Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
ArchAngel

game of thrones cover

anyone watch the show??

rocked the theme here.. fun to learn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvMNIz1Jehs

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:47 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

hm. sounds like the show

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:13 am 
cansandham

the books were awesome, the show is a good watch, but they changed so much in season 3, compared to storm of swords

Post Mon May 13, 2013 9:37 pm 
ORKinman2

I actually just started watching it and completed all of seasons 1 & 2. I am up to date through episode 7 of season 3, but honestly it's starting to taper off considerably. Seasons 1 & 2 had a storyline that made sense and action leading up to different battles. This season is just garbage storylines that bounce around with no action whatsoever and I'm starting to lose interest.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:20 am 
Shotgun_

quote:
Originally posted by ORKinman2
I actually just started watching it and completed all of seasons 1 & 2. I am up to date through episode 7 of season 3, but honestly it's starting to taper off considerably. Seasons 1 & 2 had a storyline that made sense and action leading up to different battles. This season is just garbage storylines that bounce around with no action whatsoever and I'm starting to lose interest.

Couldnt agree more. Nothing's even really happened yet in the entire season, lol.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:30 am 
Ywfn

I wouldn't characterize my reaction to season three as "starting to lose interest", but I agree it feels like this season isn't as fun to watch.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:46 am 
Fast Luck

havent you had enough of seeing theon tortured?

quote:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:59 am 
ORKinman2

quote:

That's one storyline that is getting old. Another storyline that is starting to suck is them trying to turn Jamie Lannister into some nice guy, the same guy who throws kids out of windows. The marriage storylines for the other Lannisters is boring, recycled garbage. This entire season just seems to drag on and the crappy part is there's only a couple of episodes left before this season is over.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:01 am 
TheDRAX

More dragons!

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:

That's one storyline that is getting old. Another storyline that is starting to suck is them trying to turn Jamie Lannister into some nice guy, the same guy who throws kids out of windows.

hes not a "nice guy" hes just not a complete sociopath. thats how most "bad people" irl are

there arent any good guys on the show except maybe kids like bran or ayra stark? the starks are the most obvious "good guys" but rob has to make alliances with scumbags like the dudes who wanted to keep brienne as a gladiator/sex slave
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:15 am 
KingHillBilly

quote:
quote:

That's one storyline that is getting old. Another storyline that is starting to suck is them trying to turn Jamie Lannister into some nice guy, the same guy who throws kids out of windows. The marriage storylines for the other Lannisters is boring, recycled garbage. This entire season just seems to drag on and the crappy part is there's only a couple of episodes left before this season is over.

Read the books and quit whining like a little bitch, then you'd know why the action has been moderated.

If you read the books you would have picked up on the multiple hints and clues in each episode as to what it was building up to.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:17 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:

jaime owns. he had to push that kid out that window, it was for the good of the realm. and for love

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:20 am 
cansandham

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
quote:

Couldnt agree more. Nothing's even really happened yet in the entire season, lol.

The book they are doing now is split into 2 seasons, so your only getting half of the story. They don't really start getting into the story till next season, but the final esp will be good. As for theon getting tortured, this shouldnt even be in the story yet.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:39 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

cutting off theon's dick was pretty mean

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:32 am 
Aerasal

Arya has a dark side in the books that hasn't been shown yet in the show. she's killed like 3 or 4 people by close to this time in the books.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:47 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
Arya has a dark side in the books that hasn't been shown yet in the show. she's killed like 3 or 4 people by close to this time in the books.

she had several people killed by those mysterious assassin dudes last season didnt she, is that what you're talking about? or something else? i havent read the books lol. but most of those people she had killed unambiguously deserved it from what i remember. i could be wrong though, the plots on this show are so byzantine and with a year between seasons i forget details

Post Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

she had several people killed by those mysterious assassin dudes last season didnt she, is that what you're talking about? or something else? i havent read the books lol. but most of those people she had killed unambiguously deserved it from what i remember. i could be wrong though, the plots on this show are so byzantine and with a year between seasons i forget details

in addition to those killings. yeah she had a few people killed in the books too (different people but same idea) by the assassin guy Jaqen H'ghar and yeah they had it coming. but what was different in the books, for one, she killed an unsuspecting guard while escaping harrenhal while it was occupied by the north's army, not the lannisters and tywin lannister like in the show. she approached the guard as a kid, then threw a coin or something on the ground and slit his throat when he bent over.

also *moderate spoilers* her and the hound meet some of the people at the crossroads inn that were torturing people earlier in book two at harrenhal with questions about the brotherhood. she kills two people there. one was a boy with the group and another was the guy doing the torturing, polliver I think. she kept stabbing him over and over while asking him the questions he was asking people he tortured. it was a good scene, dunno why they killed him off earlier by Jaquen in the show. maybe for more instant gratification.

and *moderate spoilers* she kills a singer from the wall in book 5. he abandoned his mission and was a big dick, but it was still kinda cold blooded.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 3:13 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

ah i see...it kinda seems like they're building her up for that kinda character in the show anyway with her character arc this season

quote:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
ah i see...it kinda seems like they're building her up for that kinda character in the show anyway with her character arc this season

yeah they're definitely hinting at it, especially the part last episode when she was asked who her god was and she was all like ".......death..."

Post Tue May 14, 2013 4:04 pm 
TheDRAX

quote:
quote:

yeah they're definitely hinting at it, especially the part last episode when she was asked who her god was and she was all like ".......death..."

That just got me fucking excited. I knew she was a bad bitch

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:31 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
we saw her run some kid through with her little girl sword. we saw her have faceless d00d kill a bunch of people. and we see her obsessively repeating to herself the names of all these people she wants to vengeance kill. she even ran at the hound after he won his trial by combat. she is fucked up for sure. and the red woman juts like specifically said theres a darkness in her i believe. so i think it came through.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

melisandre is epic as hell

joffrey is the most epic character though, as well as the most win

quote:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:33 pm 
Fast Luck

Joffrey is such a fucking badass. Did you see when he was impressing that slutty bimbo with his bow he fucking blasted one right through that boar's eye? Last episode he was impressive as well, his dickhead grandpa was trying to step to him but not only was he not backing down, he totally owned him on the subject of dragons. "The last one's skull was the size of an apple." "Oh yeah, well the biggest one was the size of this hall!" Looks like Joffrey is a bit more far seeing and aware of the threat from the east than granddaddy. If that dude remains overconfident and keeps disrepsecting Joffrey he's going to end up with his head on a pike.

quote:

Post Tue May 14, 2013 5:43 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:
we saw her run some kid through with her little girl sword. we saw her have faceless d00d kill a bunch of people. and we see her obsessively repeating to herself the names of all these people she wants to vengeance kill. she even ran at the hound after he won his trial by combat. she is fucked up for sure. and the red woman juts like specifically said theres a darkness in her i believe. so i think it came through.

oh yeah I forgot about the kid she killed in book/season 1. the red woman comment just happened recently tho. she's still definitely more of a killer this far in the books vs the show.

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:46 pm 
Shotgun_

quote:
Originally posted by cansandham
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
quote:

The book they are doing now is split into 2 seasons, so your only getting half of the story. They don't really start getting into the story till next season , but the final esp will be good. As for theon getting tortured, this shouldnt even be in the story yet.

Oh...Sounds cool

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:57 pm 
Shotgun_

quote:
Joffrey is such a fucking badass. Did you see when he was impressing that slutty bimbo with his bow he fucking blasted one right through that boar's eye? Last episode he was impressive as well, his dickhead grandpa was trying to step to him but not only was he not backing down, he totally owned him on the subject of dragons. "The last one's skull was the size of an apple." "Oh yeah, well the biggest one was the size of this hall!" Looks like Joffrey is a bit more far seeing and aware of the threat from the east than granddaddy. If that dude remains overconfident and keeps disrepsecting Joffrey he's going to end up with his head on a pike.

This is sarcasm right?!

Post Tue May 14, 2013 11:01 pm 
Fast Luck

which part of that is wrong? is he or is he not a deadeye that put one through the boar's eye? and also through ros's head, tits, and crotch. is he or is he not more right about the dragons than grandpa? did he cower when grandpa stepped up to him and tried to intimidate him? i dont think so. he held his own. and he is a dangerous kid that would have no compunction about killing family. grandpa better tread lightly.

Post Wed May 15, 2013 8:22 am 
Ywfn

quote:
swords are beta as fuck

Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:08 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

they are pretty alpha in westeros but they are indeed beta as fuck in 21st century america

if you're a american adult male and you own a sword the chances are in excess of 99% that you also own at least three shirts with dragons and/or flames on them

quote:

Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:26 am 
Ywfn

What I really want to know is if it that's true the other way around: if I own at least three shirts with dragons or flames, is there a fairly good chance I also own a sword?

Post Wed May 15, 2013 11:29 am