FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

Free to 'play' MMORPG

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
stoned@chayliss

Free to 'play' MMORPG

www.swtor.com

Free is a bit gimped compared to subcription but you can fully quest and level to the level cap.

Leveling my main on the free.
Willing to reroll if anyone wants to play @ night.

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Top quality trolling Chayliss. Hat tip to you
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
also in this post - special shout out to my boy chay

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:30 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

this game is supposed to be really bad and its even worse if you dont pay, it wont even let you run

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 pm 
stoned@chayliss

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
this game is supposed to be really bad and its even worse if you dont pay, it wont even let you run

you can still sprint but the coolshit special edition addon i bought for the 'free early' speeder bike for 25$ is no longer accessable on the free.

you also get gimped on inventory slots besides being banned from mounts. and a gold cap but thats at 350k per toon and i only have 11k.

they also gimp you in the end game unless u 'buy' weekly unlocks through some grind

i just enjoy whipping around a lightsaber and hurling shit.

i did notice they improved the graphics. i had like 20gig update waiting for me.

the game is marked down quite low now also
quote:
quote:

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:39 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Winchester

quote:

It still sounds better then Runescape. I have literally a year and a half in hours played on that game. (a feature called the Adventure Log tells you how many hours,days,months,years you've actually been logged on and played) That game is as ruined as a gang rape now with all the crappy updates the company makes, one of the major updates they made there first server for people to test it out and give feedback wether it should be released or not. 90% of the community shit on it, what does Jagex (The company that makes the game) do? They make the update. The game went from 100K+ people online at a time on weekends to like 25k+ lol. And all the people that still play that are my friends don't want to stop playing because they think that Jagex will one day make it back to normal lol, or they just wanna max out every one of there skills. I only log onto the game once every 2-4 weeks to see how my clan is going.

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 pm 
kublikhan

Anyone see this?

quote:
Originally posted by article
Blizzard officially announced that they plan to remove the auction houses that operate both with real money and ingame currency by March 18th, 2014. The company decided that the extensive use of the auction houses to acquire items was detrimental to the game experience and thus decided to do away with it. On their forums a detailed FAQ on the matter can be found.

Blizzard earlier announced that the add-on will introduce a new looting system called 'Loot 2.0', which reduces the number of overall drops but makes those that happen much more valuable than before. In other words 'Loot 2.0' is meant to return the fun in acquiring items by killing monsters, one of the main activities in the game.
Blizzard to Remove Auction Houses From Diablo III

I basically stopped playing Diablo III after their auction houses melted down from the free gold fiasco. All of the prices in the auction house were hit with hyper inflation. So anyone who didn't take advantage of the gold exploit got screwed over. I was hoping they would do a server rollback but that never happened.

quote:
Originally posted by article
Yesterday's release of the 1.0.8 patch for Diablo III fixed many known bugs, but it also added an exploit that let savvy users create in-game gold out of thin air, wreaking havoc on the in-game economy and real-money auction house.

Rather than rolling back the servers by a day to erase any sign of the duplicated gold, Blizzard has decided to instead punish the "relatively few players" it says made use of the bug with "fairly limited" effect in the wider game. "We feel that performing a full roll back would impact the community in an even greater way, as it would require significant downtime as well as revert the progress legitimate players have made since patch 1.0.8 was released this morning."

That decision has created a great deal of controversy among some players who say Blizzard's actions will do nothing to fix the flood of duplicated gold that caused the value of legitimate gold to plummet in a very short time yesterday. "People with the infinite source of gold today purchased items non-stop for hours," forum poster Chillaxin noted in a popular thread of the D3 forums. "Quadrillions of gold flooded into the economy and was divided among the entire player-base to anyone selling items. You may have stopped the dupers but there is severe permanent damage if you don't rollback everything. The economy that existed was at best 'okay.' Now it is dreadful," forum user Buriz added. "I myself have no more use for my gold. The [auction house] died today when the rollback didn't happen."
Blizzard fixes Diablo III gold duplication bug, but the damage may be done

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:03 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

diablo 3 seems like one of the biggest big name game disasters in years

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:05 am 
BanMe

quote:
diablo 3 seems like one of the biggest big name game disasters in years

I wouldn't say disaster... It was a bit of a disappointment. Diablo 1 and 2 were just awesome for their time... Blizzard isn't really the breakout phenomenal studio they were in the 90's and early 2k.

But it was still worth a couple dozen hours of time, and is now available on console with many of the original problems fixed. 10+ mil sold on PC. But damn just checking the console sales figs they are insanely low.. quarter of a mil total across 360+ps3 according to vgchartz. Probably barely breaking even if at all on the console side.

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

by disaster i mostly mean a fundamental component of the game design, the auction house, completely breaking the game to the point that they're having to get rid of it

quote:

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:37 pm 
RamJam

I logged on for the first time in 4 months to see what my shit is worth. My 700m is worth a whopping $23 now after selling 300m worth of stuff a little over a year ago for $1,400. The game has no longevity and the economy is completely fucked right now. Blizzard makes their games to last, not for people to quit after a playthrough or two. The game was a disaster.

Diablo 2 is the only reason this game made money. I really doubt the expansion will make anything because another act isn't going to fix all the problems with this game.

