FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

GSL Finals. go watch it.

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
DrunkeN

GSL Finals. go watch it.

If you want to kill 3 hours watching sc2. Go watch the GSL Season 2 Finals it was fucking epic like crazy epic. If you don't want to watch all the games, at least watch game 5.

If you have an iphone or ipad you can download the GSL app and it gives you one FREE ticket to use on any set of games. AKA use that free ticket on the finals if you don't have the season ticket.

Post Sat May 19, 2012 10:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Bobbo

Agreed. Totally awesome series. <3 GSL

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:39 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
GenOciDe-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyARGeixjD8&feature=related

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:43 pm 
DrunkeN

You can watch the Finals for free at www.gomtv.net now.

Post Tue May 22, 2012 2:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
kublikhan

I liked games 5 & 6. I just wish half the games did not end under 10 minutes.

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:43 pm 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN

this doesn't have all the games

Post Tue May 22, 2012 3:50 pm 
kublikhan

You can find it on torrent sites. For example, go to demonoid and enter "gsl" in the search box. It's one of the top results.

Post Tue May 22, 2012 4:09 pm 
DrunkeN

quote:
Originally posted by $paCe
quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN

this doesn't have all the games

oh just assumed since it said Free on the Frontpage. Guess they lied. Maybe you need an account if you don't already have one?

Post Tue May 22, 2012 4:26 pm 
turtleman@can

I hope all the leagues don't start implementing pay passes now especially with the bw leagues switching over in korea.. It wasn't that bad when it was just the GSL - in a way I could justify spending money on that because I enjoy artosis and he's generally exclusive to that league, that and it was widely considered the very best in the world for competition. Now MLG is charging money to watch these 'arena' events like they're pay-per-views. I'm fine with them charging for High Def but why remove the free viewer. I feel like doing that is just hurting their product in the long term. They're trying to grow an audience but instead of that now they're just milking their existing viewers and closing the door on the casual crowd who are never in a million years going to spend money on it.

Post Tue May 22, 2012 8:51 pm 
7VlesSiah

I lost interest in GSL because they screwed with me too many times. Gom is a scummy company. They hide their product, change it after you pay, and Orwellian the shit out of things.

Even stuff like Naniwa probe rushing. They decided to punish him by calling their Partner's (MLG) liars. "That prize Naniwa won that MLG advertised? It never existed."

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:11 am 
turtleman@can

yeah.. that and it took them like a year to get HD quality - you were paying money to watch games in like 320x resolution

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:42 am 
7VlesSiah

I think from day 1 I should have known better. They advertised a full season for some rip off price. Like 15 days later they still didn't inform their users a Season was one month. I don't think anyone would have paid 30 bucks or whatever they charged, for 30 days if it was made clear.

Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:45 am 
DrunkeN

Year pass FTW. Although it doesnt include GSTL it's still hours of entertainment for not much cash. Their HD still could be way better but the high level games make up for it.

Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:09 am 
7VlesSiah

When I saw the year pass I knew right away it was a bad deal. I knew Gom would change something. A week or so later they had changed what people bought. I cannot buy things from a company I cannot trust.

Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:43 am 
Bobbo

Just share an account with your nerdy friends. Then GOM isn't too expensive.

Post Thu May 24, 2012 1:17 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
kublikhan

Anyone catch the Polt vs Ryung match in Up & Down Day 3? If not, go watch it.

Post Fri May 25, 2012 1:14 am 
BanMe

I just finished watching the latest proleague finals of SC1 and good god, SC1 is just so, so, so infinitely better than SC2. SKT vs KT rollster, that was insane. High level, good SC1 games are 1000x more epic than anything SC2 will ever offer. If sc2 fanboi's could watch what happens in these games but in the SC2 engine casted by Artosis and Tsateless - they would die in nerd spasms.

Blizzard has officially shit the bed with each of their franchise's now. If I could play BW with SC2 matchmaking and playerbase - it would be far superior to the game-design blunder of SC2. I have never been more dissapointed in SC2 than watching a series of SC1 after having not paid much attention to either, aside from watching some GSL finals recently, for years. It's like what they did to war3 after war2, but exponentially so - as BW had exponential depth over war2.

But yeah watching these SC1 games was quality entertainment, and felt a bit re-invigorating game-culture wise.

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:57 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
I just finished watching the latest proleague finals of SC1 and good god, SC1 is just so, so, so infinitely better than SC2.

you are such an pseudoelitist faggot. im glad i have a winning record vs you in war2 (1-0) same as KHB (1-0).

both are gay as shit. only a matter of time before you are unemployed with your lifemate huh?

Post Wed May 30, 2012 7:17 am 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX

you are such an pseudoelitist faggot. im glad i have a winning record vs you in war2 (1-0) same as KHB (1-0).

both are gay as shit. only a matter of time before you are unemployed with your lifemate huh?

Well I was hoping to have a discussion about SC1 vs SC2 as a spectator sport, but I guess there was a good chance I'd instead get something like this.

Post Wed May 30, 2012 2:48 pm 
turtleman@can

I agree sc1 was a better spectator sport. I didn't really get into it until the end (about a year before sc2 came out) , but it definitely had a lot more room for amazement. Watching boxer replays was ridiculous. There was also a lot more room between skill levels. I feel like the skill difference between the average diamond and Grand master player is marginal.

I think that SC2 has potential to grow though. I think as long as they keep the maps large and keep adding units that favor map control over giant armies, it'll flesh out the skill requirements.

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:07 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

I think that SC2 has potential to grow though. I think as long as they keep the maps large and keep adding units that favor map control over giant armies, it'll flesh out the skill requirements.

Frozen throne was a pretty significant improvement to war3 - not sure how amazed I am by the revealed expansion units. I think the core mechanic they fucked themselves on is unit pathing and collision, it's just too good and forces the "army ball". Even if you had more playmaker units with good AOE, it would just be frustrating to play against because it would be such a hastle to fight against the pathing. But it would help.

Post Wed May 30, 2012 4:57 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
quote:

Frozen throne was a pretty significant improvement to war3 - not sure how amazed I am by the revealed expansion units. I think the core mechanic they fucked themselves on is unit pathing and collision, it's just too good and forces the "army ball". Even if you had more playmaker units with good AOE, it would just be frustrating to play against because it would be such a hastle to fight against the pathing. But it would help.

Yeah, We'll see.. The good thing about the new units is that they are more map control type units so I think blizz realizes this is a problem. By the way they just announced the hots beta is going to coming out at the end of next month (june)

Post Wed May 30, 2012 7:14 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, We'll see.. The good thing about the new units is that they are more map control type units so I think blizz realizes this is a problem. By the way they just announced the hots beta is going to coming out at the end of next month (june)
Link? cant find any info on TL

Post Thu May 31, 2012 1:42 am 
turtleman@can

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=332877

actually I misread it - I guess it's not official yet.. but it's very likely

Post Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 am