FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Zerg OP
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

Zerg OP

I started to play sc2 again 2 days ago. Got placed in gold, got moved to platinum in a day. What I have found? Zergs are stupid over powered. It isn't even fun.

Blizzard has created a game where one race has complete map control. Almost perfect map vision and the ability to mass units in seconds. It is just dumb. Not to mention scouting a zerg is next to impossible. They see the whole fucking map and have units that can snap off anything you send. Yeah, you can send an observer but they get snapped off so quickly as well.

I have to sit there in a corner and weather every fucking zerg attack that comes at me till I can get a ball big enough to maybe win. Just getting a 3rd is fucking ridiculous.

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:52 pm 
$paCe

If you have an issue, I'm sure one of us can find you a tissue.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:00 am 
7VlesSiah

Isn't there a war2 custom forum you can hang out on? **Snap**

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:04 am 
turtleman@can

Yeah I agree that the matchup is stupid , I can't play pvz at all. I haven't played in a while just because I feel like the game's gotten stale. The meta-game's pretty much where it's going to remain until hots and I just don't find the dynamics of the races interesting. Like you say, zerg are all over the place and toss are just almost 100% reliant on surprise. There's never any 'best man wins' situations in SC2 - it feels more like who can fuck the other person over first. I think zvz is about as close to a good matchup as there is since it's very fast paced/skilled throughout and you're on a level playing field. I've had like 5 zvp/pvz satisfying games out of about a thousand where I felt like there was some semblance of balance/back and forth and the best man won.

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 pm 
7VlesSiah

Well your Zerg side of it must be frustrating as well. You dominate every aspect of a game due to your race design and then maybe lose when the turtling protoss does his one attack.

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah playing vs protoss is very frustrating. Like you say, the game makes you feel like you're dominating them the entire time and then all of a sudden they just run you over. Kinda the same feeling against terran - the way the races play, you can rarely appreciate why you lost. It almost begs you to think "fuck that race is imbalanced" every time.

Last edited by turtleman@can on Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:31 am 
Shynko

Every race has its strong points at certain parts of the game. As far as my opinion goes - fuck Terran. So imba. Smile

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:37 am 
SoCxYamon

there's an easy way to completely annihilate any zerg strategy. check out my thread.

Once you start using this strategy, you'll be cruising around bustin up all those rudelords.

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm 
loneknight

Re: Zerg OP

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I started to play sc2 again 2 days ago. Got placed in gold, got moved to platinum in a day. What I have found? Zergs are stupid over powered. It isn't even fun.

Blizzard has created a game where one race has complete map control. Almost perfect map vision and the ability to mass units in seconds. It is just dumb. Not to mention scouting a zerg is next to impossible. They see the whole fucking map and have units that can snap off anything you send. Yeah, you can send an observer but they get snapped off so quickly as well.

I have to sit there in a corner and weather every fucking zerg attack that comes at me till I can get a ball big enough to maybe win. Just getting a 3rd is fucking ridiculous.

haha when i started playing sc2 i got placed in dia and got into masters in a week^^. after some months break i started to play it again, i switched to terran and in one week only i'm raping low grandmasters. and yamon's strategy is correct it works for me at least, try it Wink

Post Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:35 pm 
7VlesSiah

Diamond #1 after 3 days of playing. Fucking horrible game.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 10:48 am 
Shynko

There are many different groups of masters,diamond,platinum,gold,silver, and bronze. Being #1 does not mean youre the best of all the Diamond players, just that particular league (in points). Also, Diamond is terrible. The game is fun, youll see a lot better players, more refined strategies when you start playing Master/Grandmaster opponents.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:44 pm 
kublikhan

Agreed. The way they breakup the leagues into sub groups is nothing but an ego stroke for newbs. You can't even see your own losses until you get into masters. Any halfway decent RTS players should be able to get into diamond with just a little effort.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:20 pm 
Aerasal

and here i thought 7VlesSiah was just amazing

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:35 pm 
turtleman@can

The way they break the leagues up never really bothered me because I've always been in master league and when I get put in diamond and can't see my record, it's nice when I break into master league again to see my record.. So I'm never really in the dark for very long.

