FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

soccer thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Jon;

probably trying to get some world cup experience as canada soccer has abysmal management and shows no signs of improvement. de guzman is a dumb scrub though that will never see minutes with a talented netherlands squad.

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 pm 
Shotgun_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8NIaLvSjag

KENNEDDYYYYYYYYYYYY SEE YOU IN bRAAAZZILLL NOOOBS

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:10 pm 
Jon;

yea right, world cup will probably be cancelled

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:11 pm 
Fast Luck

lol australia ekeing it out vs iraq

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 pm 
Shotgun_

Iraq are actually a pretty good team

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:29 pm 
MassiveAttack

Iraq nearly qualified for last World Cup...how is Australia struggling against them a surprise? Australia isn't really a powerhouse at all, they have a decent squad, but they play in a easy region, much like the U.S.

They beat Australia in last year's qualification and lost to them 1-0 in both matches....so, yea. Just like the CONCAF, the Asia Region isn't that difficult considering 6 teams advance in the final 2 groups (4 automatically by top pt total and the other 2 to a playoff).

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:38 pm 
Jon;

spain won euro u21, does spain win every soccer championship ?

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:44 pm 
Shotgun_

Only 4 sides go through, one gets a chance to play off for it, where they have to win two, 2 game legs

Post Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:29 pm 
woofy

we all know new zealand will be the only undefeated country in brazil again Wink

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:01 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
quote:
Originally posted by MassiveAttack
Iraq nearly qualified for last World Cup...how is Australia struggling against them a surprise? Australia isn't really a powerhouse at all, they have a decent squad, but they play in a easy region, much like the U.S.

They beat Australia in last year's qualification and lost to them 1-0 in both matches....so, yea. Just like the CONCAF, the Asia Region isn't that difficult considering 6 teams advance in the final 2 groups (4 automatically by top pt total and the other 2 to a playoff).
iraq sucks, they went 1-5, 2 draws in qualifying. they finished in last place. they did worse than oman

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:43 am 
Jon;

i'm watching women's soccer friendly, canada vs germany

owend

2015 women's world cup is in canada

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:54 am 
Jon;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_FIFA_Confederations_Cup

tahiti probably want to kill themselves

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:16 am 
Shotgun_

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
quote:
Originally posted by Shotgun_
quote:

iraq sucks, they went 1-5, 2 draws in qualifying. they finished in last place. they did worse than oman

they only condeded 7 goals i think in all 8 games. They are a good team, if you watch them play, not just look at stats. 2-3 REALLY good young players. We all know your lack of soccer knowledge though Very Happy

Post Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:53 pm 
ORKinman2

quote:

No one plays in an easy region. Look at the history of World Cup qualifying, or international soccer in general. You typically don't see blowouts in the international game, even when a relatively small country plays a powerhouse (minus the whole Tahiti deal in the Confederations Cup). There is no such thing as an "easy" qualification process. Try playing an away game in central America where people throw bags of piss and batteries at the players in over 100 degree heat with 90+ percent humidity on fields with laughable conditions and tell me how easy that is?

The only people that say other regions are easy are Eurosnobs only because they realize other countries are beginning to catch up in the international game. It's no secret that UEFA and CONMEBOL are the best regions, but the gap between other confederations isn't as big as the Eurosnobs will have you believe. Not to mention FIFA is probably the world's most corrupt organization and they give a stranglehold to UEFA teams with the seeding process that doesn't allow other confederations to do as well in the World Cup.

Your facts are all jacked up anyway. First off, it's CONCACAF; second the 2 third place teams in Asia conduct a home and away playoff to play against a team in CONMEBOL for a World Cup spot.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:38 am 
~Dakine..HeX

its A LOT harder to qualify in UEFA than any other region, especially asia and concacaf

countries like sweden, ireland, greece, russia, turkey, croatia, serbia, switzerland, ukraine, poland are generally equivalent (or better) to Mexico/USA/Australia/Japan/Korea, but a few of these teams is going to miss the WC every single time.

meanwhile mexico, USA just have to be better than costa rica and honduras (both of which can still qualify anyway)

aus/japan/korea just have to be better than iran and new zealand basically.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:19 pm 
ORKinman2

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
its A LOT harder to qualify in UEFA than any other region, especially asia and concacaf

countries like sweden, ireland, greece, russia, turkey, croatia, serbia, switzerland, ukraine, poland are generally equivalent (or better) to Mexico/USA/Australia/Japan/Korea, but a few of these teams is going to miss the WC every single time.

meanwhile mexico, USA just have to be better than costa rica and honduras (both of which can still qualify anyway)

aus/japan/korea just have to be better than iran and new zealand basically.

New Zealand is in Oceania, which is a confederation on its own. Prior to World Cup 2010, Australia was also in Oceania but petitioned FIFA to be moved to the Asian region for credibility and because Oceania is never given an automatic bid to the World Cup (They are given .5 spots every year where they have to play a home and away playoff with a team from a different region). After Australia moved, New Zealand was the odds on favorite in the region, giving them the chance to qualify for only the second time ever in World Cup 2010.

The same comments led up to 2010 for New Zealand about them getting crushed every game--The result was the only team in World Cup 2010 to go undefeated, including drawing the defending World Cup champions Italy, and playing in a group that included 2 teams from UEFA (Italy & Slovakia) and 1 team from CONMEBOL (Paraguay).

