FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Announcements

Frostbitten's commentaries
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Do you like Frostbitten's Warcraft 2 replay commentaries ?
Like them
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Not all bad
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Needs improvement
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SoCxYamon

Frostbitten's commentaries

Lets have an unbiased discussion about these videos.

Link to channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/war2combat?blend=8&ob=5

I think this is important because I myself was about to start something similar, in fact me and lone already have.

So if he's going to pull tags he better do a good job.

Honestly I think he does a nice job commentating.

Personally I wish i could get even half as excited as he does.

However I think he really needs to have more discretion about what he picks.

The videos he picks seem to be quite bad, they're not competitive, entertaining, nostalgic ( they don't make people want to play again ), or educational.

Maybe the community doesn't put out. I don't know what his problem is.

One flaw is in his personal preference, Absolutely no one wants to see 10,000 1v1 gow efs, and the players you pick to record couldn't be more boring. Stray away from snorecow and borerus and explore more into sparkz and braviet.

I offered a nostalgic and entertaining replay for him to review and he laughed at me like absolutely ignorant and arrogant retard.

What person searching up warcraft 2 wouldn't want to see a fastest game of skeletons vs bloodlust? I ask you this.

This is far from a rage post, it's a disappointment post Sad

Sorry frost, but you're not cutting the mustard, in my opinion.

Here's the replay i wanted him to take a look at.

You can watch it, if you wanna Smile

http://www.mediafire.com/?72l3x6z8pwxpef9

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:54 am 
The_G0D

Why

is

this

even

a

poll

and

why

do

you

space

out

your

shit

so

much

?

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:24 am 
SoCxYamon

I actually don't know.

I think it makes it easier for me personally to read.

heh

and it's an unbiased poll.

And it's a poll because I personally don't watch replays,

My concern is not self, I want to hear from other people.

If everyone else likes them, then so be it.

I just don't think they're good, and they must've been reviewed by 5 people

and now they are jammed down the communtie's throat.

Personally when i see such bad replays as the topic of the day, i start to think that the community is really completely dead and warcraft 2 is over.

And some people plan to do something about it.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:26 am 
The_G0D

Re: Frostbitten's commentaries

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon

I think this is important because I myself was about to start something similar, in fact me and lone already have.

The videos he picks seem to be quite bad, they're not competitive, entertaining, nostalgic ( they don't make people want to play again ), or educational.

One flaw is in his personal preference, Absolutely no one wants to see 10,000 1v1 gow efs, and the players you pick to record couldn't be more boring. Stray away from snorecow and borerus and explore more into sparkz and braviet.

I offered a nostalgic and entertaining replay for him to review and he laughed at me like absolutely ignorant and arrogant retard.

What person searching up warcraft 2 wouldn't want to see a fastest game of skeletons vs bloodlust? I ask you this.

So I skimmed through your post and noticed this ^. Troll harder next time. He does an awesome job, if you think you can do better, do it.

Last edited by The_G0D on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:35 am; edited 2 times in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:32 am 
SoCxYamon

doing a nice job commentating is completely different from picking good content

just like john madden is a bad commentator and there's good content.

I realize i made it sound like this thread was centered entirely on his commentating, but you've known me long enough to know i would never care about something so stupid.

I meant commentaries as in the videos as a whole.

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 am 
The_G0D

quote:

ok now I just noticed the source of your pain that led to the creation of this thread. My bad, carry on.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
quote:

ok now I just noticed the source of your pain that led to the creation of this thread. My bad, carry on.

I already stated that i have my own youtube channel, and i made it quite clear the reason for this post.

Read it over a few more times.

Like i want my replays to be put with kinghacker and snorecow, Man that would make my day.

It was mirely a test because i've seen his work prior, and i rofl'd for 10 minutes along with other players that i've shown his videos to.

you don't seem to realize how vital this is to new blood for the community, if people see these videos they'll never fucking join ru.

You're always looking for a selfish or pathetic reason for every single of my posts. What you say about other people really says more than what you could ever say for yourself.

So again, lets try and keep this mature and unbiased, this is a rather important topic.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 am 
The_G0D

No man I'm not doubting you at all! Everybody knows that your replays and your prospective casting skills are the light for new blood in this fickle community!

