FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

bologna!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrub

bologna!!

really? raise min wage almost $3? What about us blue collar tradesmen who make 12-18hr? this is the dumbest thing ever.. it wont solve shit. dont get the rich taxes ya want so ya pull this shit.. i picked him to win in 08 n voted for him, but damn thats not what i voted for back then.[/img]

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

you're retarded

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:40 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:43 pm 
Scrub

you tell me how it sounds like a solution? how about legalizing pot n taxing it n drug testing for welfare. see ya middle class.. i worked hard after high school to seperate myself from min wage.. ya work hard ya move up. how much moving up will there be now? ppl who worked hard who make over 10 now might as well be janitors or work at kfc.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:46 pm 
Scrub

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

do i need to reiterate that i voted for him twice n picked him to be prez.. search obama 08 or something.

not the same dude

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm 
Scrub

http://war2.warcraft.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=194899&highlight=obama#194899

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 pm 
Shotgun_

Man $10 an hour for adults? $12-$18 for tradesmen? Good tradies are on roughly 60-100 here.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:55 pm 
Jon;

you halfwit, even with the minimum wage increase they still aren't livable wages.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 pm 
terror-kahn

1% of the U.S. population hold 40% of the wealth. That seems like a huge problem to me.

.. on the surface it sounds like a minimum wage increase would help redistribute some of that money but let's be honest, corporations and big business would only jack prices of pretty much everything up to compensate for the difference in wages they are paying

raising minum wage would have zero impact.

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:27 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GreenPlastic

I can't fathom how someone could be mad about something that doesn't affect them. How can you be upset that other people will make more than they did before? Were you walking around with your head held high strictly because you made more than McDonald's workers and janitors? Maybe its time to separate your identity from your hourly wage. On a sidenote, from what I've read it only affects about 500,000 government workers. Still though, what were you expecting him to do when you voted for him 2x proudly?

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 pm 
Scrub

exactly, goods will go up avg pay workers wont get raises n yea nothin will change cept ppl who wont apply themself will feel like gods making over 10 hr

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:35 pm 
Scrub

it will affect everyone unless wages go up across the board.. n where is this money coming from?

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:46 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Scrub
exactly, goods will go up avg pay workers wont get raises n yea nothin will change cept ppl who wont apply themself will feel like gods making over 10 hr

ok i'll reiterate because you clearly didn't understand , i'll make it in bigger text too

even with the increase in minimum wage, they still are not livable wages!

hah, yea nothing like making poverty wages or borderline poverty to make someone feel like gods.

my opinion is that any job no matter what it is needs to be supplying a livable wage, that's just what a sane functioning society should do. it benefits no one to have people living in poverty, besides rich elitist cunts.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:48 pm 
Scrub

it depends where ya live. free market society creatrs competition n i see this hurting our fucked up economy even more. to think my kids are gonna grow up in this shit with no ssi as well.. smh..

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm 
Aerasal

fair wages would be a lot higher than what they are now but what does raising minimum wage do when businesses just increase their price to compensate for it

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 pm 
Aerasal

Re: bologna!!

quote:
really? raise min wage almost $3? What about us blue collar tradesmen who make 12-18hr? this is the dumbest thing ever.. it wont solve shit. dont get the rich taxes ya want so ya pull this shit.. i picked him to win in 08 n voted for him, but damn thats not what i voted for back then.[/img]

i think the idea is that as minimum wage goes up, other wages do too

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:20 pm 
Scrub

no problem here if othrr ppls wages go up, but thats left in the hands of the employer.

on a side note what uf you were that bk kid at 16, who became manager years later. point being im sure that guy got raises, but he worked hard. now some 16yo hs kid gets paid what my man worked 3 yrs for while goin to school.

Post Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:59 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I never really thought about actually working a minimum wage job after I finished school.

I think some of the problem is perhaps some people don't finish highschool or go to college, and yet expect to be making more than minimum wage?
But also the wage structure in a lot of companies is really messed up.

I know an engineer fresh out of school who will be making $68,000/year, plus pension, bonus, and health care and that's the expectation for someone with those degrees. Education helps.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:16 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
I never really thought about actually working a minimum wage job after I finished school.

I think some of the problem is perhaps some people don't finish highschool or go to college, and yet expect to be making more than minimum wage?

I know an engineer fresh out of school who will be making $68,000/year, plus pension, bonus, and health care and that's the expectation for someone with those degrees. Education helps.

Not everyone can be an engineer. And I don't just mean that in terms of an individual's intellectual ability.

