One of the worst games ever made.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SoCxYamon

One of the worst games ever made.

Starcraft II

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:03 pm 
Allstar

its okay. its better than warhammer 40k dawn of war 2 imo. I don't like rts's that don't have any kind of base building. I enjoy that part of it. SC2 really has no competition.

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:07 pm 
SoCxYamon

lol it's so funny that i made this post today, because a few hours later i met someone via my sister, she told him i was a gamer, and he asked if i played starcraft. Regrettibly, i answered yes and he gave him his gamer code and i have to look forward to a nice tedious and unexeciting game of Starcraft II. God why do i even have that game still?

lol it was funny he was getting all execited talking about he was in some sort of league ect. and how he thought the koreans were so great, and he's so good. He's like yeah man i'm old school, i've been playing sc since brood war came out. Then i said, hey do you like warcraft? " no i don't really like the engine, i like to make armies and have lots of guys " Me: no not warcraft 3, warcraft 2. " ohhh ummm yeah i think i played that".

heh... another classic senario of a old school wc2 gamer, going to pwn another modern newbie.

lol it's funny because his gf is like DAMN Just kick his ass for me so he'll stfu about how great he is.

Lol atleast there's something to look forward to in this mess.

Post Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:47 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon
lol it's so funny that i made this post today, because a few hours later i met someone via my sister, she told him i was a gamer, and he asked if i played starcraft. Regrettibly, i answered yes and he gave him his gamer code and i have to look forward to a nice tedious and unexeciting game of Starcraft II. God why do i even have that game still?

lol it was funny he was getting all execited talking about he was in some sort of league ect. and how he thought the koreans were so great, and he's so good. He's like yeah man i'm old school, i've been playing sc since brood war came out. Then i said, hey do you like warcraft? " no i don't really like the engine, i like to make armies and have lots of guys " Me: no not warcraft 3, warcraft 2. " ohhh ummm yeah i think i played that".

heh... another classic senario of a old school wc2 gamer, going to pwn another modern newbie.

lol it's funny because his gf is like DAMN Just kick his ass for me so he'll stfu about how great he is.

Lol atleast there's something to look forward to in this mess.

so long story short your sister is dating some asian gamer douchebag?

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:59 am 
SoCxYamon

yeah ofc. i would definitely agree to a game with my sister's boyfriend.

but since you have the same dyslexic problem as foonat, and can't read and/or interpret anything. I'll summarize it for you.

I met some retarded kid that plays modern blizzard games, thinking he's good playing vs a bunch of 12 year old retards on sc2.

And he has no idea about how good any Warcraft 2 players are in incomparison,

let alone what or who they are.

And i don't even want to play that retarded game, i just agreed to be nice.

But it's not going to be nice when i rape him over and over again on a game i don't even play.

And when i said met via my sister, No, it's not her boyfriend. She's married. Thank you.

Post Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:55 am 
Shynko

If you think sc2 has no competition you have no business thinking. It's the most popular online game in history. Nothing will steal or stray our hearts from war2. But, if you don' want rts's or our community to die - just try it out. War2 is about community, wherever we take that - we're home.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:10 am 
turtleman@can

I agree - SC2 is basically the only game you can get your RTS fix on these days. Of course BW/War2 are still around to a degree but SC2 is the future. Right now I feel like the game's at a place where I can continue to play it for years and years in terms of balance. It's only going to get better with added features (replays with friends)

I can't wait for Hots - I'm hoping that the units introduced are going to make the game even more enjoyable. I have a very strong feeling that either the roach or hydra is going to be replaced as they seem kind of interchangeable in a lot of scenarios. There's a fuckton of possibilities - but any changes made right now are going to have to essentially nerf/remove other options/units as I feel that the game already has the right mixture of viable options.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:22 am 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by Shynko
If you think sc2 has no competition you have no business thinking. It's the most popular online game in history. Nothing will steal or stray our hearts from war2. But, if you don' want rts's or our community to die - just try it out. War2 is about community, wherever we take that - we're home.

that's fine and all.
But i refuse to take us to a game that's as terribad as starcraft 2.

I'm not just arrogantly saying it's bad.

It's fucking bad.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I agree - SC2 is basically the only game you can get your RTS fix on these days. Of course BW/War2 are still around to a degree but SC2 is the future. Right now I feel like the game's at a place where I can continue to play it for years and years in terms of balance. It's only going to get better with added features (replays with friends)

I can't wait for Hots - I'm hoping that the units introduced are going to make the game even more enjoyable. I have a very strong feeling that either the roach or hydra is going to be replaced as they seem kind of interchangeable in a lot of scenarios. There's a fuckton of possibilities - but any changes made right now are going to have to essentially nerf/remove other options/units as I feel that the game already has the right mixture of viable options.

That's the main reason why starcraft 2 is bad. IT's not the future, it's a whimsical copy and paste of sc1 with unbalanced units and shitty edits and features.