Post Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm 
foonat

i actually have high hopes for the expansion. the reason why this game, compared to d2, wasn't much fun was because the loot system was fucked from the start. the expansion is going to revamp those issues and go back to the d2 model (less shit dropping, but the shit that does drop is good; making it worth it to kill bosses). when you think about it the core gameplay mechanics are almost identical - you mindlessly smash your buttons and kill hordes of monsters. that won't keep you entertained for 8 hours or something like a deeper game might, but it's lots of fun in small doses (to me at least). i actually think this game has more depth than d2 in that there are a variety of build choices for (most) classes that are all equally viable. for example, the monk and demon hunter classes have like 10 different builds that are all equally viable. now, some classes have 0 depth (barbarian) where there's only 1 viable build with slight variations of it, and some classes are in between where only 2 or 3 builds are viable (wizard and witch doctor come to mind), but they are going to be addressing those issues as well

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:25 am 
Scrub

it failed cuz third times a bad charm, how many times you gonna recreate a game like that and how do you beat the success of d2.. you cant

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:55 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
i actually have high hopes for the expansion. the reason why this game, compared to d2, wasn't much fun was because the loot system was fucked from the start. the expansion is going to revamp those issues and go back to the d2 model (less shit dropping, but the shit that does drop is good; making it worth it to kill bosses). when you think about it the core gameplay mechanics are almost identical - you mindlessly smash your buttons and kill hordes of monsters. that won't keep you entertained for 8 hours or something like a deeper game might, but it's lots of fun in small doses (to me at least). i actually think this game has more depth than d2 in that there are a variety of build choices for (most) classes that are all equally viable. for example, the monk and demon hunter classes have like 10 different builds that are all equally viable. now, some classes have 0 depth (barbarian) where there's only 1 viable build with slight variations of it, and some classes are in between where only 2 or 3 builds are viable (wizard and witch doctor come to mind), but they are going to be addressing those issues as well

it would have really helped the game's replayability if the zones were far more randomized and they didn't have the constant awful voice overs and cut scenes. the intent of the game was for people to mindlessly play it over and over (like d2) and spend money on the auction house. these seem like really obvious design choices to me.

I also think some pvp modes with a little depth (something besides arena) like maybe something dota esque where you play your character would have really enticed people to grind and get better gear. but then again they still haven't added the actual arena pvp, have they? maybe they didn't have the resources or time, I dunno.

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:45 pm 
foonat

they are getting rid of the auction house completely though and improving the loot system, which i think will help. but yeah like you said, at the end of the day the game is about mindlessly smashing hordes of monsters Razz and no there's no arena, there's just brawling where instead of mindlessly killing monsters you kill other players. it's horrible though and everyone gets 1 shot

quote:

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:30 pm 
stoned@chayliss

highjacked by a game i dont have

so i was clicking around and i found my speeder bike and it let me ride it. i didnt think you could. maybe its because i bought the little addon pack of goodies.

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
I respect players like Chayliss
quote:
quote:

Post Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:39 pm 
Winchester

quote:
Originally posted by stoned@chayliss
highjacked by a game i dont have

lol

Post Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:32 am 
RamJam

Anyone going to get RoS? I like a lot of the changes they made, but the idea of all useful items being BoA is a big turn off for me. I doubt I'll get it if they make trading completely obsolete in the game.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:50 pm 
foonat

i probably will because i'm dumb

quote:

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:13 pm 
kublikhan

I'll probably pick it up. I never did item trading in diablo III other than buying/selling gear in the auction house. So BoA doesn't really matter to me. How are they going to do item trading after the auction houses are shut down and items are BoA?

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:18 pm 
RamJam

I don't think trading will be a part of the game tbh. I think you can only exchange blues/whites which are worthless. Marquise gems are common drops now so all useful gems are BoA.

The game is still in beta though so they could change it. I personally think items should only be BoA after you enchant them. That would prevent items from being recycled endlessly so that all mid-end items are worthless like it is now.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:26 pm 
foonat

so they're making everything boa? wtf

quote:

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:44 pm 
RamJam

Yeah. Once you find an item you have 2 hours to give it to a party member or it becomes bound to you permanently.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm 
foonat

that's retarded. why can't they just make it like d2? i think BOA upon enchanting makes sense, but everything BOA? that's fucking WoW

quote:

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:53 pm 
RamJam

They are trying to completely get rid of bots/gold sites and the pay2win aspect of the game. Even without the AH the botters would still be selling items/gold for monetary gain on websites. I don't think they realize how important the trading aspect is to the entire Diablo franchise though.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:06 pm 
RamJam

RoS will be a huge failure if they don't change that aspect imo. The only motivation I had to play D2/D3 after beating those games was so I could make money and buy upgrades. If I was only farming for upgrades that were specific to my character I would have lost interest shortly after beating the game.

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:18 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by RamJam
RoS will be a huge failure if they don't change that aspect imo. The only motivation I had to play D2/D3 after beating those games was so I could make money and buy upgrades. If I was only farming for upgrades that were specific to my character I would have lost interest shortly after beating the game.
because it would basically be single player WoW

Post Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:48 pm