FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

A Zerg Strategy for ZvP

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
AGNB

A Zerg Strategy for ZvP

Okay so this is a build i've been using in certain games. It is good against most Toss builds, especially FE builds.

The zerg goes pool first into FE. early Evo for ling upgrades, need them ASAP. Basically, you are playing with ONLY lings early on.

When their FE gets up, they will have 6-10 gate units, and a bunch of sentires. It is a HUGE help (almost necessary, but not quite necessary) that you attack their expansion with about 16-24 lings, the object is to get them to use up force fields, after they FF it is best to just run back and save as many lings as you can, unless you can snipe a bunch of probes... you dont need to do ANY damage, as long as you can reduce their sentry mana.

After this, you should have stacked about 800-1k gas, you need to have thrown down a spire as soon as lair, and you should be able to pump out 8-10 mutas. at this point you can also take a 3rd if youve done any damage. You NEED to be scouting to see if they are building a big army and prepping for some kinda 5gate push or something, you might need to throw down a RW or spines to defend this. Hopefully your ling attack put them on their back feet for ~30 seconds.

You use the mutas to harass like an animal, they are VERY good for keeping toss on their back foot.

Here is the critical part, before toss gets 3rd up. You get a massive amount of lings, a SHITLOAD, and you get a baneling nest.

If the protoss went collosus or voids (they can't really go voids because mutas RAPE voids) so lets assume they are like 6 gate with collosus. They are now producing more gas dependent units and less sentries.

You get a massive amount of lings and as soon as bling speed is done, make 24-32 banelings.

This battle can either happen when they first try to move out (keep the xel towers so that you can catch their army) or you can make the attack, I have had great success waiting for them to make their first scout/push out of base)

When you attack, use the lings only to surround, the banelings will absolutely obliterate every ground unit (it is EXTREMELY hard for them to forcefield out all of your banelings) and you use your mutas to clean up and contain. You can now mass expand.

This is a changeup strategy to all of the roach-hydra into corruptors into re-maxing with hydras after your army gets obliterated vs Protoss.

The build can be nice, try it out.

I've beaten Protoss up to about 3300 Masters with it and alittle higher in customs. I lost about 2-300 ladder points because I have had a heinous problem with my computer where my power supply can't support my video card so I have about 40 disconnects in my last 100 games ; ( but I still play cause I don't give a fuck about my rank.

Lastly, im planning on playing in the SC2 tournament at PAXEast March 12, so ill let you all know if I go to rip it up.

Post Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:38 pm 
turtleman@can

You know, I normally do a similar build vs a FE except I don't let up on air control. If they go phoenix - I go corruptors. 12-14 mutas and 5-6 corruptors will pretty much wreck anything until they get out templars.

I also mass lings to delay their FE if they're doing some sentry build. If they go cannons, I basically tech straight to lair and get mutas in their mineral line before they even have stalkers out which forces them to throw up even more cannons while u get huge.

My win rate vs toss is like 90% using this strategy. It pretty much works 100% of the time vs any FE builds. The only times I lose are when they mass sentries and then transition into a 4 gate with mass zealots. This pretty much demolishes you since your crawlers/lings can't hold that unit composition.

Post Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:29 pm 
AGNB

Tman, crawlers and lings can hold off zeal/sentry... 3-4 crawlers holds off any 4 gate, especially with lings.

The only thing you are missing is the banelings, the whole glory of the strategy lies in the blings.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:28 am 
turtleman@can

yeah i'm just saying that vs a 4 gate sentry/zealot push when they realize that I have no roaches and i've overdroned. You basically need to stop droning at like 24 food if u want to hold off a 4 gate.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:27 am 
Rat

what kind of newbies are u guys playing. blink stalkers eat mutas.

Post Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 am