FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

new HotS Units revealed

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

new HotS Units revealed

Mass recall on Nexus in HOTS!!!!! Nexus mass recall for 75 energy.

Thors are 600 minerals now and require a fusion core. Theyve got the aoe ability from single player.You can only have 1 thor at a time now,.a la mothership

Burrow charge ability for Ultralisk.

Corrupters now have a channeled ability against building that gives one mineral a second and does 1dps.

Burrowed banelings can MOVE. Possibly an upgrade!

Carriers Are Gone!

Oracle can warp buildings away to stop attacks on your own structures, or stop research for enemy structures

Oracle can see research or production of enemy structures

Warhound is good at killing siege tanks, but has a short range

Replicant can transform into non massive units

Recalled units are unable to move for a few seconds

Warhound is good at killing siege tanks, but has a short range

Thor attack and health increased

Instead of air attack, Thor gets a massive bombardment skill

Bombardment requires a skill similar to siege mode, this requires a fusioncore and an armory

Battle Hellion has higher health and shorter range

Ghost cloak changed and now spends a specific amount of energy, lasting for a certain period of time

Ghost cloak is no longer an on/off skill

Battlecruiser gets a cooldown skill called "limit reactor"(?) that boosts movement speed

Reaper loses d8 charge attack

Reaper gains a HP recovery skill

Viper inserts parasite into friendly units to make them detectors

No more Overseer.

Hydra speed increased.

New infestation pit unit like a lurker, but spawns two high-dps units every 15 seconds or so while burrowed.

Viper will permanently grant detection for energy. Lair tech. Grant detection is the cheapest spell.

Swarm lord spits out broodling-looking things that have 16 attack damage and .87 attack speed.

Mothership Gone to!

Copy/pasted from team liquid post and reddit images

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 pm 
turtleman@can

I gotta say I am really impressed with these changes. They're really diversifying a lot of units, getting rid of the shitty ones and basically shaking the game up hard - it's going to be a completely new game with all of these changes , I can't wait to try it out.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:45 pm 
turtleman@can

Man.. burrow-charging ultralisks, that's going to be fucking OP
75 energy nexus recalls?

Thors are going to be "OH SHIT HE HAS A THOR" late game units now instead of "OH SHIT HE HAS 6 THORS AND 40 SCVS REPAIRING THEM"
Warhounds look like they're going to be the only real air counter for terrans against mutalisks, and I think in general with all the new burrow abilities for zerg, terrans are going to be using all of their energy on scans so mules will be more of an early game use rather than a "mine 10x you 10 minutes into the game" function.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:01 pm 
Picka_materina

Don't think all those are real, since some sound stupid Smile But big changes coming, nice.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 pm 
kublikhan

I'm going to have to go online tonight and rape some zergs with mass thors before they are gone!!

Seriously though, these changes look like they will be interesting to say the least.

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm 
kublikhan

Polls - What the community thinks of each new unit

Seems the Zergs and Terrans are happy with the proposed changes. Protoss are not.

Terran:
Poll: Do you like the Terran Battle Hellion
Yes (412) 67%
No (202) 33%

Poll: Do you like the Terran Shredder?
Yes (395) 66%
No (205) 34%

Poll: Do you like the Terran Warhound?
No (299) 52%
Yes (280) 48%

Poll: Do you think these T units fill the problems of the race as a whole?
Yes (360) 73%
No (133) 27%

Zerg:
Poll: Do you like the Zerg Viper?
Yes (479) 84%
No (93) 16%

Poll: Do you like the Zerg Swarm Host?
Yes (368) 66%
No (187) 34%

Poll: Do you think these Z units fill the problems of the race as a whole?
Yes (399) 81%
No (96) 19%

Protoss:
Poll: Do you like the Protoss Replicant?
No (410) 72%
Yes (160) 28%

Poll: Do you like the Protoss Oracle?
No (373) 68%
Yes (178) 32%

Poll: Do you like the Protoss Tempest?
Yes (338) 61%
No (214) 39%

Poll: Do you think these P units fill the problems of the race as a whole?
No (426) 78%
Yes (119) 22%

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:31 pm 
Picka_materina

Well, i agree. What units have been removed from other races? Seems we lost carier and mothership, replaced with some stupid versions of carier+mothership against light air units as if protos ever had problem against that. The replicant will cost a fortune again. Only "cool" thing is that harras unit, but i wonder how much enegry all that is going to cost.

All protos units are flying ones, which turns the race into an all air race.
Shredder is totally overpowered lol. Put it near your base, set few marines in, wait till enemy comes, stim marines and run out, watch fireworks. That thing killed 20 roaches in few seconds. Also, all teran units are again aoe. Zerg got burrowed banelings, we got nexus that can turn in a photon canon lol. Tos got fucked again.