In other words, New Zealand played in a group with the two best regions and held their own. I laugh when countries in CONCACAF are saying the same thing for the 4th place team in the region that has to play a home and away to New Zealand saying it's basically an automatic spot--it isn't.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:34 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

new zealand is shoe-in oceania .5 every qualification now and for eternity presumably, since australia is gone.

so australia japan and korea just have to be better than iran and new zealand, really i shouldve said iran OR new zealand though lol

also italy literally didnt beat anyone that world cup, was lucky for them that france was even more of a terrible dramatic shitshow to somewhat overshadow italys amazing cup defense

edit: and also man i dont doubt you are a big soccer fan, but to say that all the qualification regions are equal is just silly man, you know it is, you know about the sport.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:35 pm 
Shotgun_

NZ and Australia have nothing to do with each other in terms of Qualifying. NZ havent lost a game all qualification period again.

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:43 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

nz plays new caledonia and other nations of that size and sporting quality, so...

also NZ played the 4th (or 5th whatever?) team to qualify for the last WC i think

Post Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:48 pm 
Shotgun_

Still, upsets happen at all levels of football. After they qualified they didn't lose a game in final stages either. Not saying they're great, but you can't really hate on them either.

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 am 
~Dakine..HeX

im not hating on nz, im just saying not all the qualifications are the same difficulty. USA would not qualify for every WC out of eufa, but in concacaf its no problem.

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:27 am 
MassiveAttack

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
im not hating on nz, im just saying not all the qualifications are the same difficulty. USA would not qualify for every WC out of eufa, but in concacaf its no problem.

Post Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:57 am 
Jon;

wow spain getting owned

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:29 pm 
ORKinman2

Nice Gold Cup Canada, the 1-0 loss to Martinique was especially impressive. Teach soccer? LAUGH OUT LOUD! ! ! ! !

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 am 
Jon;

I think our women's team can beat our men's

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:17 am 
Jon;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1XhaBT45I&

usa scores in stoppage time vs panama to draw, helps mexico advance to the play-offs, mexican broadcasters react

haha how the fuck did panama blow that

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:29 am 
MassiveAttack

Such great news that Igor Štimac resigned as Croatia's head coach, dude played such uninspired tactless football. Happy to see Niko Kovač getting his due (captained HNS for much of his career), he was coaching the u-21 team, who are undefeated in UEFA Qualifying at the moment. Possibly a Slaven Bilic-era again? Same circumstances, where Bilic, a former player coaching the u-21 team for a lot of success moves up to coach the senior team. It'll be interesting to see what he does with the roster because he still has ties to some of the players on the team (Kranjcar, Srna, Eduardo, Corluka, Pletikosa, Olic, Vukojevic). I expect them to move out Olic or Eduardo for one of their brighter stars in the u-21 team once this WC is over and done with. I don't see Olic and unfortunately Eduardo (derailed by horrific injury on the team after this campaign).

"I told my players that it's my moral duty to offer my resignation," he explained. "Not because I think I can't finish the job, but because I think it's the right thing to do."

Apparantly first time in Croatia's short history they've had 3 losses in a qualifying stage.

Oh, and really cool seeing Bosnia finally get through to their qualifying stages. They've had some rough playoff matchups for both WC and Euros when they made 2nd place in their groups the last two tournaments. Their offense is extremely dangerous, but their defense is weak - despite their GD in their group, there wasn't anyone to really apply pressure on them offensively.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:38 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1XhaBT45I&

usa scores in stoppage time vs panama to draw, helps mexico advance to the play-offs, mexican broadcasters react

haha how the fuck did panama blow that
the tie ended it for them but then they actually lost heh. the winning goal looks so casual
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qpt23kBTpg

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:02 am 
Jon;

quote:
Such great news that Igor Štimac resigned as Croatia's head coach, dude played such uninspired tactless football. Happy to see Niko Kovač getting his due (captained HNS for much of his career), he was coaching the u-21 team, who are undefeated in UEFA Qualifying at the moment. Possibly a Slaven Bilic-era again? Same circumstances, where Bilic, a former player coaching the u-21 team for a lot of success moves up to coach the senior team. It'll be interesting to see what he does with the roster because he still has ties to some of the players on the team (Kranjcar, Srna, Eduardo, Corluka, Pletikosa, Olic, Vukojevic). I expect them to move out Olic or Eduardo for one of their brighter stars in the u-21 team once this WC is over and done with. I don't see Olic and unfortunately Eduardo (derailed by horrific injury on the team after this campaign).

"I told my players that it's my moral duty to offer my resignation," he explained. "Not because I think I can't finish the job, but because I think it's the right thing to do."

Apparantly first time in Croatia's short history they've had 3 losses in a qualifying stage.

Oh, and really cool seeing Bosnia finally get through to their qualifying stages. They've had some rough playoff matchups for both WC and Euros when they made 2nd place in their groups the last two tournaments. Their offense is extremely dangerous, but their defense is weak - despite their GD in their group, there wasn't anyone to really apply pressure on them offensively.

0-2 lost to scotland is bad

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:14 am 
MassiveAttack

He offered his resignation after the game and Suker (a former legendary player, teammate, and close friend actually accepted it). Happy to see Kovac in there though, when he was captaining the midfield for HNS they were highly competitive team. If they get lucky on a playoff draw they could qualify for the WC, they're still high on the FIFA rankings because of tournament history.

Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:36 am