FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 1.4.3

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kublikhan

Patch 1.4.3

MULEs now harvest the same amount of minerals on both high yield minerals and normal minerals.
Snipe damage changed from 45 to 25 +25 Psionic
Phoenix now has a range upgrade at the Fleet Beacon

Situation Report: Patch 1.4.3

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:51 pm 
GenOciDe-

"In the past, we’ve discussed whether protoss needed a more immediate change to give them additional ways of dealing with mutalisks in PvZ, or whether it was more appropriate to make changes to that matchup in Heart of the Swarm. After investigating, testing, and reviewing both community and pro feedback, we’ve decided to include a change in this patch.
The phoenix will now have 6 attack range after purchasing an upgrade, which should allow them to more easily deal with a large number of mutalisks. In the previous patch, when protoss players attempted to move their armies out across the map, their bases became extremely vulnerable. Existing options to cope with massed mutalisks were costly and not always effective. This range upgrade should help even the odds by giving protoss players the option to reactively build phoenixes in smaller numbers, and with some micro, allow them to more efficiently defend against mutalisk swarms. Upgraded phoenixes should also offer protoss players the potential for better map control in the PvZ match up.
Still, we also wanted to make sure that producing mutalisks in PvZ remains a viable strategy, and believe that it is. While it might not be a good idea to brute force a protoss opponent with a ton of mutalisks, pairing them with units such as infestors and/or corruptors will help counter the advantage the new range upgrade provides."

I can see more protoss doing air builds now Protoss vs Zerg now which could be interesting

Post Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:43 pm 
Picka_materina

I almost exclusively always do some form of air against zerg. It's too easy to spam roaches and max out at 12 minutes if left unchecked, a stargate always makes them vary for void rays, and it's easier to counter mutas this way. At least thats how i feel.

On the changes, all ok, however, pheonix might be a little too strong now against zerg with the 3 vs 6 upgrade. We'll see. I can't say i dont like it, but i think its going to be a big edge for tos.

Still waiting banshee nerf.

Post Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:14 am