Think about their ideas...

Have you ever fucking played this game?

You call this balanced?

You think it's a good idea to combine warcraft 2's macro system with warcraft 3's micro system,. along with it's retarded system of trial and error? DERRR THIS UNIT DOES MORE DAMAGE TO ARMOR AND LESS TO NO ARMOR.

That does't even fucking make any sense.

This game is a fucking is the equivalent of a giant ball of fucking feces. It's balance is like a fucking peanut butter and kechtup sandwich ( starcraft and warcraft 3 ) and mix in a giant bowl of dead flies ( the wow community )

Have you ever heard of a fucking stalker?

I'm undefeated and in the master's league thanks to one fucking unit.

Who made this game?

Who thought it was a good idea to block off the starting positions in 90% of the ladder maps? Like who the fuck made this game? a bunch of fucking unpassionate tryhard newbies that play 20 mins of starcraft every month and don't play online because they feel it's too hard. Fucking what the fuck are you people thinking!?

MEMO TO : 10,000 NEWBIE STRONG BLIZZARD DESIGN TEAM. RTS = REAL TIME FUCKING STRATEGY.

IT'S A SUPPOSED TO BE A SEMI-FUCKING-REALSTIC SCIENCE FICTION GAME

ITS REAL REALSTIC THAT EVERY MAP IS GEOMETRICALLY BALANCED AND THERES A VERY COINSIDENTAL INCONVIENENT FUCKING GIANT PILE OF BOLDERS AT EVERY BASE WITH A VERY COINSIDENTAL CONVIENENT FUCKING FOOT BRIDGE THAT YOU JUST SO HAPPEND CAN WALL AFTER IT BREAKS FOR BEING ATTACKED FOR 10 FUCKING MINUTES. ( WHILE THE TERRAN ALREADY HAVE 5 BASES)

Again, Who made this game?

90% of the fucking design team probably has never even played starcraft 1, let alone fucking warcraft 2 or anything ( thats responsible for their fucking paychecks today ). They're probably all psuedo blizzard fans and play nothing but world of warcraft, thinking it just poofed into fucking thin air. 85% of wow's fanbase has never heard of warcraft 3. Yet the entire game is based off every little detail of warcraft 3's lore, and every icon in the game is a action/spell icon from warcraft 3.

What goes on here?

90% of the so called player base, that plays this piece of shit game, are fucking world of warcraft players. Yeah, that's so fucking valueable.

The Guild is just what we need to have some competitive leagues.

Once people get bored with the graphics, i bet you the game is going to die.

Far faster than warcraft 2 did.

I feel the fucking Rush Limbaugh of Real Time Strategy, Since noone else can find any sort of fucking flaw in this supposedly fucking flawless peice of shit abomination game.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:17 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
I'm undefeated and in the master's league

No you're not. And seeing as you lie about that, you're not in masters either.

Im curious do you even own the game at all. It always amazes me what you compulsive liars actually think you accomplish by so blatantly lying.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:51 pm 
SoCxYamon

me and five people i know are in the master's league.

If you're not, then god you fucking blow at RTS games.

Can't beat The Guild at starcraft 2?

Really? don't fucking post newb.

and fucking take down that picture of nate, you're a fucking idiot.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:54 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
It always amazes me what you compulsive liars actually think you accomplish by so blatantly lying.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:32 pm 
SoCxYamon

>

angry european kid that fails at trolling, and apparently starcraft as well.

( picka_materina )

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:42 pm 
Shynko

The community makes the game, and helps it evolve. We carried War2 so hard it STILL exists even after blizzard left it for dead. I can care less about what kinds of people play starcraft 2 as long as there are people playing it. We're proving our skills on a different front, and it would be awesome if more of us war2 players would join us.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:04 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
yeah ofc. i would definitely agree to a game with my sister's boyfriend.

but since you have the same dyslexic problem as foonat, and can't read and/or interpret anything. I'll summarize it for you.

I met some retarded kid that plays modern blizzard games, thinking he's good playing vs a bunch of 12 year old retards on sc2.

And he has no idea about how good any Warcraft 2 players are in incomparison,

let alone what or who they are.

And i don't even want to play that retarded game, i just agreed to be nice.

But it's not going to be nice when i rape him over and over again on a game i don't even play.

And when i said met via my sister, No, it's not her boyfriend. She's married. Thank you.

if the best starcraft 2 players played war2, they would likely dominate the current best war2 players.

starcraft 1 had a similar damage/armor system as starcraft 2, the ui just didn't tell you it.

the criticisms for starcraft 2 being too similar to starcraft 1 are pretty ignorant. since when did a game sequel need to be drastically different than its predecessor to qualify as a sequel? have you been playing games the best couple decades? and the games are still pretty different. at this point, i think i prefer the feel and gameplay of starcraft 1 to starcraft 2, though that can change after the two expansions come out.

