FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Toss Vs Terran Bio

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

Toss Vs Terran Bio

I'm looking for high level replays of toss vs terran bio. The progression of marine marauder push at the start into a bio ball with medic transports.

I have trouble fighting both attacks especially the MMM ball. I get beat by people ranked far lower than me on ladder by simple MMM balls.

What have I tried? I don't like the collossi tech because the vikings/stim marine seem to own them too easily. I can hold off the first push with heavy stalker, a few meat shield zealots and immortals. I then transition into templars with storm but this does not seem to be enough. Stalker, templar, immortal doesn't seem to be enough to beat a MMM ball that has like 4 medic vacs. I keep storming and storming but they just heal up.

I'm rank about 20 diamond. Terran are just pwning me.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:55 pm 
Frostbitten

sentries with hallucinations of colossus would probably help a lot, they stim to focus down your colossus but when they run by you force field to prevent them from running away again and you get so much free time to attack... just a theory anyway, i'll probably try it next time i 1v1 a terran as toss

zealots, sentries and hallucinations of colossus

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:52 pm 
BanMe

I got some replays but they're at home. One thing is to make sure your storms count, dont waste them while they can micro out of them. Generally try to wait until they've committed to the battle, or you can storm in the middle of his stream of units so walking back will take some guys through it as well. I've done some stuff were I kind of dance a zealot between our armies, baiting them to attack (and for scout) - also helps to pick off medivacs or ghosts with feedback.

It seems to me I need to stay one base vs terran until either he expands, or I have a healthy vs bio tech - 2-3 colossues or 4-5 templar and zealot legs. At that point you have to just watch what he's making - if he goes heavy viking, either compensate with stalkers or immortals. Conversely I try to avoid stalkers if I see he's marauder heavy and go more zealot / specialty unit.

Also I usually open voidrays - Terran doesn't really have a "counter to them". Sure you can micro vikings against them, but in a straight up fight a void ray will still win, so in a big battle void rays are actually really good. I pretty much do as much as I can to avoid gateway units as much else than meat shields these days Smile

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:07 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by Frostbitten
sentries with hallucinations of colossus would probably help a lot, they stim to focus down your colossus but when they run by you force field to prevent them from running away again and you get so much free time to attack... just a theory anyway, i'll probably try it next time i 1v1 a terran as toss

zealots, sentries and hallucinations of colossus

i did this in beta, against good people sometimes you have to build a robotics bay and allow them to scout it.

but yeah sentries rape face, i almost want to buy sc2 because sentries are so OP and i was beating everyone with sentry+stalker blink just about every game

or void ray proxy all in ~

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:42 pm 
NachoCat

is this french or russian?

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:44 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Sypher

Re: Toss Vs Terran Bio

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
I'm looking for high level replays of toss vs terran bio. The progression of marine marauder push at the start into a bio ball with medic transports.

I have trouble fighting both attacks especially the MMM ball. I get beat by people ranked far lower than me on ladder by simple MMM balls.

What have I tried? I don't like the collossi tech because the vikings/stim marine seem to own them too easily. I can hold off the first push with heavy stalker, a few meat shield zealots and immortals. I then transition into templars with storm but this does not seem to be enough. Stalker, templar, immortal doesn't seem to be enough to beat a MMM ball that has like 4 medic vacs. I keep storming and storming but they just heal up.

I'm rank about 20 diamond. Terran are just pwning me.

How can you afford stalkers, immortals, AND templar gas wise? Seems impossible. Your macro must be slipping, which probably contributes quite a bit to outcome.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:01 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

2 base that's how, you cant support templar without 4 gas

Messiah, try feed backing the medivacs not just using storm = no heal

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:46 pm 
kublikhan

Here's a few more replays of high level toss vs terran bio games.(duckloadra = whitera)

(T) pokeroffKas vs (P) DuckloadRa

(P) aTnSocke vs (T) jimpo

casted: Gerper v Isskincom

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:10 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson

Even with 2 base gas, i think it would be impossible to be constantly pumping stalkers, immortals, and templar.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:19 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson

Even with 2 base gas, i think it would be impossible to be constantly pumping stalkers, immortals, and templar.

i ditch stalkers whenever possible vs terran. They are best early game. If you ever really "need" them , you should have forseen that possibility and just have enough gateways to warp in a nice round of 6-7. Otherwise agreed, your gas is so much better spent elsewhere, at least for the critical mass of ownage units (voidray/colossus/templar). After that you can easily add in some stalkers, not to mention they are very fast so catch up to your army quick, thus are even better as "reinforcement" units in that regard.

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:42 pm 
Shotgun_

what is a MMM Ball? I just raped some guy who said MMM Ball is fucking bs and OP. Was that you messiah? Rofl

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:13 pm 
Sypher

marine marauder medivac

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:26 am 
Shotgun_

throw in some vikings and siege tanks and a few ghosts for ultimate pwn

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:15 am 
turtleman@can

why not just make 500 vikings, they attack land and air.

