the ship at the 2nd attempt

So, i am to assume, the pirates were DISSUADED 2 TIMES then?
before they actually coming aboard the ship??

Anyway, i had written a small critic regarding this movie a couple of months back and yes it was towards the inefficiency of the cap and pretty much everyone aboard, and fact that they actually had 2 attempts then the pirates succeding at their 3rd,(unlike 2 attempts only as seen in movie) makes them look even more inefficient.

Ill explain:
You see, allegedly, cap phillips managed to dissuade the pirates first attempt cuz the alabama ship going full engine and making the pirates' engine crash.

then cap phillips had a meeting with the crewmembers and at some point one of the crewmembers said they (the pirates) were going to come back, which cap phillips limited himself to saying they will follow their course and keep in contact with the navy.

My point is, how none of the 20ish people aboard came up with a defense plan by their own means? ?

If the navy wasnt getting any time soon,

im sure they could come up with some housemade molotov bombs with whats in the kitchen.. dont know how to do it? fucking ship has internet ffs.

or keep boiling water in large pots to throw them

It is 4 idiots on a boat, towards 20ish radio-equipped crewmembers
yes they are armed, but they are like 15feet below .

this are just some simple examples shit i came up with in 5minutes.

they had 12 HOURS+++ to come up with something. surely that huge cargo ship had something they could use. fuck the navy, fuck following orders, you can fire my ass when we're out of somalias waters..

THE PIRATES' ELEMENT OF SURPRISE WAS ZERO! VOID, NULL.. KAPUT!!!.

the article says one of the crewmembers mutinied, well... he shouldve done more than that...

anyway, movie was good. as all of paulgreengrass.

but the actual events... nah, i didnt swallow a bit.
and i guess we will never know what really happened if what the article says its true that cap phillips is a huge idiot.... im still interested in reading his book tho..

What.

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

I like Paul Greengrass too though.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:33 am 
Aerasal

I thought the movie was skillfully made but way too long and I stopped caring half way through. I saw that article but I already assume any movie out of Hollywood to be 10% true. The facts seem to collaborate the story if that Cree member. The ship was less than 200 miles from the coast.

Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:59 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:
quote:
did you read the article

I did...not.
well basically CAPTAIN PHILLIPS ignored all the warnings about pirates and sailed hundreds of miles too close to the coast to save money

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
did you read the article

I did...not.
well basically CAPTAIN PHILLIPS ignored all the warnings about pirates and sailed hundreds of miles too close to the coast to save money

And from what I saw in the movie, kicked those pirates asses, all while saving his employer thousands of dollars. Sounds like a true American hero to me.

Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:43 pm 
BanMe

I couldn't watch Tom Hanks try and pull off another accent he's not capable of. Pretty hard to take him seriously after Cloud Atlas.

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 pm 
Thomas29

I could care less.

Post Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:03 pm