why on earth would anyone buy that?

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:38 pm 
$paCe

xbox one eh. Looks cool, it'll go nicely next to my wiiu and ps4

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:41 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Used Games?

One thing Microsoft hasn't been clear about: used games. We know that every game will come with an activation code, and that you'll have to install a game to your system's harddrive before using it. You'll also have to register it online and connect it to your Xbox Live account. Your whole family will be able to play the same game on your Xbox One, but if you want to, say, bring a game to a friend's house and play on his machine, you'll have to use your account. If you give a game to a friend, and he wants to play it on his own account, he'll have to buy it.

Sounds like the concept of "used games" as we know it might be going away. But... Microsoft says there will be *some* way to trade Xbox One games online. They're being sketchy on the details, though.

lmfao
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 23, 2013 2:51 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

i bet gamestop isnt really happy about that. no reselling of xbox one games+steam wrecking everyone anyway=no retail market outside of walmart

Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:16 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
i bet gamestop isnt really happy about that. no reselling of xbox one games+steam wrecking everyone anyway=no retail market outside of walmart

what their options? not sell xbox one games? lol

not that i have any sympathy for gamestop but yeah, really sucks for console users. most of my friends that play consoles buy tons of games used and its hard to blame them when most games are $60 and shit
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Last edited by hassan-i-sabbah on Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:30 pm 
terror-kahn

not reverse compatible... costs money to play used games... gotta pay to play online every month

no thx

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Thu May 23, 2013 4:31 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

Pretty sure 90% of xbox owners use it for netflix, call of duty or sports games based on sales

So they hold a press conference covering this demographic and they're good to go. I don't think they even have clearly stated their policy on used game sales. It's just a reason for people to go crazy over something.

I don't think they care about thrifty gamers at this point anyway - people that obsess over used games probably aren't lining up to buy brand new consoles with brand new games. Also backwards compatibility would be nice but it's not a big deal - there are going to be 50 million used xbox 360s floating around for 20-50 bucks in the next 5 years.

I'll probably pick one up at some point although I've got like 20 ps3/360 games kicking around that i haven't beaten yet

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:08 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol i knew tman would come in here and slavishly defend the money grubbing game industry

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:09 am 
turtleman@can

I'm defending them from what exactly? rumors? you're the one bitching about a closed-off system's features that you aren't going to buy anyway since you don't even support an open system (pc gaming)

I'm just stating the obvious. your opinion is worthless to them and their business decisions because you aren't one of their customers.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:24 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

that's not what you said at all though. that's what you're saying now but what you said in the last post was that the used games thing is just "a thing for people to go crazy over" and saying that all the people who buy used games dont matter. microsoft could start charging people by the hour for online multiplayer and you'd find a way to defend it

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 am 
Fast Luck

Video games

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:33 am 
turtleman@can

no i said the fact that they haven't clearly stated how used game sales will work and people go crazy over anything. at the end of the day MS is going to cater to their customers. if they have some terrible DRM system that doesn't impact their bottom line then so be it. And right now, and probably within the next 2 years, thrifty gamers don't matter to MS in terms of selling the XBox One.

People that buy $500 gaming consoles when they're new are picking up Call of Duty to play with their friends.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:38 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

such a moron lol

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:39 am 
turtleman@can

sorry that i can look at things objectively - from a business standpoint explain to me why being backwards compatible is good for microsoft?
also please reference their stance on used games and how you don't agree with it in specific detail

also keep in mind im not defending anything here - just pointing out you have no basis for an argument.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:50 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i'm not going to get in a big serious debate about video games with you its just funny what a sycophant you are to the industry

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 8:54 am 
turtleman@can

whats funny is how you call somebody a sycophant because they state some neutral facts about a situation and then back off of actually expressing your own opinion because you're more interested in slapping people around with your aspergers than discussing the topic.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 10:04 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

you care a lot about video games and defending video game companies it seems

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 10:20 am 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

you're the one that's entered 500 consecutive gaming threads attacking game companies, the industry and anybody who wants to discuss it though. I mean, you're literally obsessed

Post Fri May 24, 2013 2:37 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i laughed about a company being comically evil and making it so you cant resale used games possibly. i guess that means i'm "obsessed"

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 2:49 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

you're the one that's entered 500 consecutive gaming threads attacking game companies, the industry and anybody who wants to discuss it though. I mean, you're literally obsessed

Post Fri May 24, 2013 3:52 pm 
$paCe

It's not that hassan is obsessed with video game threads, he's just obsessed with racial discrimination, which just so happens to encompass every aspect of life in his mind, including the distribution of used video games which he thinks should be free for anyone who's not white. duh..

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:18 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
It's not that hassan is obsessed with video game threads, he's just obsessed with racial discrimination, which just so happens to encompass every aspect of life in his mind, including the distribution of used video games which he thinks should be free for anyone who's not white. duh..

you literally rape children

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:24 pm 
$paCe

You probably were raped as a child by someone like me, hahaha

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:29 pm 
ChrisLui

quote:

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:30 pm 
$paCe

quoted for truth?

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:32 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:

another confession of being a child rapist quoted for posterity

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:35 pm 
$paCe

Sad poor guy, u got your wiener fondled by a white man at an early age, no doubt.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 4:42 pm 
Sypher

It is dumb as fuck and I hate it. However, I will probably end up buying just like everyone who currently owns a xbox 360.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 5:33 pm 
Sypher

quote:

so, you're a confessed rapist?

edit: Don't you have children? Maybe we should contact the authorities.

Post Fri May 24, 2013 5:34 pm