FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

watching starcraft 2
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

watching starcraft 2

where do you guys watch sc2? I have been watching it now and then to take a break from working. There's a few new leagues that have started.
NASL.tv and ign (ipl) no link offhand.

basically nasl.tv is kind of an american version of the gsl. I've watched it a few times , i think they have some huge prize pool. they've got some good players. problem is the announcers are boring as shit and the production is pretty horrendous.

ipl is kind of the same deal except it's high def (and free) and i'm pretty sure they pre-record the games with alternating casters. i'd say that this is where I plan on watching my games for the next while. I'd go for gsl but i just can't dig spending money on watching these games right now since i have little time.

Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:45 pm 
SuperSly

HuskyStarCraft on Youtube just search Husky, and his youtube page will show. His "who to watch" list has allot other SC2 commutators, he has allot pro games and semi pro games. Though he favors the over power Protoss, before your start arguing "oh Terrian are more OP"

Dude really...? Terrian have to micro half the battle before they get maxed out army.. And their units aren't even all that strong, we could die easily from a zerglin rush if we get flanked..

Protess on the other hand can handle Zerglings with Zelots, and if they make a Protoss ball that's a GG.. Unless you have mass air to snipe off Coli, and don't get my started on Dark Templar.. If you throw a dark templar and have them flank from behind your enemy army, without a scan or over load.. 10 DT's = gg :/..

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:30 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
DrunkeN

Husky is for nubs. The best sc2 to watch is the GSL first then IPL and NASL. NASL is still going through some serious production issues, but is ok. Dreamhack when around is prolly the 2nd best sc2 to watch after the GSL. Also for streamers, watch FXOSheth that guy is a baller Zerg.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:07 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SuperSly

quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN
Husky is for nubs. The best sc2 to watch is the GSL first then IPL and NASL. NASL is still going through some serious production issues, but is ok. Dreamhack when around is prolly the 2nd best sc2 to watch after the GSL. Also for streamers, watch FXOSheth that guy is a baller Zerg.

Husky shows TLO replays and Team Liquid gtfo outta here

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
GreenHorn

http://sc2casts.com/

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 am 
DrunkeN

quote:
Originally posted by SuperSly
quote:
Originally posted by DrunkeN

Husky shows TLO replays and Team Liquid gtfo outta here

That's another thing wrong with Husky his fanboys are nubs too. Also he has little game knowledge if any.

I forgot to mention the TSL which has great production and games.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:07 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
kublikhan

I used to watch GSL but got tired of the large downloads, low quality, and annoying casters. Lately I have just been downloading replays and watching them. Tiny downloads you can watch at 1920x1080 compared to large downloads at crap quality. There are many replays sites around, I have been using this one lately: StarCraft 2 Replays . They do have some GSL casted vids as well, but those are all korean casted so I skip those. You can also see at a glance who the players are, which races, which tournament the games came from, etc.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:02 pm 
Shynko

GSL is very interesting + the highest level of play atm. Husky is a noob but he's fun to listen to. It's also fun playing so gtf on the game you bastards. Channel war2 has been empty for months

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 pm 
SuperSly

quote:
Originally posted by Shynko
GSL is very interesting + the highest level of play atm. Husky is a noob but he's fun to listen to. It's also fun playing so gtf on the game you bastards. Channel war2 has been empty for months

we got 68 users on now, and I lost CD key. Crying or Very sad

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:06 pm 
7VlesSiah

TSL 3 has been really good. MLG is good. GSL is good.

NASL is pretty fail so far. A bunch of matches that I don't care about with bad casting. InControl seems ok when he is casting toss games. Gretorp is just horrible.

GSL needs to ditch DOA after this season. Doa is this square white guy who tries very hard to be funny. Everything he says is awkward and lame.

Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:53 pm 
Thomas29

I watch it on youtube sometimes like just for the Lulz bro.

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 am 
Picka_materina

MLG was horrible.
Gsl/tsl/ign

Post Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:52 am 
x

Good free ones - TSL, HD, Husky (all on YouTube)

GSL/Gomtv.net is the best, but costs $10/season/month (worth it IMHO)

nasl.tv needs to get their shit together. Also it's over the Internet, so latency is an issue. But there's potential.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:06 am 
x

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
TSL 3 has been really good. MLG is good. GSL is good.

NASL is pretty fail so far. A bunch of matches that I don't care about with bad casting. InControl seems ok when he is casting toss games. Gretorp is just horrible.

