FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Something to consider while playing GOWEF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
SoCxYamon

those games a year ago are just so valid.

I'm going to ask you the same question I asked blid

Are you an idiot or do you think others are just stupid?

The same people you look for support in are the same people you perceive to be dumber than a box of rocks?

EDIT:
So if you lost to me in 1 alleria you'd consider it " getting owned " blid?

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:47 am 
Lightbringer-

Here is my honest opinion of this thread...

I think that both yamon and lone are decent bnef players but without any balls and playing more by repetition than old ef players...

I seriously consider myself a better f player than an ef one and I can honestly say you are a bunch of ballless players both of you...
Dualing and dual rushing is so easy on bne f. You choose the easy way out and dual just like lone.
I dont rush by repetition on bne but for the challenge. If I do dual or dual rush, game is nearly over.
When you grow some balls and start playing like real men, then you can come talk.
The only good f player that I can recognise today is swift. Warlat faggots dont count.
As regards to ef, what makes it interesting is that you are forced to vary. Clueless newbies doing the same shit over and over again just does not work.
Sure, you get players like poscow, jesk, jesk etc who do the same shit each spot they have...
but ef just forces u to play differently based on spots...
Just for the record, played hotty and got 6 three times and 8 one time.
Tried 4 different strats and ended 2-2. That is the EF spirit!!!

long ass post but am hospitalised today.

sent from my mob

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:27 pm 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-

more by repetition than old ef players...

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm 
ORKinman2

Re: Something to consider while playing GOWEF

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon
well it appears that noone is interesting in anything other than playing Garden of War.pud. With that said, if you nerds want to step up your game in the giant mess that is gow ef, i'll help you out, since i'm bored.

Here's a few things to consider when playing GOW EF

What is garden of war?

garden of war is a map were there's few spots that are closable ( limiting the number of options while playing ).

Some mines have more gold than others.

Some spots aren't usable.

Some spots are easily towered.

Some spots have such bad gold flow it can easily determine the outcome of the game.

Why do people play Garden of War?

Well i have a few theories on this, after playing it for 10 years.

1) It's sheer simplicity. It's by far the easiest map/setting to learn/play besides 1 alleria, or death knights.

2) people have been playing it since day 1, and people hate and/or are afraid of trying to learn new things. Why would it be considered learning something new when they've played warcraft since it first came out? Well that's simple, it's because almost noone, even a good player like $pace, or even a great player like Ash, have learned from sheer repatition. There are very few players that actually have learned classic maps or customs and have moved to gow/ef or even gow bne f. And i shouldn't have to mention the only maps played these days, well pretty much same as always, are:
Mini chop farms
Pball
Free castles
GOw/Pos ( basically same thing as gow but with smaller mines

Now that we've got that out of the way, How about some experiments to see if what we've just read is true.

Try doing what i did and challenge a player like $pace to 1v1 gow ef. and just sit there and look at what he does every game. I played $pace a few 1v1s and he just sat there and mindlessly did the same strategies everyone has done for 10 years, looking for every possible counter ect.

Then i challenged him to pos, and he was absolute fucking shit.

What does this prove you may wonder? that he only plays gow ef? so what? almost everyone does that? The point is WHy they only play it. It's simply because they aren't good at the game, and they don't have the skills to compete in anything else, because the way they learned the game was decades of repatition, not natural skill. THere are however players that are just naturally good at wc2. A prime example of such a player would be Swift.

Swift can play anyone on any map and absolutely annhilate them with just a few games practice, sometimes that's not even required. And most people say to themselves ( primarily to comfort themselves ) ohh man swift plays 24/7 omg what a loser ect. He hacks ect. No. That's not why you're fucking losing you stupid little twits.

Now since you've followed me so far, here's some vital observations that Swift and I have come about after playing so long. So keep these observations in your pocket while playing, and you'll have a huge advantage.

When you play gowef, think about the map you're playing. 8, 6, and 4 are completely behind all game no matter what. Most players mindlessly scout the map in order. Good players will scout those spots first and exploit them for a real quick win. Everytime.

One thing that players lose alot on gow ef is because they always have this mentality to attack as fast as possible and annhilate their opponent. My and swift's advice would be to play defensively, stack up ogres, and use nothing but hasted death knights as your offence, If you haven't killed your opponent in the first 5 minutes, then the gamne is obviously going to be all about your One ( because it's gow ef ) expansion. ALl you need to do is prelust his attacks with farms, and dk his one expansion. Gg no re.

That's pretty much all you need to do when playing gow ef, there's no strategy involved other than builds.... and res mangement, but that's not really a strategy.

best advice i can give you is: GOw ef is NOTT!!!!!!!!!! in any way, complex.

Happy hunting children.

I agree with many of the points you make about GOW, however overall there are many inaccuracies. The most popular map for War2 depends upon the era you played. The Heat/War2BNE era have all been GOW dominated, however the Kali days were much different. If you were from Kali you had to play different maps because people had a map selection back then.

In fact, if you played in NWL (National Warcraft League, the biggest rival of Case's Ladder) you had to know how to play POS/low because that was the most popular settings to play. There were also thousands of players back then, so you were able to find games other than GOW. I've always found it funny how bad some players are when you play on maps other than GOW, especially water maps. Some skills transition to different maps, but I agree that repetitive situations contribute to how good someone is on GOW.

Players back then knew how to play a variety of settings, because it was required in order to be a good player. Any player who spent a majority of their beginning on Kali knew this requirement, which makes your claim about Ash irrelevant. Lastly, POS is nothing even remotely similar to GOW.

Post Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:41 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by ORKinman2
quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon
well it appears that noone is interesting in anything other than playing Garden of War.pud. With that said, if you nerds want to step up your game in the giant mess that is gow ef, i'll help you out, since i'm bored.

Here's a few things to consider when playing GOW EF

What is garden of war?

garden of war is a map were there's few spots that are closable ( limiting the number of options while playing ).

Some mines have more gold than others.

Some spots aren't usable.

Some spots are easily towered.

Some spots have such bad gold flow it can easily determine the outcome of the game.

Why do people play Garden of War?

Well i have a few theories on this, after playing it for 10 years.

1) It's sheer simplicity. It's by far the easiest map/setting to learn/play besides 1 alleria, or death knights.

2) people have been playing it since day 1, and people hate and/or are afraid of trying to learn new things. Why would it be considered learning something new when they've played warcraft since it first came out? Well that's simple, it's because almost noone, even a good player like $pace, or even a great player like Ash, have learned from sheer repatition. There are very few players that actually have learned classic maps or customs and have moved to gow/ef or even gow bne f. And i shouldn't have to mention the only maps played these days, well pretty much same as always, are:
Mini chop farms
Pball
Free castles
GOw/Pos ( basically same thing as gow but with smaller mines

Now that we've got that out of the way, How about some experiments to see if what we've just read is true.

Try doing what i did and challenge a player like $pace to 1v1 gow ef. and just sit there and look at what he does every game. I played $pace a few 1v1s and he just sat there and mindlessly did the same strategies everyone has done for 10 years, looking for every possible counter ect.

Then i challenged him to pos, and he was absolute fucking shit.

What does this prove you may wonder? that he only plays gow ef? so what? almost everyone does that? The point is WHy they only play it. It's simply because they aren't good at the game, and they don't have the skills to compete in anything else, because the way they learned the game was decades of repatition, not natural skill. THere are however players that are just naturally good at wc2. A prime example of such a player would be Swift.

Swift can play anyone on any map and absolutely annhilate them with just a few games practice, sometimes that's not even required. And most people say to themselves ( primarily to comfort themselves ) ohh man swift plays 24/7 omg what a loser ect. He hacks ect. No. That's not why you're fucking losing you stupid little twits.

Now since you've followed me so far, here's some vital observations that Swift and I have come about after playing so long. So keep these observations in your pocket while playing, and you'll have a huge advantage.

When you play gowef, think about the map you're playing. 8, 6, and 4 are completely behind all game no matter what. Most players mindlessly scout the map in order. Good players will scout those spots first and exploit them for a real quick win. Everytime.

One thing that players lose alot on gow ef is because they always have this mentality to attack as fast as possible and annhilate their opponent. My and swift's advice would be to play defensively, stack up ogres, and use nothing but hasted death knights as your offence, If you haven't killed your opponent in the first 5 minutes, then the gamne is obviously going to be all about your One ( because it's gow ef ) expansion. ALl you need to do is prelust his attacks with farms, and dk his one expansion. Gg no re.

That's pretty much all you need to do when playing gow ef, there's no strategy involved other than builds.... and res mangement, but that's not really a strategy.

best advice i can give you is: GOw ef is NOTT!!!!!!!!!! in any way, complex.

Happy hunting children.

I agree with many of the points you make about GOW, however overall there are many inaccuracies. The most popular map for War2 depends upon the era you played. The Heat/War2BNE era have all been GOW dominated, however the Kali days were much different. If you were from Kali you had to play different maps because people had a map selection back then.

In fact, if you played in NWL (National Warcraft League, the biggest rival of Case's Ladder) you had to know how to play POS/low because that was the most popular settings to play. There were also thousands of players back then, so you were able to find games other than GOW. I've always found it funny how bad some players are when you play on maps other than GOW, especially water maps. Some skills transition to different maps, but I agree that repetitive situations contribute to how good someone is on GOW.

Players back then knew how to play a variety of settings, because it was required in order to be a good player. Any player who spent a majority of their beginning on Kali knew this requirement, which makes your claim about Ash irrelevant. Lastly, POS is nothing even remotely similar to GOW.

LOL @ someone taking yamon seriously

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:35 pm 
SoCxYamon

quote:
Originally posted by ORKinman2

pos is the easiest map other than gow by far.

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:26 am 
GenOciDe-

holy fuck

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:56 pm 
SoCxYamon

hey genocide, you blow at war2.

Post Thu May 09, 2013 8:15 pm