How do I change my option from 1 to 3?

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
No man I'm not doubting you at all! Everybody knows that your replays and your prospective casting skills are the light for new blood in this fickle community!

How do I change my option from 1 to 3?

your opinion of me is based on shotgun's blatant jokes, a few forum posts and a youtube video.

I really question your method, your process of elimination.

Who is " Everybody ", who are you referring to? there's like 20 people on the entire forum 3 of which have played warcraft 2 in the past year.

You seem like a highly unintelligent person, and I'm still being unbiased.

You make me wonder about swift's theory of some people not having a functional consciousness.

Is your brain void of a mind?

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:47 am 
The_G0D

If you say so. Very Happy
(

see

what

I

did

there

?

)

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:49 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
If you say so. Very Happy

of course and your mind is telling you everyone will read this over and agree with you. Right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusional_disorder

Do

you

see

what

I

did

there

?

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:50 am 
The_G0D

If you take swift's theory for gospel, then yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Right? Very Happy

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:52 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
If you take swift's theory for gospel, then yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking.

Right? Very Happy

You're right i worded that wrong, let me correct myself.

Lets not kid ourselves, we all know swift is an idiot.

That's why he's 5-2 vs your bend over buddie shotgun.

lets take a look at where he gets his crazy ideas

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-State-University/112733778742242

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 am 
The_G0D

quote:

...this is the part where I back away, verrrrry carefully...

*tiptoes the fuck away from this thread*

Last edited by The_G0D on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
[quote="SoCxYamon"

...this is the part where I back away, verrrrry carefully...

*tiptoes the fuck away from this thread*[/quote]

Douglas: haha nice, everyone will enjoy that.

I'm glad i have everyone on my side.

Hehehe...

wait....

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:55 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:

That's the post I made.

The post douglas saw:

HEY MAN THESE VIDEO SUCK IM NOT IN ANY OF THEM

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH MY UNENDING WISDOM IS A DUMB PIECE OF SHIT

I WILL NEVER STATE IN MY PERSONAL OPINION BECAUSE ITS NOT AN OPINION I THINK EVERYTHING I STATE IS 100% FACTUAL.

I AM SO MAD IM NOT INCLUDED WITH KINGMAGE AND POSCOW IN A BUNCH OF BORING 1v1 GOWS.

I AM SO CRAVING ATTENTION

CANT YOU TELL WITH MY 400 POSTS SINCE 2006?

I AM SO BUTT HURT AND I WISH I COULD BE AS GOOD AS FROSTBITTEN AT MAKING COMMENTARIES.

THE ENTIRE POST WAS A PLOY TO GET YOU TO WATCH ONE REPLAY THAT I CARE SO MUCH ABOUT.

Douglas:

AND ITS SO CLEAR THAT COMMENTATING A VIDEO AND THE CONTENT OF WHATS BEING COMMENTATED ARE ENTIRELY THE SAME THING.
AND EVERYTIME YAMON ADMITS HE WAS WRONG AND STATES HE WANTS TO HEAR ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES UNBIASED OPINIONS IS STRICTLY BECAUSE HE DOESNT WANT EVERYONE TO SEE THE TRUTH THAT I SEE!

I KNOW EVERYONE AGREES WITH ME.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:18 am 
The_G0D

straight up, you need help.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:24 am 
loneknight