GSL needs to ditch DOA after this season. Doa is this square white guy who tries very hard to be funny. Everything he says is awkward and lame.

As much as I like GSL over any other league, it bothers me a little that their commentators have so little SC2 accomplishments. Sure, they're funny and entertaining, and of course they offer analysis, but I'd value their opinions much higher if they had actually achieved anything like InControl.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:09 am 
7VlesSiah

That a joke? Artosis was a top foreign player in SC and a top player during the SC2 beta. He is one of the few foreign players to legitimately qualify for the GSL.

Even while casting full time the guy is high master on the US server(playing with lag) and masters on the Korean server. He has played all three races, most notably Zerg and Toss. He is also an encyclopedia of build orders for builds seen on all servers and races.

Add to that, that Artosis is a comedic genius and you have the best Sc2 caster in the world.

InControl only knows the builds he uses for toss and seems incapable of talking about higher strategy and game plans. He generally just talks about whatever battle is happening at the time. It is pretty horrid.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:21 am 
turtleman@can

I agree about artosis, I used to find him annoying but his personality has definitely grown on me, he is pretty funny and knowledgeable. incontrol reminds me of a dumb jock that likes the sound of his own voice with an abrasive personality and gretorp is like this passive little bitch with no personality. terrible combination of casters

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:43 am 
SuperSly

reason why Husky owns..

Whoa! WhoooOooOoooOOa!
Spawning on Lost Temple?
Whoa! WhoooOooOoooOOa!

Man that map’s so imba for Terran
Whoa! WhoooOooOoooOOa!

Alright GL HF lets go!
I love my Protoss
I really do

But those Marauders
Turn Toss to goo
I switched to Zerg
Yeah, I switched so fast
And I will never ever ever be out massed

Are you a newbie?
Scrub quit playin’
Try Mass Reaper
Go transition
If you’re Diamond
You’re the worst I’ve ever seen
Just try to move out with your Mass Marines
And I’ll be like

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Banelings Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Source: LYBIO.net

Like a deadly green landmine, mine

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

Versus you
I’d win with whatever
Lifting your buildings
Yeah, you sure are clever
And I wanna keep my cool
But you won’t GG
You need to leave the game
You need to be less lame
Your base in pieces
Zero SCV’s
My lings will own you
Yeah I’ve got them on a Hotkey
You’re going down
Down
Down
And I just can’t believe
No more Marines are around for my

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
On LYBIO.net you can find - The Largest community of social networking with text-script-video blogging service. http://www.lybio.net

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

Source: LYBIO.net

[Husky]
You think you PWN3D ME?!
Say I should GG?!
n00b I’ll tell you what
The only thing OP is Me!
I’ll lift my buildings up
And take them to the island
Do a Destiny Cloud Fist build
Thirty minutes in the game
You don’t know where I went
Do you even scout?
Boy you don’t know what’s up!
Get my Marauders
In my Dropships
Take ‘em to your base
And now I’ll BLOW YOU UP!
You got no workers now
You got no buildings now

This is kinda embarrassing

[Husky]
Ain’t even
Got no

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Whoooooa!
Banelings
Banelings Banelings
Ohhhhh!

[Overlapping]
G,G,G
G,G,G
G,G,G
G,G,G
Now I’m Terran
Now I’m Terran
Terran

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:25 am 
x

quote:
That a joke? Artosis was a top foreign player in SC and a top player during the SC2 beta. He is one of the few foreign players to legitimately qualify for the GSL.

Even while casting full time the guy is high master on the US server(playing with lag) and masters on the Korean server. He has played all three races, most notably Zerg and Toss. He is also an encyclopedia of build orders for builds seen on all servers and races.

Add to that, that Artosis is a comedic genius and you have the best Sc2 caster in the world.

InControl only knows the builds he uses for toss and seems incapable of talking about higher strategy and game plans. He generally just talks about whatever battle is happening at the time. It is pretty horrid.

Artosis was a SC1 pro gamer and did well in the beta, but neither of those is the full SC2. Doing well in those doesn't mean you do well in SC2 today. He hasn't done anything but quality for GSL Season 1 Ro64, which isn't what I'd consider a great accomplishment for somebody supposed to be analyzing the top players of the game to the highest degree.

I like Artosis, he's entertaining and a big reason why I buy GSL every season. Even among the notable foreigners he's not on their level. He's 0-4 so far in NASL. I like him, but I can separate liking him from thinking he's an accomplished pro gamer.