I mean our society wouldn't function if everyone decided to be an engineer. We need people to work at cash registers, to prepare food, to clean, to paint. A solution (like 'people should go to school!') isn't a solution if it's not something everyone/anyone can do. Everyone going to school and getting better jobs than manual labor or whatever isn't a solution because society would be fucked. The people that do these jobs must do them and they deserve to be able to make a wage on which they can live.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 3:59 am 
Lightbringer-

Is it only me having a hard time reading what scrub posts? Kind of disorderly and not making too much sense.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:31 am 
Lightbringer-

It is only a question of demand and supply. Why are those cash register jobs and the likes paid shitty wages? There are many people that would agree to work at those wages because there simply is nothing better for them with respect to their current skills/craftsmanship, education or current market conditions wrt demand and supply of labour.

It can also happen that graduates have to work for shitty jobs because there might be too many graduates for the same limited jobs. This will drive wages down.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:36 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
Man $10 an hour for adults? $12-$18 for tradesmen? Good tradies are on roughly 60-100 here.

americans are fucking retarded and their political beliefs are fueled by resentment and crab mentality, people like scrub spent most of their lives working shit jobs then one day they're making $12/hr instead of 8 and all of a sudden their working class comrades are lazy fucking bums who don't deserve shit

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:03 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
1% of the U.S. population hold 40% of the wealth. That seems like a huge problem to me.

.. on the surface it sounds like a minimum wage increase would help redistribute some of that money but let's be honest, corporations and big business would only jack prices of pretty much everything up to compensate for the difference in wages they are paying

raising minum wage would have zero impact.

some real deep thoughts from the hired murderer whos brain damaged from IED blasts

"wealth inequality is really bad, someone should do something about that. however, if we force the rich to pay the poor more money, this will only make the rich richer, somehow. i was given the power to murder people by the most rich and powerful state in world history, lol"

Last edited by hassan-i-sabbah on Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:04 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

lol i made that post about crab mentality and resentment before i even read this. look at this fucking retard, its not even about whats good for people or what's good for society, he's mad because someone who he personally doesn't deem to deserve to make $10/hr might do so!!! oh no, a person this white trash pill addict retard thinks is a bum might only be $5k under the poverty line instead of $10k!!!!

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:06 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
fair wages would be a lot higher than what they are now but what does raising minimum wage do when businesses just increase their price to compensate for it

why do people have this idea that the only economic effect of raising the minimum wage is all the businesses in the country exactly calculating how much money it will cost them and then passing it on to consumers. like are you guys really so dense you can't understand how raising the minimum wage has other effects on the economy besides making your value meal cost 30 cents more maybe (emphasis on maybe, everyone just assumes this is how things work but there's not a great deal of evidence to support it)

remember when the minimum wage was introduced in the US and it only made the great depression worse because no one could buy the super expensive stuff in the stores now? me neither

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:08 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
no problem here if othrr ppls wages go up, but thats left in the hands of the employer.

on a side note what uf you were that bk kid at 16, who became manager years later. point being im sure that guy got raises, but he worked hard. now some 16yo hs kid gets paid what my man worked 3 yrs for while goin to school.

why the fuck should anyone care what you think people deserve to make for their work you fucking loser idiot

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:11 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel
quote:

Not everyone can be an engineer. And I don't just mean that in terms of an individual's intellectual ability.

I mean our society wouldn't function if everyone decided to be an engineer. We need people to work at cash registers, to prepare food, to clean, to paint. A solution (like 'people should go to school!') isn't a solution if it's not something everyone/anyone can do. Everyone going to school and getting better jobs than manual labor or whatever isn't a solution because society would be fucked. The people that do these jobs must do them and they deserve to be able to make a wage on which they can live.

Actually if you just let the free market take over all the retard poors will starve to death and the mega geniuses like me and Kith who went to college will invent robots to do all their jobs and we will all live in the Zeitgeist Ron Paul utopia.

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:34 am 
Jon;

$10 an hour isn't livable anywhere in america.. particularly if you have children.
scrub literally believes you can live like a god on $10 an hr..

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:52 am 
Jon;

quote:

how's your anecdotal garbage relevant to anything you fat pampered baby

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:56 am 
Scrub

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_

americans are fucking retarded and their political beliefs are fueled by resentment and crab mentality, people like scrub spent most of their lives working shit jobs then one day they're making $12/hr instead of 8 and all of a sudden their working class comrades are lazy fucking bums who don't deserve shit
really? im glad im not who you describe, but jons point hit home. ok they cant afford to live on min wage, but who can? you go up the ladder n are replaced by newbs.. smh..

Post Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:43 pm