FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Razer Starcraft ii mouse.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

Razer Starcraft ii mouse.

Starcraft mouse being released by Razer. Sounds good on paper. I'd like to know the weight.

* Lightweight, Finger-Grip 5 Button Mouse
* 5600 DPI Laser Sensor
* Ultrapolling (1000Hz Polling / 1ms Response)
* APM-Lighting System
* Button Force Adjustment
* Always-On™ Mode
* Ultra-large Non-slip Buttons
* 16-bit Ultra-wide Data Path
* 200 Inches per Second and 50g of Acceleration
* Zero-acoustic Ultraslick™ Teflon Feet
* Gold-plated USB Connector
* Braided 7 Foot USB Cable
* Dimensions: 100(L) * 66(W) * 37(H)

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.199816600/categoryId.35208800

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Frostbitten

42 pounds

http://YouTube.com/war2combat | http://YouTube.com/FrostbittenWarcraft | http://www.denverchess.com | http://www.BureauA.com

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:56 pm 
Floy[d]

no way man, all those features..? Heck, I'd say.. 53.25lbs minimum,

Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

another Starcraft II Mouse
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=009

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:30 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

if you buy that you're the biggest sucker

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:32 am 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
if you buy that you're the biggest sucker
this, and blizzard makes a $100 WoW mouse with like 10 buttons; they'll take your money any way they can get it. i play on a 5 year old dell optical mouse with 2 buttons

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:01 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah i saw that WOW mouse in best buy a couple months ago and loled

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:03 am 
turtleman@can

I don't see a problem with people spending a little extra for a mouse with added functionality like hotkeys. I bought a razer salmosa for 40 bucks 3 or 4 months ago iirc and it's been exceptional. Way more fluid feeling and light than any other generic optical mouse I had used beforehand. The buttons feel more responsive and it's a lot faster and precise. It took me a while to get used to it but now it's very natural feeling. I don't know if it's improved my performance since I haven't really been gaming much since I bought it, but it just makes every day use of my computer that much more enjoyable.

Anyway I personally wouldn't spend more than 50 bucks on a mouse for any added functionality but to compare a razer mouse to a regular old generic optical mouse is like comparing a tube television to an HDTV. There is a definite difference, but you don't know what you're missing until you try it.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:51 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

40 dollars isn't that crazy, $80+ definitely is

quote:

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:55 am 
turtleman@can

Well I don't think 80 bucks is that high of a markup for a product with that technology in a niche market but again I agree that there's better ways to spend 80 bucks. But I would definitely suggest to anyone that uses a computer on a regular basis to buy an economical gaming mouse like the razer salmosa and if you're a gamer , I would actually think you would be crazy to not invest 40 bucks in it.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:40 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i play games and have fun fine with my $15 mouse so i think i'd be crazy to spend $40 on a new mouse

quote:

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:41 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
another Starcraft II Mouse
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=009

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:37 am 
foonat

lol

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:40 am 
Sypher

Razer mice suck.

I think my mouse(mx518) was 60$ when I bought it?

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:48 am 
7VlesSiah

If you are going to be playing SCII a lot and need a mouse, you probably want the mouse most ideal for SCII. A few extra dollars is nothing if there is a performance gain. If I am going to get a new mouse I'll get a good one. I'll look at the Logitech g9, steel series xia and kinzu and this new razer mouse. They are all about the same price.

Right now I use the logitech G1 and I am happy with it.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:43 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
If you are going to be playing SCII a lot and need a mouse, you probably want the mouse most ideal for SCII. A few extra dollars is nothing if there is a performance gain.

there's really no reason to think this is "the mouse most ideal for SC2" except for the fact that they paid enough money to get it called as such, but feel free to waste your money. all of the "important" features that would actually have a significant effect on your gameplay you can get on other mice for like half the price. 40 bucks isn't "a few extra dollars"

i'd rather pay $15 for a mouse and use the other $65 to get high as fuck while i'm playing, i rape good enough with a regular mouse thx

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:59 pm 
7VlesSiah

I'd never use a $15 mouse. There is reason to think it is the best mouse for SCII. It has an Apm monitor, 1ms response time, symmetrical shape, adjustable click buttons for hair trigger play... Does it make a difference? I'll need to hear the reviews to find out.