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:09 pm 
turtleman@can

overseers were removed

I don't see how toss are not getting exactly what they've been asking for all along? And where did you read that the replicant costs a fortune? Or are you just talking out of your ass?

I haven't actually read anywhere on specific #s for units but it wouldn't matter if I did because the game hasn't even begun beta testing yet so they'd all be subject to change.

After watching some videos though , my only real complaint right now is that the shredder seems kind of OP - and I don't like how it and the swarm host are automated. They seem like they belong in a game of tower-defense, not an RTS game.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:00 am 
Picka_materina

I don't talk out of my ass ever.

Check the full video, he tells you how much a replicant costs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doyQbGqWN3g&feature=player_detailpage#t=200s

And overseer got removed by a unit that has even better detect abilities (he casts detection on any unit), while mothership and carier got cut, both of which are very good units that just needed some tweaking to make them more viable in pro matches, not remove completely.

As you can see from the poll, overwhelming majority of tos players does not like what they see because it's useless crap that does nothing what is needed for the race. Can you explain how those 3 units are "exactly what they've been asking for all along". I can list you exactly what the tos needs, and those 3 units are not it.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:21 am 
passwillworkeasycompany

just make the game 1 race only problem solved!

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:23 am 
turtleman@can

ok what do the toss need?
from what I understood - toss needed :
a better harass unit (check)
a way of dealing with mass mutas (check)
map mobility (check)

Replicant is just a bonus and 200/200 is not a lot of resources considering it turns into an upgraded battle-changing unit of your choice?

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:14 am 
Rat

why remove units? Just add more units.

If i remember correctly bw didnt remove units from sc1.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
map mobility (check)

Replicant is just a bonus and 200/200 is not a lot of resources considering it turns into an upgraded battle-changing unit of your choice?

Lol. You don't really know protos or the changes i see. Should really look them up before talking.

1.Replicant only spawns what it see's
2. 200/200 to spawn something in the battle is fucking horrible useless concept. Only way it might somewhat be usable is if it can spawn scv/drone or something if it see's it by an observer, and even then only if.
3. Protos had problem with mass muta? ROFL. Show me a pro match where protos had a problem with mass muta? Let me see, blink stalkers, storm, archon, pheonix, carier, all that deals with mass muta no problem. If you watched that video, there were 4 of those things killing mutas. It was said they'd cost something like 300/300. 3 archons would have raped those mutas no problems. Who even invented this "protos has problem with mass muta" thing? In zvp, protos has problems with 75 roach, infestor if anything, not mass muta.
4. That is a harras unit? How about something that kills workers easier, like other races have? Not something that stops you from mining. It's even unclear how much mana all of that will cost.

Problems protos has?
Expensive units that are worth shit, slow as fuck templar that's the weakest caster, overly dependant on tier3, lack of scouting, early game protection.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:55 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

The first balance change for HOTS is to fire dustin browler

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:19 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
quote:
map mobility (check)

Lol. You don't really know protos or the changes i see. Should really look them up before talking.

2. 200/200 to spawn something in the battle is fucking horrible useless concept. Only way it might somewhat be usable is if it can spawn scv/drone or something if it see's it by an observer, and even then only if.
3. Protos had problem with mass muta? ROFL. Show me a pro match where protos had a problem with mass muta? Let me see, blink stalkers, storm, archon, pheonix, carier, all that deals with mass muta no problem. If you watched that video, there were 4 of those things killing mutas. It was said they'd cost something like 300/300. 3 archons would have raped those mutas no problems. Who even invented this "protos has problem with mass muta" thing? In zvp, protos has problems with 75 roach, infestor if anything, not mass muta.
4. That is a harras unit? How about something that kills workers easier, like other races have? Not something that stops you from mining. It's even unclear how much mana all of that will cost.

Problems protos has?
Expensive units that are worth shit, slow as fuck templar that's the weakest caster, overly dependant on tier3, lack of scouting, early game protection.

yeah ok, 200/200 to replicate a unit attacking you is useless. "Oh , it's a cloaked banshee! Hmm.. how much does that cost? more than 200/200? And if I make one right now I will win this fight? FUCKING REPLICANT IS A USELESS UNIT CAN I PLEASE MAKE AN SCV INSTEAD!"

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:47 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
quote:
map mobility (check)

Problems protos has?

you're a whiny little bitch aren't you

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:06 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
you're a whiny little bitch aren't you

Could the bronze bench please be silent.

Thanks.

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:18 pm 
Aerasal

Picka_materina: he may tell you you're bad at a game you don't actually play

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:24 pm 
Picka_materina

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:08 am 
Aerasal

how is that meant to be insulting again?

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:20 pm 
$paCe

rofl

Post Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 pm