This is officially the first and last time I'll watch your stream
lold

Post Sat May 05, 2012 3:44 pm 
turtleman@can

lawl
ok I'll put some uptempo music on , i forgot i was streaming

Post Sat May 05, 2012 4:03 pm 
$paCe

hey turtleman make a damn spine crawler in your main dude lol, you keep getting harassed there in the same way..

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:11 pm 
$paCe

the last game u just played, you can't just focus on your attack that long and have nothing going at your base. You were way ahead until u fucked that up.

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:21 pm 
turtleman@can

you must be talking about that toss guy that kept trying to cheese me.. Ya I shoulda threw down a spine but I kept figuring he was gonna stop harassing me since he had absolutely nothing else to defend himself with

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:21 pm 
$paCe

yeah he was horrible lol. 1 spine coulda made it so you didn't lose a single drone

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:23 pm 
$paCe

and the last game where it was zerg vs zerg, you should pay attention to your mini map. He was streaming in so much, you shoulda known it was an all in and threw down a second spine and had them lined up behind your 2 queens at the ramp. that woulda owned. now sure why u didn't have banelings or roaches, seems like u woulda gone one way or the other.

Post Sat May 05, 2012 5:25 pm 
turtleman@can

yeah i got supply blocked I think when he countered in that game.
oh well gonna quit now , starting to play bad.

Post Sat May 05, 2012 6:43 pm 
turtleman@can

streaming again

Post Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 am 
foonat

i've recently started playing again and i'm god awful. what hotkey do i use to select things i've set to hotkeys with ctrl?

Post Tue May 08, 2012 6:57 pm 
GreenHorn

cnt 1 thru 0 lol

doubleclick 11 22 etc's

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:30 pm 
foonat

no like i press ctrl 1 to hotkey the thing, but then i dunno how to access it - pressing 1 does nothing and pressing ctrl 1 again sets whatever i have selected to 1

Post Tue May 08, 2012 7:38 pm 
$paCe

ctrl 1, then you press 1 to access the group, 1 twice to center on the selected group for that number.

Post Tue May 08, 2012 8:35 pm 
foonat

yeah i'm doing something fucked, i ctrl 1 my command center then press 1 while i have an scv selected (hoping to select the command center) but it doesn't select it :O

Post Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 pm 
turtleman@can

check ur game settings, by default it should work but idk

hit ctrl-1 to hotkey unit while it's selected, shift-1 to add it to an existing ctrl group
then 1 selects them, 1-1 (double tap) centers to it on screen

most ppl use 1-3 for their armies

Post Wed May 09, 2012 12:56 am 
DrunkeN

1a2a3a but if you play Toss it's just 1a.

Post Wed May 09, 2012 7:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
foonat

any toss streams you guys can recommend?

Post Wed May 09, 2012 10:54 am 
foonat

btw i figured out what was going on, my brother played the sc2 dota so he hotkeyed items to 1-6 and that's why i couldn't access my control groups Very Happy fixed now

Post Wed May 09, 2012 10:55 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
any toss streams you guys can recommend?

Obviously MC when he's streaming Razz

Whitera streams again, but he's gotten worse. Still i think you can pick up on things easy when he plays, since i for one like his style and can relate. Grubby streams a lot, but i don't watch him a lot for build orders and such as for entertainment, since he mostly does things i can't cause his mechanics are awesome. Mana is good to watch, hwangsin also ok. That's it mostly what i watch from tos.

You play brotos?

Post Thu May 10, 2012 6:13 am 
foonat

i've been screwing around with diff races, zerg looks like too much work but i'd play terran or toss, trying to decide what i want to stick with. thanks for the recommendations!

Post Thu May 10, 2012 10:33 am 
eS[MaGe]

I would recommend watching some NA players since I assume that will be the region you are playing on. NA players are of course a little bit worse but it will be easier to learn from them and try to replicate what they do instead of the Koreans. Can't tell how many times when I first started I would try to copy MKP's strats and had absolutely no success because of how many corners he cuts with such few units to defend. He has the micro mechanics of a golden god needless to say.. If you're interested in protoss then try checking out KiWiKaKi, Liquid`Tyler, coL.Minigun, EG.INcontrol, iS.Axslav, Gatored, Ddoro, VileState. Watching those guys you will also see the current meta trends in NA as opposed to Korea or Europe. However do still check out the koreans by all means to see what your race is capable of. Protoss in the hands of Parting, Creator, MC, Oz, Huk, HerO, or Squirtle can be truly awesome to watch.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 6:27 pm 
Picka_materina

Out of those, watched minigun. He's good. Don't like tyler/incholesterol or axslav. Other's haven't watched.

