Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Starcraft 2 - Global Play

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
GenOciDe-

Starcraft 2 - Global Play

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/starcraft-ii-global-play-faq

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:17 pm 
kublikhan

Finally. We were only asking for this since before SCII was released. Now that I stopped playing they release this feature :/

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:30 pm 
GenOciDe-

Now me and alf can play sc2 together Cool

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:57 pm 
Picka_materina

Yea, this finally on, eventho they're saying its not online for WOL, it is. Now all those that wanted to play me can i guess Smile US ladder is very easy

Post Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:31 am 
eS[MaGe]

It's a great feature that should of been released long ago. It's actually interesting to experience the latency delays to the Korean server first hand. It makes online tournaments seem a lot less skill based when latency can play such a huge factor.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am 
foonat

from the latest blizzard games (i.e., WoW expansion, D3, SC2) i've seen a common theme: they release the game with very obvious and terrible flaws, then take months (or in the case of sc2, years) to fix them. it's probably because they fired that poor bastard KHB and the entire QA department with him

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:01 am 
foonat

lol i checked out mmo-champion this morning and here's a prime example. basically people have been trading wins to get their rated battleground ratings really high on WoW. not only has blizzard not fixed the bug that allows one to wintrade (that has been going on for months), but when they tried to punish the wintraders, they fucked it all up:

Earlier this week, several player accounts were given short suspensions and had their ratings wiped for being involved in Rated Battleground win-trading. Upon further review, we determined that some of the players initially identified as cheating may not have purposefully participated in the exploitive behavior, and as a result, we're in the process of lifting suspensions and restoring ratings to all but the most egregious offenders. This process should be completed following the Tuesday maintenance.

As always, our goal is to identify cheaters while making sure people playing by the rules aren't inadvertently penalized. Rest assured that we'll continue to take action against players who aren't competing in the spirit of fair play.

Post Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:07 am