FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

my zvz strat

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
turtleman@can

my zvz strat

I get really fast banelings/sunken and queen. Then I get a roach den and tech to roach upgrades after my 2nd queen on 1 base. This strat never lets me down. I stop all the early ling/bling bs with my sunken/queen and blings(and usually have a few roaches out as well before they first hit) . If they tech straight to roaches then I'm on their ass early with my roaches/blings. I can usually slide in my blings to their drones and take out quite a few.

This strat completely fucks up any heavy ling/bling builds that most people use because your roaches soak up the damage while your blings take out their entire army. It's not as effective vs blind roach play so the important thing is to send your lings out early and morph them in their base before they can pop out any roaches, and retreat if they are making lings.

The only trouble I have with this strat is on large maps when the opponent just blindly FEs into heavy lings/mutas since your roaches are too slow to stop it. I think it's still good though if I recognize the FE and counter FE early, and just play defense at my choke point and move into hydras/infestors. But otherwise it's a pretty solid strat. I never lose to early all in shit. If the game ends early, it's because I won. Most of my zvz games turn into epic games because I use this, so it pretty much stops any bad players from taking wins from me.

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:50 am 
Tyrus

Rush to lust fuck the rest im the best

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrus
Rush to lust fuck the rest im the best

Counter this with mutas

Post Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:32 pm 
Sparkz102

Re: my zvz strat

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
I get really fast banelings/sunken and queen. Then I get a roach den and tech to roach upgrades after my 2nd queen on 1 base. This strat never lets me down. I stop all the early ling/bling bs with my sunken/queen and blings(and usually have a few roaches out as well before they first hit) . If they tech straight to roaches then I'm on their ass early with my roaches/blings. I can usually slide in my blings to their drones and take out quite a few.

This strat completely fucks up any heavy ling/bling builds that most people use because your roaches soak up the damage while your blings take out their entire army. It's not as effective vs blind roach play so the important thing is to send your lings out early and morph them in their base before they can pop out any roaches, and retreat if they are making lings.

The only trouble I have with this strat is on large maps when the opponent just blindly FEs into heavy lings/mutas since your roaches are too slow to stop it. I think it's still good though if I recognize the FE and counter FE early, and just play defense at my choke point and move into hydras/infestors. But otherwise it's a pretty solid strat. I never lose to early all in shit. If the game ends early, it's because I won. Most of my zvz games turn into epic games because I use this, so it pretty much stops any bad players from taking wins from me.

send out a late drone to scout the potentially finished expo, wont mess up ur econ and seems like it could be done intime b4 ur strat gets foiled, built up too heavy, or in time to re-counter

Post Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:49 pm