FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

soccer thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jon;

soccer thread

do you watch the English premier league and MLS?
i'm a newb but with the EPL season just starting recently i'm going to start following it

also i found out David Beckam plays for the Los Angeles Galaxy (wtf is up with the gay team names in the MLS, and isn't that similar to a WNBA team name) , but he rarely plays. I thought he was like retired, Laughing . He apparently didn't play in the world cup cause of an injury.

Toronto FC owns all

Last edited by Jon; on Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:09 am; edited 3 times in total

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:52 am 
Yay

mls is pretty stupid. i watch a ton of EPL and champions league when i have time and have been following liverpool for several years. la liga, bundesliga, and serie a are probably the only other leagues worth watching. luckily the us is getting a ton more coverage recently.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Jon;

i got to watch MLS to see how the Canadians are doing, no Canadian footballers in the EPL, jesus fuck!

Dwayne De Rosario owns

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:14 am 
MassiveAttack

MLS is boring. I tried watching it, but most of the teams in the league can barely pass the ball to each other consistently. Beckham...I'm pretty sure he played like 1 or 2 1/2 years of his contract at the Galaxy and asked to be loaned to AC Milan so he could make a roster spot on Cappelo's team (England National Team's new head coach at the time). He played well with AC Milan, but ended up tearing his ACL and thus probably ending his international career.

EPL looks to be really good. Chelsea seems to still be the cream of the crop though they've destroyed their opposition 12-0 in the first two games. Arsenal, Manchester United, and Tottenham all have a chance to crack at them, but more than likely I think it'll be Chelsea. I'm a Tottenham fan (they got like 3 Croatians...bout to sign another one for a backup goalie, he may even start if he gets lucky (Stipe Pletiklosa).

You should be excited for Champions League, the groups have been drawn and there isn't anything similar to it in any sport. Elite clubs from all different countries meeting in groups and eventual playoff to see who can be named the best in the world, pretty cool stuff. Last years final was Bayern Munch (German Club) against Inter Milan (Italian). Inter won and denied Bayern the treble (Win Champions League, League Title, and League Tournament). My boy Ivica Olic was on fire during the Champions League he totally dominated it was amazing.

There is another consolation tournament called the Europa Cup, which in my opinion is very worthy of watching teams like Shalke 04, etc., pretty much the ones who fall short of making it to the Champions League get another shot in another tournament.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:33 pm 
Jon;

Hhahaha, you're right. I think i can make it into the MLS. I was watching Toronto FC, and their goalkeeper had the ball, he threw it to one of his teammates, but the teammate couldn't get a hold of it and it went out of bounds.lolol, i was wondering are these guys pros?

quote:
Originally posted by MassiveAttack

You should be excited for Champions League, the groups have been drawn and there isn't anything similar to it in any sport. Elite clubs from all different countries meeting in groups and eventual playoff to see who can be named the best in the world, pretty cool stuff. Last years final was Bayern Munch (German Club) against Inter Milan (Italian). Inter won and denied Bayern the treble (Win Champions League, League Title, and League Tournament). My boy Ivica Olic was on fire during the Champions League he totally dominated it was amazing.

this sounds interesting, will have to check it out for sure

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:38 pm 
MassiveAttack

Here's a good link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGIGhG-b7AE&feature=fvst

mind you most of them are chip in goals (his motor is nonstop and is always aware of where the ball is..he seems to do the same thing for the Croatian National Team, but the goals he scored that took skill came in the dying moments of the game and they were magnificent, especially his 90th minute goal against Manchester United in the quarterfinals of the Champs League where he runs through the D to pick up the ball and to keep hope alive for the next game it was epic).

Sorry the music blows lol

Probably his best goal right here, but the quality is shit on the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DastCJbNVbQ&feature=related

Last edited by MassiveAttack on Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Here's a good link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGIGhG-b7AE&feature=fvst

mind you most of them are chip in goals (his motor is nonstop and is always aware of where the ball is..he seems to do the same thing for the Croatian National Team, but the goals he scored that took skill came in the dying moments of the game and they were magnificent, especially his 90th minute goal against Manchester United in the quarterfinals of the Champs League where he runs through the D to pick up the ball and to keep hope alive for the next game it was epic).

Sorry the music blows lol

heh, I'm so newb I'm reading the wikipedia article on the uefa champions league,.. and apparently it's the most watched sporting event, up there with the superbowl. impressive.
so this gets more viewers then the world cup?

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:57 pm 
MassiveAttack

Olic scored 7 goals in the Champions League only 1 less than leader Lionel Messi (regarded as a Top 3 player in the world). Odd he scores goals in important moments because he doesn't score consistently. Forgot he got a hat trick in the semi-final against Lyon was pretty good. I'm excited to see this years Champions League.