I think it was implemented to alleviate 'ladder fear' - a lot of people are afraid to play ranked matches because they don't want a losing record. There's a surprising number of people that care way more than they should about their records. And there are third party programs that'll track your record for you in greater detail than the ladder does anyway.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:41 pm 
7VlesSiah

It's and indicator of progression. I do not like this game. I just get addicted to the league changes and play for a day to achieve it. Zerg vs Toss is just a dumb match up. You have no vision and no map control and zerg can create the perfect army to defeat your composition at any time they pick.

Post Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:31 pm 
$paCe

every race has gone through their op stage. Zerg are finally getting their turn is all. Everything will eventually balance out, just don't understand why it's taking so long. Just a side note, war2 players should be the most tolerant in regards to race balance lol.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:38 am 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
every race has gone through their op stage. Zerg are finally getting their turn is all. Everything will eventually balance out, just don't understand why it's taking so long. Just a side note, war2 players should be the most tolerant in regards to race balance lol.

war2 is balanced quiet newbie

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:55 pm 
$paCe

balance my nuts on your chin homey

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:27 pm 
eS[MaGe]

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
Agreed. The way they breakup the leagues into sub groups is nothing but an ego stroke for newbs. You can't even see your own losses until you get into masters. Any halfway decent RTS players should be able to get into diamond with just a little effort.

This.

Each league has multiple sub groups that are rated in different tiers. It's definitely only to give players a sense of accomplishment I guess. A massive league like diamond has many tiers so being #1 in a tier 3 division isn't even as impressive as being top 25 in a higher tier division. Any one who has played an RTS game should be able to accomplish diamond in at least a season.

Post Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 pm 
$paCe

Mage, isn't it awesome how sc2 players don't pause the game and ask for ss? It's like taking candy from a baby huh

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:54 am 
Sparkz102

quote:
balance my nuts on your chin homey

i'm sure you'd like that -

but hey, listen - mage and i would also scrub you in sc2 as well as war2 - give mage a break, he's legit at sc2

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I do not like this game. I just get addicted to the league changes and play for a day to achieve it.

hahahahaha lmao thats so pathetic
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:24 pm 
eS[MaGe]

quote:
Mage, isn't it awesome how sc2 players don't pause the game and ask for ss? It's like taking candy from a baby huh

More like sailing a battleship in between your two front teeth.

Jokes aside I stream a lot of my games and I also offer coaching at a reasonable rate. Perhaps I could teach you a lesson one day after you finish saving up to get your mouth fixed? Wink

Post Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:25 pm 
Rat

havent played this in months but I never figured how to beat a big P army mixed with Colossus and void raids. gg...

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:37 am 
kublikhan

Well I don't play zerg but infestors should rape that army. Just fungal the crap out of it, preferably on creep.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 pm 
turtleman@can

I never found that infestors were very effective against protoss in general unless you've got broodlords out or they're going heavy blink stalkers. It takes like 50 fungals to take down a collosus/void ray and infested terrans are a complete waste of energy if there's even one collosus out.

If I'm facing collosus/ Void Rays - I probably just spam a ton of corruptors and roaches and do everything I can to take them all out, then reinforce to deal with the gateway units with ling/roach/hydras.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:17 pm 
Fast Luck

just play war2 and go o v. o, it's way more fun in every way, y'all know it's truwe

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:19 pm 
$paCe

zerg vs protoss is way easy. All you have to do is neural parasite a probe and build your own protoss army.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:44 pm 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I never found that infestors were very effective against protoss in general unless you've got broodlords out or they're going heavy blink stalkers. It takes like 50 fungals to take down a collosus/void ray and infested terrans are a complete waste of energy if there's even one collosus out.

If I'm facing collosus/ Void Rays - I probably just spam a ton of corruptors and roaches and do everything I can to take them all out, then reinforce to deal with the gateway units with ling/roach/hydras.

because the game should definitely last this long when you're playing zerg.

Post Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

Wow. Winfestor useless? Once zergs started using them, it completely changed the meta. You can hold almost any push with winfestor and ling nowadays. It's the best caster currently.
quote:
Originally posted by Shynko

Being #1 does not mean youre the best of all the Diamond players, just that particular league (in points). Also, Diamond is terrible.

Seems like only yesterday it was me saying this same words to you when you guys were all happy about a 3v3 nr1 rank, which is worse then diamond nr1 rank.

Post Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:25 pm