FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

BTDP Orc Final Mission

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
cureonice

BTDP Orc Final Mission

..is a pain!!! Basically I tried this mission a few months back and I just couldn't do it, my guys just get hammered once I start to invade. The biggest problem are those arrow-cannon things, y'know, cannons, but insteads of cannon balls it's arrows (forgot the name). And gryphons are a big problem aswell. I tried to the method that the guy says on Gamefaq but A gryphon comes in before I'm even able to get on tower up and kills my peons so it's game over. Does anyone have a good strategy for this mission? It's just so damn difficult.

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:28 pm 
The_G0D

$paCe

Post Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:45 pm 
RamJam

It's been about 10 years since I've played it if that's the one with the heroes, there's a few tricks to beating it. Deathwing can kill the castle in the top mid part of the screen by himself off the start. When you invade, lead with your cats with your guys following it, and when you flush out the enemies micro your axers/grunts/ogres to kill them without losing your cats. Use the cats to take out the towers. You should only lose a couple guys with good micro since the computer is dumb. From there put up a bunch of towers, have ogres on stand ground ready to kill ballistas, and coil the gryphons. Once you get your economy started it's pretty simple. I think I've beat almost every level in that game except for the water levels with only using archers and towers. You can mass dragons, micro dks (computer is a bitch with paladins though), or use bloodlusted ogres to take over enemy bases too. The key is to take over other mines as soon as you get your defense settled. If you are still struggling just slow down the game speed. Fog of war off makes it easier too but that's cheating imo.

Post Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:41 am 
gelanyi

Encountered this issue .. the other problems so we can not know when .....

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:11 am 
Belfaguro

Hail.

I'm trying this mission for the first time.

It's been a while since I played WC2 for the last time. At the good times I tried to play online, too. I never got this far in the SP campaign, however.

Could you please explain me what do you mean by "coil griphs"? With Death Knights? I checked the strategy on GameFAQS and it suggests to destroy only a few towers and enemy units, then go south-east and build your base near the 60k mine. But it's a very narrow place, hard to defend and it requires time to chop all those trees to make room and build everything you need.

I tried to assault green castle directly and take his mine but I lost almost everything during the attack; I started my settlement but I only resisted a few enemy attacks befire getting killed.

Post Fri May 27, 2011 11:26 am 
manzon

quote:
Originally posted by Belfaguro
Could you please explain me what do you mean by "coil griphs"? With Death Knights?

1) Select a Death Knight unit by left clicking it with your mouse.
2) Press "C" on your keyboard.
3) Now, to coil the Gryphon Rider* unit you wish to harm, left click it with your mouse. **
4) Repeat.

* "griphs" is short for Gryphon Riders.
** You need at least 100 mana on your Death Knight.

Post Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Belfaguro

Thanks. Very exhaustive. You forgot to say "turn on PC". Very Happy

So the tactics is: attack towers with catapults, lure enemy troops out and kill them with grunts/ogres. If Griphs approach, attack them with DKs.

Should this work?

Post Fri May 27, 2011 11:51 am 
cureonice

Hey again errbody, I just tried this mission again and can I do it? Noooo, I even tried your advice RamJam but it's just so difficult. I'm on the slowest speed possible but I just can't do it. Does anyone think they could upload a video on youtube showing how to do it on slowest speed? Or whichever speed you prefer, cause I just can't do it Sad

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:50 am 
RamJam

I'd record a video for you but I lost my CD key. If anyone has one I could use I'll do it.

Post Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:38 pm 
$paCe

quote:
Originally posted by cureonice
..is a pain!!! Basically I tried this mission a few months back and I just couldn't do it, my guys just get hammered once I start to invade. The biggest problem are those arrow-cannon things, y'know, cannons, but insteads of cannon balls it's arrows (forgot the name). And gryphons are a big problem aswell. I tried to the method that the guy says on Gamefaq but A gryphon comes in before I'm even able to get on tower up and kills my peons so it's game over. Does anyone have a good strategy for this mission? It's just so damn difficult.

quote:
Originally posted by The_G0D
$paCe

good times from when the_god was a paranoid schizophrenic

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 am 
The_G0D

was? fuck u u smurfing cunt i know what u want from me but iwont let u have it NONONO you and your cuntrag buddies can lick my nuts maaaaaan

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:15 am 
Winchester

The way i got rid of the large amount of enemies was having Teron Gorefiend cast Unholy Armour on the death knight (makes a unit unkillable while its in effect) + haste on it then having that death knight run in and get all enemys on him then casting death and decay, then let cats deal with towers and let Deathwing deal with pink, who I would cast bloodlust on with Dentarg and haste also with Gorefiend or the 2nd death knight, if gryphons come before base is built, just deal with them with the axe throwers, then let guard towers deal with them after base is built.

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:53 am