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:00 pm 
Jon;

watcihng the euro 2012 qualifiers, england beat the fuck out of the swiss

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:02 pm 
MassiveAttack

ahh England beautiful choke artists in the World Cup this year...like wow they were entirely nervous the entire tournament, but during qualifying they dominated.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:25 pm 
Biggs.

You are forgetting Manchester City as a candidate for Premier League Champion. The new signings make it top3 in England for sure. Yaya Toure, Balotelli, Silva, Boateng... And their team was already crazy good with Tevez, Kolo Toure, Zabaleta, James Milner, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Bellamy and Santa Cruz. They got the names, lets see if they can play as a team.

IMO putting Tottenham between the best teams in England is not very objective.

And yes, Champions League is the best tournament by far. Teams play their best, and that is better than any team from the world cup. Mainly because of training every day together for many years, something that doesn´t happen in the WC.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:13 pm 
Jon;

portgual lost to norway Laughing

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:22 pm 
MassiveAttack

quote:
Originally posted by Biggs.
You are forgetting Manchester City as a candidate for Premier League Champion. The new signings make it top3 in England for sure. Yaya Toure, Balotelli, Silva, Boateng... And their team was already crazy good with Tevez, Kolo Toure, Zabaleta, James Milner, Wright-Phillips, Adebayor, Bellamy and Santa Cruz. They got the names, lets see if they can play as a team.

And yes, Champions League is the best tournament by far. Teams play their best, and that is better than any team from the world cup. Mainly because of training every day together for many years, something that doesn´t happen in the WC.

...lol Manchester City was supposed to be a top 4 team last year and they didn't get it? Just because you sign big players does not mean the dividends will pay off in the end. They can get Top 4, but I still think Champion belongs to Man United or Chelsea. Arsenal has a better shot then City does for 1st. Man City is just too inconsistent, once they find their rhythm they'll I'll jump on their bandwagon its a bit too early still.

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:54 pm 
Jon;

quote:
ahh England beautiful choke artists in the World Cup this year...like wow they were entirely nervous the entire tournament, but during qualifying they dominated.

half their team cheats on their wives with prostitutes and get drunk as fuck and smoke weed all day

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:37 pm 
MassiveAttack

lol

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:39 pm 
Biggs.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Biggs.

...lol Manchester City was supposed to be a top 4 team last year and they didn't get it? Just because you sign big players does not mean the dividends will pay off in the end. They can get Top 4, but I still think Champion belongs to Man United or Chelsea. Arsenal has a better shot then City does for 1st. Man City is just too inconsistent, once they find their rhythm they'll I'll jump on their bandwagon its a bit too early still.

Manchester City is currently 2nd, time is and shall prove me right.

Post Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:55 pm 
Jon;

ukraine is suppose to be like top 30 in the world, canada tied them a couple weeks ago, jajajajajajaja

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:15 pm 
Biggs.

Manchester City going strong in the premier league, just one point behind Chelsea. Lets see if they can keep up with this during the whole season, but I told you guys they were the team to pay attention to.
I`m watching Tottenham getting smashed by Inter right now. I`ve got to admit Bale is quite good.

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:05 pm 
MassiveAttack

Long season man we'll see. I'm disappointed in Tottenham. Kranjcar is sitting on the bench and he scored 3 great goals for the national team, yet he's sitting while Modric is still a bit banged up.

Post Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:05 pm 
Jon;

Man City 0-3 Arsenal

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:35 pm 
Biggs.

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
Man City 0-3 Arsenal

That sucks for my predictions, but i`m happy Arsenal won. They are, alongside Barcelona, the team with the most beatiful football in the world of the last decade. They could win something for a change though...

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:16 pm 
MassiveAttack

Agreed. Its too bad they don't keep their young talent when they get older.

Post Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:26 pm 
MassiveAttack

Tottenham lost against Man U 2-0...City lost against bottom table Wolverhampton 2-1

Post Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:07 pm 
Kalmah

lol guys have you seen the goal made by nani on that manu vs tottenham ? =D

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:59 am 
MassiveAttack

I read it was some odd goal, I'll find it on youtube.

OMFG. LOL. What an idiot. Put in Pletiklosa! That is weird, it looked like a free kick because of the dive...hmmm stupid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6akXipoMyQ

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 am 
TheDRAX

News Flash: Soccer blows.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 pm 
MassiveAttack

News Flash: Who gives a fuck.

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:50 pm 
TheDRAX

News Flash: That is exactly what I am saying!

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:08 pm 
Jon;

he's saying who gives a fuck what you think, get out stupid bitch

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:23 pm 
TheDRAX

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
he's saying who gives a fuck what you think, get out stupid bitch

That is exactly what I'm saying!

Post Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm