alot of poll options here
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 30

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
like fuck dude you never need a courier for tp's because you can get tp's at the side shop. i dont even care if you like lol better, i was able to have a discussion with ash despite disagreeing, you just keep claiming you know all this shit when you know absolutely nothing about the game

i play mid and i know enough about it to whoop your ass

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:24 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

rofl

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:57 pm 
Aerasal

hey look, turtleman with another really stupid argument where he has no idea what he's talking about.

LoL doesn't cut the fat you idiot. it makes things simpler. the mechanics of dota unquestionably add strategy and decisions, something some players like and others don't. there's nothing inherently or objectively better about either game, it's simply player preference. the fact that you consider one game superior because you prefer it just shows us you're an idiot.

Post Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:21 am 
aesop rocks

that invoker though. addicting as fuck.

http://dotabuff.com/players/131262183

Post Thu May 15, 2014 8:44 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SoCxEcLiPzE

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
hey look, turtleman with another really stupid argument where he has no idea what he's talking about.

LoL doesn't cut the fat you idiot. it makes things simpler. the mechanics of dota unquestionably add strategy and decisions, something some players like and others don't. there's nothing inherently or objectively better about either game, it's simply player preference. the fact that you consider one game superior because you prefer it just shows us you're an idiot.

This is kind of true. The fact that you can't deny in LoL is a huge trimming of skill though. I'd say it definitively makes the game "less skill intensive". Not better, not worse, but a bit more casual. There are other things to consider... less or more skill shots.... but in the end it all comes down to preference, like you said.

Post Mon May 19, 2014 3:34 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
aesop rocks

im surprised we didnt get a group of players playing together

Post Mon May 26, 2014 1:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
~Dakine..HeX

we did sort of, no one was any good besides KHB, Scrubbo, Me and Foonat when he was committed to the game every night.

me, scrubbo, foonat played a ton of heroes of newerth together, in dota2 scrubbo wasnt part of it as much, probably a large part of that is his military service. Me and Foonat used to play once in a while

the reason why we never had a real legit group of war2 players is that some of you guys were not fun to play with. Certain players amongst us want to pick _THE SAME HERO EVERY TIME_ or play solo mid every time or play carry every time, and the other players don't want to play ward bitch every game. Then there was just the difference in skill level, some players were happy to play different roles but were just too new to play with a party in a game with group MMR.

we couldve been good, we couldve been real good. I'm good at all the roles and drafting, Foonat is good when he plays regularly and Scrubbo is a straight up talent. I've heard through the grapevine that KHB is good at luna (but in my experience this has not been the case).

i havent played dota in some months because my computer started overheating and dropping me to like 5fps. Which was great in helping me get wrecked in Dota, but not much use in helping me win. When I build a new computer I'll hop back into dota im sure. It is by far the best video game human beings have ever created.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 3:18 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
we couldve been good, we couldve been real good. I'm good at all the roles and drafting, Foonat is good when he plays regularly and Scrubbo is a straight up talent. I've heard through the grapevine that KHB is good at luna (but in my experience this has not been the case).

brutal
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 3:32 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

and ghostnuke was there, as far as I recall.

tbh i dont think we ever played dota2 together. maybe a few games, i know youre on my steam list at least.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 3:52 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

"brutal" was re: the khb comment lol

we played a cpl awhile ago and i was bad, but i havent played in months

quote:

Post Wed May 28, 2014 5:05 pm 
TheSituation

dakine what's your mmr man? i think anyone that is above average stays away from reddit neckbeardleagues and that seems to be your stomping grounds.

war2 had some pretty decent players in dota 1. when tda was pretty much the only public league before all the other junk. games were lop sided. i think infiniti and scrubbo were the only two that caught people's eyes in inhouse leagues.

the only reason i would play CD, CM, in a league is to stay away from south american trash. not a lot of us are in a point in our lives where we care about being try hard as fuck.

Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:04 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

last i played was ~5300 months ago, which i think is pretty high, or was, i dunno what MMRs look like now

reddit neckbeard leagues >>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5000+ mmr pub games

and lol its not even close. pub games arent really organized at all, regardless of your level. Organized dota is sort of less about skill (everyone over like 4000 mmr is a skilled enough, realistically), and more about having a plan and working together. Many league matches are won or lost due to scouting and replay analysis of your opponent.

everyone can last hit, everyone know what items to buy....these things are just taken for granted

Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

does dota have visible mmr now?

edit: oh there's a ranked queue now cool

quote:

Post Wed May 28, 2014 6:17 pm 
KingHillBilly

quote:
last i played was ~5300 months ago, which i think is pretty high, or was, i dunno what MMRs look like now

everyone can last hit, everyone know what items to buy....these things are just taken for granted

Considering the top 200 is published and that 5300+ is generally in the top 200, and that I have played with you enough to know your skill level, your mmr is either completely wrong or you're totally full of shit.

http://www.dota2.com/leaderboards#americas

Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:46 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
TheDRAX

quote:
Originally posted by KingHillBilly
quote:

Considering the top 200 is published and that 5300+ is generally in the top 200, and that I have played with you enough to know your skill level, your mmr is either completely wrong or you're totally full of shit.

http://www.dota2.com/leaderboards#americas

Ah SNAP!

Post Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:59 pm 
aesop rocks

I remember playing with Khb...decent player but he goes through spans of choosing one hero (always, ALWAYS a carry) about 30 games in a row,

Dakine, you played a few with me andquit after playing with my lesser skilled friends. That was when I was still new to dota for the most part.

Played with Kith Kanin about 30 games before he went perma afk.

Is anyone still playing? I play mid (invoker, bat, puck) or 4/5 role 9shadow demon, rubick, veno, disruptor) Carrying is boring and sucks.

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:23 am 
aesop rocks

http://dotabuff.com/players/131262183

me.

when i que solo i get about 2/5 games in high skill and maybe 1/3 in very high

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:24 am 
foonat

what's your mmr

quote:
Originally posted by smurf_king

i rather be a pedophile than a homo

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:55 am 
KingHillBilly

Probably between 3500-3900 if he is mainly high

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:25 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
KingHillBilly

I still play every day at least 1-2.

Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:28 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

TI4 main event games to be broadcast on ESPN3 streaming.

ESPN2 will have a pre-game show before the finals.

motherfucking ESPN, we fucking made it!

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:37 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
TI4 main event games to be broadcast on ESPN3 streaming.

ESPN2 will have a pre-game show before the finals.

motherfucking ESPN, we fucking made it!

10yrs of playing not in vain!!!!! some1's gotta pave the way mental teamwork in the new age of technology - shows both mind and body are important~ Mr. Green

Post Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:21 pm 
smurf_king

Post Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:23 am