(In my personal opinion) Watching gow ef is like watching 3gate expanding protoss EVRY game. These kind of video's would be better if they are in 1st person view, so they can get educational. The games what Husky uploads are mainly exiciting and uncommon, even tho i have never played sc2 i like to watch them, because they are just good, and i can practice English with it =). There is a gow ef player )lw(Saline his stuff is incredibly unique and cool, and yet it it is useful, he can play human too.
Let me describe one of our games here, only read if you are intrested in one of your subscriber's thoughts about your commentary:
I have started 5 and did a standard lvl3 rush to lust. I scouted around and found 11 walled in with 2 farms and a gt, so i just set back and power to lust since he was human. I was actually scouting for possible proxy's when in like a moment he rushed me with15 lvl4 footmans and what is insane 3 peon's, and started towering me. After an epic uc battle i managed to repel his attack, but lost like 3-4 peon's. I made a few ogres and went to fort. Then again, he attacked me with double the amount of forces i had + he towered me. I lost like 3-4 peon's again and exped to 4 what was somewhat safe. Before i was able to get lust he sent one more even bigger wave to slow me down, and probably exped to 9. i macro'd up several ogre's and sent them to 11 to do some damage with lust. To be honest i haven't seen that strong uc from Viruz yet, not saying he cant, i just havent seen it... so he just dodged me like perfectly. He's attack's were so frequent that i wasnt able to get some defenses or wood/gold for expo...When i attacked 11 he instantly rushed me at 4 and always killed 2-5 peons before fleeing. i just ran out of steam and lost Razz but it was a very good game for me, and saline has all of my respect for owning with humans(i tried it too but i guess i wasnt good enough). I won 1 game agants him and lost 3 other. Casi0 can tell that there is noting more i hate than losing, but those games werent bad, they were educational, and exicting! The most important thing, it wasn't an evryday thingit was unique.
i Don't know what the others think but playing so fukn standardly, isnt too exciting for me, your cool, but according to me you pick the wrong game's.
Still waiting on the Viruz vs SPARKZ 1v1 BNE F!!!

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:33 am 
cpt^Sly

quote:
Originally posted by loneknight
(In my personal opinion) Watching gow ef is like watching 3gate expanding protoss EVRY game. These kind of video's would be better if they are in 1st person view, so they can get educational. The games what Husky uploads are mainly exiciting and uncommon, even tho i have never played sc2 i like to watch them, because they are just good, and i can practice English with it =). There is a gow ef player )lw(Saline his stuff is incredibly unique and cool, and yet it it is useful, he can play human too.
Let me describe one of our games here, only read if you are intrested in one of your subscriber's thoughts about your commentary:
I have started 5 and did a standard lvl3 rush to lust. I scouted around and found 11 walled in with 2 farms and a gt, so i just set back and power to lust since he was human. I was actually scouting for possible proxy's when in like a moment he rushed me with15 lvl4 footmans and what is insane 3 peon's, and started towering me. After an epic uc battle i managed to repel his attack, but lost like 3-4 peon's. I made a few ogres and went to fort. Then again, he attacked me with double the amount of forces i had + he towered me. I lost like 3-4 peon's again and exped to 4 what was somewhat safe. Before i was able to get lust he sent one more even bigger wave to slow me down, and probably exped to 9. i macro'd up several ogre's and sent them to 11 to do some damage with lust. To be honest i haven't seen that strong uc from Viruz yet, not saying he cant, i just havent seen it... so he just dodged me like perfectly. He's attack's were so frequent that i wasnt able to get some defenses or wood/gold for expo...When i attacked 11 he instantly rushed me at 4 and always killed 2-5 peons before fleeing. i just ran out of steam and lost Razz but it was a very good game for me, and saline has all of my respect for owning with humans(i tried it too but i guess i wasnt good enough). I won 1 game agants him and lost 3 other. Casi0 can tell that there is noting more i hate than losing, but those games werent bad, they were educational, and exicting! The most important thing, it wasn't an evryday thingit was unique.
i Don't know what the others think but playing so fukn standardly, isnt too exciting for me, your cool, but according to me you pick the wrong game's.
Still waiting on the Viruz vs SPARKZ 1v1 BNE F!!!

I learned from Sparkz & Yamon to never be standard, and to always make your game play unique so you can get recognized for it. Still do it to this day. Smile
Because he's the admin War2 deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:41 am 
Frostbitten

quote:

everyone starts somewhere...

The main reason why most of the games are 1v1 on old/ef is because that is what is being played at the time. I have only done one video from replay so far the rest are done live (essentially). I did not want to do your replay because its you vs two really bad players. No one really wants to watch that? I am planning on doing more commentaries with other map settings. I have done three on GSEP/EF and one on BNE/F. Unfortunately the most commonly played (and watchable games) are old/ef.

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 am 
cpt^Sly

quote:
Originally posted by Frostbitten
quote:

The main reason why most of the games are 1v1 on old/ef is because that is what is being played at the time. I have only done one video from replay so far the rest are done live (essentially). I did not want to do your replay because its you vs two really bad players. No one really wants to watch that? I am planning on doing more commentaries with other map settings. I have done three on GSEP/EF and one on BNE/F. Unfortunately the most commonly played (and watchable games) are old/ef.