Koreans in general rarely stream from what i've seen.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:18 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by eS[MaGe]
I would recommend watching some NA players since I assume that will be the region you are playing on. NA players are of course a little bit worse but it will be easier to learn from them and try to replicate what they do instead of the Koreans. Can't tell how many times when I first started I would try to copy MKP's strats and had absolutely no success because of how many corners he cuts with such few units to defend. He has the micro mechanics of a golden god needless to say.. If you're interested in protoss then try checking out KiWiKaKi, Liquid`Tyler, coL.Minigun, EG.INcontrol, iS.Axslav, Gatored, Ddoro, VileState. Watching those guys you will also see the current meta trends in NA as opposed to Korea or Europe. However do still check out the koreans by all means to see what your race is capable of. Protoss in the hands of Parting, Creator, MC, Oz, Huk, HerO, or Squirtle can be truly awesome to watch.
yo the fuck have u been up to, havent seen you in years. do u play on NA?

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:22 pm 
turtleman@can

I usually just go to teamliquid, click on starcraft 2 and see who's featured, they're usually pretty good. I find incontrol is usually streaming on there as a regular toss player, he's not that good relative to other pro gamers but you'll learn what works/doesn't work by watching him play.

Post Fri May 11, 2012 7:32 pm 
eS[MaGe]

quote:
quote:

Hey man, not much! Has been a while since I've visited. Just playing a little bit of SC2 and loving my life. My beautiful daughter was born almost a week ago! She completely rocked my world in such a positive way.. I'm also getting married later this year, never thought I would be excited about that but I am, heh!

To answer your question though, yes! I play on the NA server. I've played SotiS with your brother before I believe so you should be on my friends list. I'll give you a shout whenever I see you on!

Post Fri May 11, 2012 11:24 pm 
eS[MaGe]

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
Out of those, watched minigun. He's good. Don't like tyler/incholesterol or axslav. Other's haven't watched.

Koreans in general rarely stream from what i've seen.

Hehe I've actually played Minigun and INcontrol in ladder. You'd be surprised INcontrol isn't actually as bad as he appears, just most people he plays against are that good! But yea you're right they aren't that good compared to most pros.. The reason I named them is it's easier to perform their plays styles and strategies, because no one is going to be dropping FF's like MC Wink

Post Fri May 11, 2012 11:36 pm 
foonat

quote:
quote:
quote:

Hey man, not much! Has been a while since I've visited. Just playing a little bit of SC2 and loving my life. My beautiful daughter was born almost a week ago! She completely rocked my world in such a positive way.. I'm also getting married later this year, never thought I would be excited about that but I am, heh!

To answer your question though, yes! I play on the NA server. I've played SotiS with your brother before I believe so you should be on my friends list. I'll give you a shout whenever I see you on!
lol @ you playing with my bro. he's so terrible at comp games Smile

Post Sat May 12, 2012 10:20 am 
Picka_materina

quote:
Hehe I've actually played Minigun and INcontrol in ladder. You'd be surprised INcontrol isn't actually as bad as he appears, just most people he plays against are that good! But yea you're right they aren't that good compared to most pros.. The reason I named them is it's easier to perform their plays styles and strategies, because no one is going to be dropping FF's like MC Wink

Well your mmr is quite high if you got GM's on ladder.
Yea i have nothing against incontrol, he's just funny. But i don't think he's GM level really, eventho he always gets it. I think it's mostly based on old fame, since i've noticed people that have been in GM from season 1 get in GM way easier (a GM friend has 2 accounts on one gets into GM in 30ish games whenever he starts playing since that was a GM account from easons 1, on other he just started playing now, and has well over 500games and is not GM Smile ).

Post Sun May 13, 2012 8:12 am