Post Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 pm 
d8)

Undefeated and in Master league...lol

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:58 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

"my brother is A GAMER" - yamon's sister

lol

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:48 am 
-667-

Is the unbeaten in masters league really that big of a stretch?

Perhaps some might find these claims to be a bit outlandish, but I think you're forgetting this is SoCxYamon we're talking about. The same guy who after 12 years of online Warcraft II, revolutionized the strategical thinking in the game by perfecting his strategies:
-The Air Dual
-4 barracks lvl1 rush

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:33 pm 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by -667-
Is the unbeaten in masters league really that big of a stretch?

Perhaps some might find these claims to be a bit outlandish, but I think you're forgetting this is SoCxYamon we're talking about. The same guy who after 12 years of online Warcraft II, revolutionized the strategical thinking in the game by perfecting his strategies:
-The Air Dual
-4 barracks lvl1 rush

actually the kid who made those posts after playing online since 2004, and didn'tt even start playing bne until a few months before those posts.
( 2006 ).

And now,

Remember we're talking about the same guy who dominates everyone and they claim it's swift hacking on his account name, and complian to admins about it.

Post Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:36 pm 
7VlesSiah

better make sure you know the units. The game has so many hard counters. you can be madly out producing him and lose.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:08 am 
Shotgun_

$10 yamons in copper and these are rage posts, ladder maps were never blocked in when i played them

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm 
Allstar

lol startin positions are blocked on the novice maps in practice league before you get placed lol "im in masters"

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:58 pm 
x

I admit I like the more dynamic style of War2 maps, with air, water, asymmetry, possibly being spot fucked and weird maps like nwtr and gow, even if it wasn't perfectly balanced. Almost all SC2 maps logically seem the same in comparison. Sure, it's more balanced, but not as a fun. But because of the fierce competition of today, I can see why they weigh balance so highly. It just seems bland compared to a crazy game of war2 from back in the day.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:59 pm 
DrunkeN

Wow this guy is a total nub troll. Learn to play an economy based RTS.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:03 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Shynko
We're proving our skills on a different front, and it would be awesome if more of us war2 players would join us.
no it wouldn't.

sc2 doesn't have the same kind of community. does bnet2 even have channels yet (it didnt on beta)

the game is slow-paced and tedious, every unit just has a counter, and team games also blow compared to war2.

it would be awesome if more war2 players played war2 and blew their sc2 d iscs up with dynamite

edit: blow up your war2 discs too cuz war2 dont need a disc fuck yea server.war2.ru for life
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:14 pm 
Fast Luck

terror youre a benedict arnold!!! come back to war2 or get fucked!
on war2 you can be somebody known to the community, on sc2 youre just an anonymous cretin

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm 
DrunkeN

SC2 has a huge community it's called TeamLiquid.net also screddit. There are chat channels btw. There were over 100k unique viewers watching dreamhack this weekend. Sc2 is big right now and is making Esports a real thing with 100k prize tourneys and leagues.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:02 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
foonat

i played a couple hundred games of sc2 total between beta and retail and it blew dick so i uninstalled and gave the game to my brother. the end

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:09 pm 
7VlesSiah

I felt the same about SC 1. The game became legendary. I lost interest in SC2 as well. I'm not ready to write it off as junk though.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:56 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I felt the same about SC 1. The game became legendary. I lost interest in SC2 as well. I'm not ready to write it off as junk though.
yep, SC2 is a lot like SC1, if im not mistaken SC2 is a little lamer on hard counters but basically both games drag on into longer games than war2 and start slower than war2 and are not as good for team games as war2. both are insanely popular huge megahits yeah but i dont care.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:32 pm 
AGNB

Alot of what made war2 great is out there for Sc2. I'm sure that back before RU and before this core community reached its elite level, there were countless nights of playing and strategy figuring out how to deal with all of the different duals on gow.pud (s9/9, 4/5, 9/11, 12/2) and all of the p stop rushes repair rushes etc... Starcraft 2 is all about breaking the build that your opponent is doing.

The biggest drawback for Sc2 for me is the fierce competition, it is impossible to improve once you hit a certain level because there is a ridiculous amount of talent in the game. To put it in perspective, Nerzy was the highest ranked war2er AFIAK and ive watched him play first person on war2, his micro was excellent and he could macro like a beast as well. The top SC2ers play with double the actions that nerzy plays, DOUBLE. I'm talking beastmode RTSers, the best from like 5 different RTS's and then you have the whole korean scene.

The frustrating part of sc2 is that the game is so intricate, learning how to deal with situations and get aggressive at the right times takes practice and stragey that is very difficult to acquire. You really do need a community or a clan to get to the top level. That is the only reason I wish more of this forum played Sc2 1vs1 competitively.

I am still taking challenges for KOTH, bring it on.

Post Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:55 pm