Make gow/f videos even at semi pro, they games are still interesting. Gow/f has no specific build for each location, it's 80% different build each time. And you build on the situation were in.

For example I was in a game where my scout saw my opponent was upgrading to fort while I was upgrade to stronghold. What I do?

I start pumping out pez and threw them on wood, started to take 50% pez off mine and onto wood. Had 2 pex producing farms, and I went from 1 rax to 4 rax. And my upgrades were done, so I had like 12 level 5 orges vs l6 level 3 orge mages. Since I was 5 and he was 6, I raped him at the choke to s5.. Then came running threw his base doing wood and gold rape.

I topped it off by producing more orges and started to make a hall at s5, continued to produce more and more orges and rushed him again. While pex were doing transfered to new gold, make a dk shrine. Walled in my s5 and had dk coming behind his gold, he left GG

Moral of the story is, gow/ef is always same build same strat. Gow/f is faster and different.
Because he's the admin War2 deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:05 am 
cpt^Claw

quote:
it's 80% different build each time

because build doesnt fucking matter on f.

inb4 lol newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:30 am 
cpt^Sly

quote:
Originally posted by cpt^Claw

quote:

inb4 lol newbie

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:02 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:

you aren't understanding it man.

And i'm not trying to be bitchin at you or make you look bad in any way.

I respect what you're doing and I just want to help, I don't want to see
another belly flop of a great idea for the community

Not everyone wants to see the best vs the best on the same map over and over again.

You don't want to see me vs two bad players.

But other people on youtube will

Think about how many 1v1 gows are on youtube from dysic and lone, you have a chance to do something special here, and to be honest my replay was actually a gift from me to you to point you in the right direction for advertising.

I'll bet you 500,000 sticks of gum that everyone that looks up war2 on youtube has seen a 1v1 gow, No one has seen a dk only 1v2 vs two average players that actually annihilated my partner, they weren't that bad.

That's also one thing that made me disappointed was how quick you were to dismiss it.

I actually have so many games every day that i impress myself in by doing stupid shit, I only ever play to amuse myself.

Stuff like that is appealing to old players, something new, so they can realize that they haven't done everything, and I've noticed a lot of
old players think they've done everything and were the best.

RAM_SOLID: I used to be top on IGL ladder! RAM_SOLID < Toy`AM

You're going to have to appeal to the masses here.

I'm glad that you're actually having an unbiased discussion here, I would've thought douglas to provoke a lot of nonsense.

Thank you for responding.

Just make sure that you understand that it's just my personal opinion

and I don't think my opinion is law.

That's why i created this post, I want to hear from other people.

Last edited by SoCxYamon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:36 pm 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by cpt^Claw

quote:

inb4 lol newbie

how does a build not matter on warcraft 2?

cum on klaw ;P

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:46 pm 
LUSTB1TCH

I DIDNT READ ANY OF THIS BUT YAMON WHERE'S UR E-BOOK?

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:18 pm 
SoCxYamon

Recently I've found new depths to warcraft 2, and I'm still contemplating them.

This book would be at least 2000 pages.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:55 pm 
Frostbitten

I can certainly start a little series that has wacky games in it for sure. I just won't do it for the majority of my content.

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:25 pm 
cpt^Sly

quote:
I can certainly start a little series that has wacky games in it for sure. I just won't do it for the majority of my content.

I find it unfair that you get access to war2combat channel, even though you lack skill in your map community. Where I am a high level custom player, playing a large range of customs. And soon to be best gow/f player, and your commentary isn't all that good.. I can list 10 big flaws into your commentary, and the games you chose.

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:34 pm 
Frostbitten

quote:
Originally posted by cpt^Sly
quote:

I find it unfair that you get access to war2combat channel, even though you lack skill in your map community. Where I am a high level custom player, playing a large range of customs. And soon to be best gow/f player, and your commentary isn't all that good.. I can list 10 big flaws into your commentary, and the games you chose.

be my guest to tell me those flaws, and what do you mean lack skill in my map community? also I'm a decent/good custom player

Post Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:55 pm