FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

watching starcraft 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Picka_materina

Popular got nothing to do with it. Its pro gaming and money, people do whats easiest/best to win.

Protos is the most popular race.

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:37 pm 
turtleman@can

I just wish there would be fewer mirror matchups. I can't stand watching them - and for some reason this season about 50% of my games have been zvz matches.

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:18 pm 
7VlesSiah

I think T vs T is one of the best match ups in the game. P vs P and Z vs Z I don't even want to watch.

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:34 pm 
$paCe

I want orc vs protoss hehe i'm contributing to this gay thread

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 pm 
Aerasal

z and p have to play perfectly to beat t

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 pm 
Aerasal

so easy for t to queue up a drop while front attacking. rapes z and p so hard.

Post Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:41 pm 
Aerasal

patch good fuck t

Post Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:50 pm 
Picka_materina

Not nearly enough nerf on T

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:04 am 
kublikhan

Nice. I thought we would have to wait for HOTS to see big changes. The vision change and immortal buff should make 4 gate counters more viable. With a well placed forcefield, you can no longer blink or warp units up a ramp(unless you already have a unit on the high ground). immortal buff and rax nerf should help toss deal with terran 1/1/1 timing attacks. Prisms are no longer paper airplanes. blueflame and fungal nerfed. All around good patch.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:19 pm 
Picka_materina

How exactly is an imortal buff a counter to 1/1/1 ? Immortal's only usefulness in countering 1/1/1 was to tank tank dmg, and does that with any range, other then that, if you made 2 more you failed.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:21 pm 
kublikhan

If you had stalkers out in front to protect the immortal from the marines, all too often the immortal would dance around because it was not close enough to shoot anything.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:37 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
If you had stalkers out in front to protect the immortal from the marines, all too often the immortal would dance around because it was not close enough to shoot anything.

I still don't see how's that helping anything. You made the immortal to tank the dmg of tanks. Stalkers get raped by PDD anyway. So still not sure how its range helps in 1/1/1. You need colos/templar/archon/massunit to defeat 1/1/1, not immortal range upgrade. Only if he contains you with bunkers you need more immortals, but then you also need zealot speed, and i don't see still how range helps.

The range of immortal will make the most difference in pvp as you mentioned previously, but thats it. 1/1/1 hasn't even been addressed in this patch.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:42 pm 
kublikhan

I would say at least try it out before dismissing it. People thought the roach range increase would not help that much and it ended up helping immensely.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:51 pm 
Picka_materina

Definitely needs testing, but i have little hope about that doing anything vs 1/1/1 since immortal is not the answer.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:10 pm 
kublikhan

Did you see that the sentry was buffed as well? It was in the bugs section so some might have missed it:

Sentry Guardian Shield now correctly reduces damage from Hellion, Void ray, and Colossus attacks as well as the Siege Tank’s sieged attack.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:39 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Did you see that the sentry was buffed as well? It was in the bugs section so some might have missed it:

Sentry Guardian Shield now correctly reduces damage from Hellion, Void ray, and Colossus attacks as well as the Siege Tank’s sieged attack.

Saw that, but don't see how that's a buff, seems a bug fix they unintentionally left out.

Just watching mlg now, 20 mutas vs 1 turret and scv repairing, and turret holds. Yes, that's true balance. Somewhat like 9 cats hitting a farm and not being able to take it down by peons repairing

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:14 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Picka_materina
quote:

I still don't see how's that helping anything. You made the immortal to tank the dmg of tanks. Stalkers get raped by PDD anyway. So still not sure how its range helps in 1/1/1. You need colos/templar/archon/massunit to defeat 1/1/1, not immortal range upgrade. Only if he contains you with bunkers you need more immortals, but then you also need zealot speed, and i don't see still how range helps.

The range of immortal will make the most difference in pvp as you mentioned previously, but thats it. 1/1/1 hasn't even been addressed in this patch.

you don't want the immortal in front to tank damage because marines rape it. it's not there to tank. the range will definitely help but we'll have to wait and see how much.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:25 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
you don't want the immortal in front to tank damage because marines rape it. it's not there to tank

Orly? Please, go back to bronze.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:29 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:
you don't want the immortal in front to tank damage because marines rape it. it's not there to tank

Orly? Please, go back to bronze.

are you literally retarded? honestly, you are just too fucking stupid.

the 1 immortal gets targeted down immediately in the 1/1/1 attack any time it tries to attack a tank. this happens EVERY TIME.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:44 pm 
Aerasal

and if i played regularly, i would easily get into masters. stop with your personal attack fallacies like it has any thing to do with the discussion.

Post Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:45 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
the 1 immortal gets targeted down immediately in the 1/1/1 attack any time it tries to attack a tank. this happens EVERY TIME.

Bronze status proven.

(hint: i didn't even say what you just explained).

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:40 am 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

Bronze status proven.

(hint: i didn't even say what you just explained).

retard stats proven (again).

hint: protoss players always try to do tank/bunker damage with the immortal. it serves no purpose to sit behind a line of stalkers while they get raped by tanks and marines. you want to protect your immortal during the 1/1/1 all in and you don't see how a range buff is going to help? go retard much?

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:37 am 
turtleman@can

I think that immortals probably needed a range upgrade although I Feel like now they might need a damage nerf to balance things out.

Either way I read that blizzard wasn't planning on making any more balance changes to this game until the expansion, so this tells me that it's not going to be out any time soon. Or that these were pretty obvious. I gotta say that every change made makes a lot of sense to me. Although I'm kind of worried about immo dmg and heat seeker missiles now.

Ultras I think needed this change. They aren't really a good option for any kind of timing attack because of their build time. This significant reduction will probably let me play around with some 2 base ultra play.

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 pm 
Picka_materina

quote:
hint: protoss players always try to do tank/bunker damage with the immortal. it serves no purpose to sit behind a line of stalkers while they get raped by tanks and marines. you want to protect your immortal during the 1/1/1 all in and you don't see how a range buff is going to help? go retard much?

Hahaha. You're clueless.

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm 
Aerasal

quote:
quote:

Hahaha. You're clueless.

you're handicap and don't understand anything. this was proven in the other thread.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I think that immortals probably needed a range upgrade although I Feel like now they might need a damage nerf to balance things out.

Either way I read that blizzard wasn't planning on making any more balance changes to this game until the expansion, so this tells me that it's not going to be out any time soon. Or that these were pretty obvious. I gotta say that every change made makes a lot of sense to me. Although I'm kind of worried about immo dmg and heat seeker missiles now.

Ultras I think needed this change. They aren't really a good option for any kind of timing attack because of their build time. This significant reduction will probably let me play around with some 2 base ultra play.

i don't think they were planning on making any more changes but the new terran builds have proven to be too powerful

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:05 pm 
kublikhan

Ouch. Nearly 2/3rds of the players in GSL are terran.

Post Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:56 pm 
Aerasal

lol

Post Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:05 am 
kublikhan

*Spoilers*
Anyone watching the GSL team league? I usually root for the underdog, so seeing Prime and MVP in the finals is great. The 1.4 patch seems to have made some good changes to the game too. More warp prism drops, more immortals, and creatorPrime was owning terrans left and right. His chargelots and double chronoed upgrades style was owning hard.

Then in the IM vs MVP match, IMmvp's 1-1-1 got owned by MVPTails. Tails micro was even a bit sloppy in places and he still managed to stop it. His build was well timed out to stop the 1-1-1. Then it was just rofl when he followed up that win by taking down Nestea.

Post Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:39 am