Post Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:03 pm 
kublikhan

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
why not just make 500 vikings, they attack land and air.
Because siege tanks would own them on the ground.

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:14 pm 
7VlesSiah

I still get pwned. My micro and in game decisions are off I think. I always want to engage when I shouldn't. Once I figure it out I'll be godly in every match up.

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:07 pm 
The_G0D

quote:
Originally posted by NachoCat
is this french or russian?

lol'd Laughing

Post Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:46 pm 
BanMe

Found a strat I'm comfortable with. Pretty much void rays into zealot legs, and pump zealot armor. From there you can do whatever seems appropriate- I've been working towards this strat using void+zealot legs but only thought of the armor thing recently. Thing about the AI is it doesn't auto target air, so basically your void rays are free to own unless he gets a ton of vikings, and zealots soak up infantry damage pretty well while void rays kill all (esp with the armor). And if he gets a ton of vikings, so far seems ok since void rays still do ok against them and you should mop up the ground if he doesn't have full bio support.

I'm thinking of ditching templars until I get to 3 base, 600 gas just to get your first templar out with storm and energy upgrade (pretty much need that for templar to be worth it). Here's the last couple

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/55206-1v1-terran-protoss-xelnaga-caverns

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/55208-1v1-terran-protoss-scrap-station

Oh yeah one is on my 2nd account, Ash code 571 - Got an extra copy through work.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 am 
turtleman@can

here's a fun game me and frostbitten played last night
http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/55326-2v2-terran-zerg-scorched-haven

frost held them off with drops for most of the game until I dropped an atomic bomb of muta rape on them

also never play your placement matches at 5 am, we ended up in bronze rofl I think this is one of the two games we actually won.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
Found a strat I'm comfortable with. Pretty much void rays into zealot legs, and pump zealot armor. From there you can do whatever seems appropriate- I've been working towards this strat using void+zealot legs but only thought of the armor thing recently. Thing about the AI is it doesn't auto target air, so basically your void rays are free to own unless he gets a ton of vikings, and zealots soak up infantry damage pretty well while void rays kill all (esp with the armor). And if he gets a ton of vikings, so far seems ok since void rays still do ok against them and you should mop up the ground if he doesn't have full bio support.

I'm thinking of ditching templars until I get to 3 base, 600 gas just to get your first templar out with storm and energy upgrade (pretty much need that for templar to be worth it). Here's the last couple

Oh yeah one is on my 2nd account, Ash code 571 - Got an extra copy through work.

Interesting. You play for 2nd base play basically. You load on probes and sorta play a rope dope style till you get your expansion. I've been cutting probes after 24 as the minerals and gas is fully saturated at that. When I get my expo I chrono from both nexus and quickly saturate the minerals.

I'm wondering how your strat will do versus a hard push where he continues to re-enforce his attacking units. I'm also unsure about what upgrades do well against terran. Zerg I always upgrade my attacks because there is obvious benefits. With Terran I don't upgrade anything other than spells like legs and storm.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:59 pm 
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
quote:
Originally posted by BanMe

Interesting. You play for 2nd base play basically. You load on probes and sorta play a rope dope style till you get your expansion. I've been cutting probes after 24 as the minerals and gas is fully saturated at that. When I get my expo I chrono from both nexus and quickly saturate the minerals.

I'm wondering how your strat will do versus a hard push where he continues to re-enforce his attacking units. I'm also unsure about what upgrades do well against terran. Zerg I always upgrade my attacks because there is obvious benefits. With Terran I don't upgrade anything other than spells like legs and storm.

As far as when to cut probes on one base - 24 on mins, 6 on gas - 30 total

If they keep pushing just gotta use your cliffs to your advantage as much as possible. Notice I got a fast robo on the 2 player map - the game before I got banshee rushed hard, like when i hit his base with 2 void rays. Since you can't really scout a terran I figure the observer is simply essential given that possibility. If you keep it away from his marines it helps alot in knowing when / what to build to skate by as you expand and build up tech. Do the math on the armor upgrades - with void rays he'll be getting lots of marines, every +1 armor upgrade gives your zealots about 15% damage resistance against marines when shields are gone, and 10% resistance against marauders. Pretty damn worth it.

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:05 pm 
7VlesSiah

I don't think that void rush can be a standard opener. I had moderate success with it but it is flawed against certain unit compositions if they scout it and react.

Thanks to kublikan, I found a way to get past the early stages. I find going 1 rax into robo works. Basically if they are going any build with marauders you get immortals and mass zealot. I then tech into zealot legs and then colossi. I only expand if I won a major battle, he expanded, or my colossus is out. I then tech into templars.

Thing to watch out for is that before zealot legs your army is pretty immobile. only push if he is super weak because the terran bio micro will pwn your army. He can just keep stop shooting your shit and you'll take major losses. Even with zealot legs it can be difficult if he is pressing hard and you don't have a colossi yet.

Post Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:41 pm