InControl isn't the best foreigner, either, but among recent wins, he seems to be doing much better than Artosis.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:06 pm 
DrunkeN

Who cares about Artosis's accomplishments in sc2, the guy knows his sc2. He can break down a game better then any commentator out there. His game knowledge is very high. InControl doesnt have a great excitement voice, but he is damn good on The SOTG.

BTW more hate on Husky he describes everything like I use to in the 5th grade with "super" He uses that word so much it hurts my head. This is only from me listening to him for the TSL havn't heard anything else.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:28 pm 
turtleman@can

i don't even think being a high level player qualifies you to be a better caster. If I watch 500 games, then how is my understanding (in terms of casting the game) any less than a guy who's played 500 games? It does give you some credentials I suppose, but personally I don't really care just because I'm the kind of guy that thinks I could beat anybody if I had the time to practice. I don't really subscribe to the whole fandom thing with starcraft 2. I just like watching high level games and somebody who's entertaining and competent enough to explain what's happening to cast them.

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:53 pm 
SuperSly

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
i don't even think being a high level player qualifies you to be a better caster. If I watch 500 games, then how is my understanding (in terms of casting the game) any less than a guy who's played 500 games? It does give you some credentials I suppose, but personally I don't really care just because I'm the kind of guy that thinks I could beat anybody if I had the time to practice. I don't really subscribe to the whole fandom thing with starcraft 2. I just like watching high level games and somebody who's entertaining and competent enough to explain what's happening to cast them.

It's same thing with Husky, I like watching his vids because they're free. And he is a very funny caster, including the fact that he knows what he talking about most of the time. Especially when it comes to Toss, but he fairly knowledge in Ter and zerg.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 am 
x

I think Artosis overall is the best caster out there, hands down--entertaining and smart guy. My complaint isn't a big one, but when he's "certain" things will happen, like this guy gets automatic win because of this strategy, or this guy's gonna do that, it's not uncommon for him to get it wrong. Not that it's a big deal, it just slightly subtracts from his credibility every time it happens. Just happened with the GSL Kyrix matchup.

I think the only reason I noticed this (and cared at all--usually I don't) was because I saw a cast from PainUser cohosting with HD, and PainUser called basically the entire game in detail before stuff happened, getting everything right. Was impressive. And I thought that PainUser, having moderate recent success as a gamer, was able to see at deeper levels than somebody who primarily casts.

But as I mentioned, I'm 99% happy with Artosis, and this isn't really a big deal. It was just cool hearing the "extra" stuff an accomplished gamer like PainUser added and his pinpoint accuracy in calling outcomes.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:51 am 
7VlesSiah

I think you are trying to connect things that just aren't connected.

Painuser commentates a game well. Good for him. I'm sure if he keeps at it he'll make a few off calls.

I don't like HDStarcraft. The guy sounds like a douchebag. I've kept subscribed to Husky since the beta because he has some interesting Mod videos. In general I will not watch his vids.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:14 pm 
terror-kahn

i like how not a single person has to replied to what sly has said .. and he still continues to talk as if he is part of the conversation

http://www.youtube.com/ClanAbsoluteSynergy

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:15 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Frostbitten

quote:
Originally posted by terror-kahn
i like how not a single person has to replied to what sly has said .. and he still continues to talk as if he is part of the conversation

don't break the cone of silence

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:20 pm 
x

quote:
I think you are trying to connect things that just aren't connected.

Painuser commentates a game well. Good for him. I'm sure if he keeps at it he'll make a few off calls.

I don't like HDStarcraft. The guy sounds like a douchebag. I've kept subscribed to Husky since the beta because he has some interesting Mod videos. In general I will not watch his vids.

You may be right--I was impressed with PainUser and his higher accuracy/deeper understanding than what I'm used to getting from Tastosis, and attributed that to him being a top SC2 player, then connected InControl on that logic.

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:09 pm 
][)K~VioLeNt

Trumpsc on justin.tv

Post Sat May 07, 2011 2:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

GomTV has gotten pretty bad. I find the code A casters unwatchable. In particular DOA.

Post Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 am 
turtleman@can

yeah I subscribed again for 10 bucks because everyone was talking about this epic game 5 tvz in the semi finals and I needed to watch it immediately, it was an ok game but definitely regret buying another pass, I haven't found any good games. And I agree, the up/down league games are crap. I don't mind the announcers but they're certainly not worth paying for.

Post Fri May 20, 2011 6:14 pm 
KingHillBilly

stop watching a shitty game imo

Post Fri May 20, 2011 6:37 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote