FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 14

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
kublikhan

Patch 14

Finally, a patch with a Terran nerf and Toss/Zerg buff :)

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 14 (version 0.16.0.15580)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum.

Balance Changes

PROTOSS
Archon
Build time decreased from 17 to 12.

TERRAN
Viking
Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

ZERG
Corruptor
Corruption energy cost decreased from 100 to 75.
Infestor
Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.
Peristalsis upgrade removed.
Overlord/Overseer
Pneumatized Carapace cost increased from 50/50 to 100/100.
Overseer
Infested Terran energy cost decreased from 125 to 100.
Roach
Organic Carapace upgrade removed.
Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.
Ultralisk
Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed.
Health increased from 450 to 500.
Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.
Bug Fixes

Map Publishing: the default Battle.net host now points to the correct server.
Time Expiration notices that were added for testing of the Guest Pass functionality have been removed.
Fixed a crash when trying to open an old replay by double-clicking it in Explorer.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:24 am 
kublikhan

Bah, Patch 12 and older replays are still not working. Patch 13 replays continue to work though....

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:38 am 
7VlesSiah

Terran are just op. Every unit they have is dishes out massive damage and is hard as hell to kill. Tanks are just pissing me off. You can can never attack a terran without taking massive losses.
All thier units are insanely strong.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:15 am 
kublikhan

Blizzard reasoning behind patch 14:

quote:
Originally posted by article
We would like to thank everyone for taking part in the StarCraft II beta. Your contributions to the beta process have been enormous. Each game and every player who has been actively participating has made an impact on the ongoing balance of the game and every game played has brought to light any possible strengths and weaknesses of the various units and races.

While we are getting to the end of this phase of the beta, we still need your participation and feedback for our latest balance changes in patch 14. As we have in previous reports, we have taken the time to explain a bit more about the changes that have been made and our thoughts on them.

Viking- Ground damage decreased from 14 to 12.

The Viking’s damage has been reduced to make them a little less effective on the ground. Massed Vikings were a little too powerful in a few late game scenarios. Vikings have also become very dominant in terran vs. terran matches and we are testing to see if a small damage reduction will make some other units more viable.

Archon- Build time decreased from 17 to 12.

Archons can now merge a little faster so “mid battle merges” will be a little bit more practical.

Ultralisk- Anabolic Synthesis upgrade removed. - Health increased from 450 to 500.- Speed increased from 2.25 to 2.9531.

Ultralisks have been buffed to include their speed upgrade as by default and to give them a little more endurance in big fights. This may or may not be enough to get the Ultralisk ultimately where we want him to be. We will continue testing going forward.

Infestor- Burrowed move speed increased from 1 to 2.- Peristalsis upgrade removed.
Roach- Organic Carapace upgrade removed.- Tunneling Claws now also increases burrowed regeneration rate from 5 to 10.

There are many different upgrades on the zerg, the Roach and the Infestor both had three upgrades. We are reducing and combining these upgrades so the units get a little bit more powerful or so that you have to buy fewer upgrades to complete your units. We have also reduced the cost of several energy abilities on the Zerg that didn’t see a lot of use. We will continue to monitor these abilities moving forward.
StarCraft II Situation Report: Patch 14

Team Liquid discussion about Patch 14

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:21 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
Terran are just op. Every unit they have is dishes out massive damage and is hard as hell to kill. Tanks are just pissing me off. You can can never attack a terran without taking massive losses.
All thier units are insanely strong.

out of everything terran has tanks are probably one of the least op units
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:56 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

out of everything terran has tanks are probably one of the least op units

I'm saying every unit they have is op. They practically have the best everything in the game. Every unit they have is hard as hell to kill, dishes out mad damage, and is relatively cheap and fast to build with little tech tree.

Marauders are walking tanks. Tanks deal massive damage. Vikings best AA, they can kill your shit half way across the map.

Ghost.... Ghost are just imba.

A terran can't even get punished for a bad tech choice. Oh, you detected my clocked Banshee? No problem, I now have a flying tank to complement my walking tanks.

I think terran are just imba right now.

Last edited by 7VlesSiah on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:08 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

they're not that bad, the only terran unit that's really ridiculous is the marauder

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:18 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
they're not that bad, the only terran unit that's really ridiculous is the marauder

Well, throw a few tanks behind them. The trouble is their tech tree costs nothing. They just keep swapping addons.

opponent: "What tech are you going this game?"

Terran: "Same tech I did last game, everything."

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:24 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

if they're all tank and marauder i'm pretty happy since immortals or void rays = easy gg vs that

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:27 am 
BanMe

I did play pretty much my first terran few 1v1 games last night and roflraped a high diamond zerg without even knowing what I was doing, by microing the yes awesome units (marine harass, reaper harass, hellion harass, viking harass, then just build whatever to finish).

But I did also get raped by void + gateways by a toss, and then an all stalker + blink + observer rush while I teched

Post Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:01 pm