80 bucks for a gaming mouse is no big deal. Many people here have the G9.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:26 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
It has an Apm monitor,

how is that actually useful?

quote:
1ms response time, symmetrical shape, adjustable click buttons for hair trigger play...

all stuff on other mice

quote:
Does it make a difference? I'll need to hear the reviews to find out.

i can tell you now not really. if you're of a similar skill to another guy, like really close, and you have this mouse and they have an old cheap and crappy one, it might help you. but probably not, the better player is going to win at the end of the day. i'm sure a lot of the people i raped at sc2 with my mouse were using fancy, overpriced gaming mice. in fact i know some do for a fact, because some of them post here and have posted about their overpriced gaming mice

quote:
80 bucks for a gaming mouse is no big deal.

maybe if you have no life or hobbies outside of pc games

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 pm 
foonat

when i played world of warcraft i was one of the top arena players in the world and i played on this same shitty 2 button dell mouse with scroll wheel/dell standard keyboard and raped the fuck out of people with their 100 dollar keyboards and 100 dollar mice, you don't need that shit to be good

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
when i played world of warcraft i was one of the top arena players in the world and i played on this same shitty 2 button dell mouse with scroll wheel/dell standard keyboard and raped the fuck out of people with their 100 dollar keyboards and 100 dollar mice, you don't need that shit to be good

yeah i wouldn't be at all surprised if these wow/sc2 mice were almost exclusively used by mediocre players, p sure the majority of pro and skilled players don't care that much about it. once you're at a certain level of skill you realize this stuff is bullshit, its the people who haven't reached that level of skill who are more willing to buy this sort of thing. "$80 is a small price to pay if it'll make me a better player"

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:36 pm 
foonat

yeah they'd see a good player post about using a specific setup and they run out and buy it thinking it'll make them good. in reality it's much closer to what you say: if you are just as skilled as your opponent, and you are both extremely good meaning you are able to take advantage of millisecond faster button presses/hardware reaction, the one with the better gear might have a slight advantage

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:39 pm 
7VlesSiah

apm monitor can tell you when you are slacking. So if you get into a late game and your apms start dropping you'll see it and can adjust accordingly.

I think a regular mouse has a response 4-8 ms. Does 3 ms matter?

Sort of silly to say a piece of hardware will make no difference to your play. That is like saying your swimsuit makes no difference in a 100m freestyle race. Or the type of golf club you use makes no difference in your tournament results.

The cheap mouses have traditionally been used by pro-rts players. It is time for technology to make some advances in this game genre. We'll see if it delivers.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:52 pm 
foonat

what i'm saying is you'll never approach the level of play necessary to obtain any advantage from that stuff. to use your example, if i bought a 542523535325 dollar speedo LZR racer or whatever swimsuit and raced someone in it i'd still be slow as shit because i'm not a good swimmer

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:56 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
apm monitor can tell you when you are slacking. So if you get into a late game and your apms start dropping you'll see it and can adjust accordingly.

it doesn't really work that way bro, knowing you should be having 50 more apm doesn't mean shit if you don't know what you're going to do with that apm. i actually think if you use it like that its going to hurt you because you're paying more attention to your current apm than the actual game

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:59 pm 
7VlesSiah

So what you are saying foonat is that you could beat yourself of yesterday with your new swimming suit. Sounds like a good argument for it.

Ghostnuke you asked for a reason why an apm monitor would be useful, that is one. If your apms drop late game it means your macro is probably slipping. It can help keep you on track. In theory it could be useful. In practice I'd have to see. I know people liked using slowdog's war2observe program to monitor their apms while playing.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:09 pm 
foonat

i didn't say i'd be better with it, i'd still suck shit and it wouldn't be worth the money

i mean if you have cash sitting around and literally have no other use for it and it will make you happy to buy a super mouse, then more power to you, i just think it's a waste of money

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:18 pm 
7VlesSiah

If you are getting a new mouse specifically for scii and you know you are going to spend many hours playing the game, $40 is nothing. It comes down to which mouse performs the best. Do these $50-$80 mouses deliver. I found it really interesting reading the Teamliquid posts for the best rts mouse when I was buying my mouse. Cost was no issue when I got my $30 G1 logitech. I got it because it was one of the best rts gaming mouses and was used by Stork who was one of the best players at that time.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:25 pm 
Fast Luck

It doesn't make near as much difference as your skill level.

If someone's better than you they'll still be better than you. Save $65.

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:41 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
If you are getting a new mouse specifically for scii and you know you are going to spend many hours playing the game, $40 is nothing.

capitalism poisons everything

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:43 pm 
turtleman@can

The major benefit I get from my mouse is just how fluid it is. With generic mice, you have to to move them farther to get your action across a screen, so it's annoying having to constantly reposition your mouse on your mouse pad so it doesn't end up flying all over your desk. I also can whip my mouse pointer across the screen with very little effort and it will stop at the exact position I leave it. If I'm playing war2 , I know sometimes when I kick it into high gear and I'm dualing or something, my mouse hand can't keep up with my brain and I start getting frustrated at how I've got to micromanage my pointer because my mouse sucks. You don't have this problem with the salmosa ™

Post Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm