Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

What league did you guys place?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

Diamond after placement matches.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:10 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah diamond is making people freak out, its the exact same as platinum. once retail is out they'll have the "pro league" or whatever

pretty much everyone here can get in diamond (or the old plat) because we've all played RTS's for years. you're really underestimating how many complete noobs will never get past silver

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 6:50 am 
Aerasal

i think people are QQing way too hard over the league system. why is it even that important, the point of the game is to have fun.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 7:11 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
i think people are QQing way too hard over the league system. why is it even that important, the point of the game is to have fun.

people care about the logo and number next to their name a lot
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 7:13 am 
foonat

i lost one game to a gayass proxy rush i can't seem to beat on 1v1 maps, i'm in platinum

Post Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 am 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
i lost one game to a gayass proxy rush i can't seem to beat on 1v1 maps, i'm in platinum

bunkers are a must. depending on the location of the proxy you can either get a bunker in between your geyser or right outside the gateways or both. delay your orbital to make a 2nd bunker or 2nd rax

Post Mon May 24, 2010 1:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
7VlesSiah

I was playing blistering sands and had a toss proxy me at the natural. It was so effective when toss does it to toss. Not even sure what a clear counter to it is other than getting an early gateway. Thing is, an early proxy with chrono boost saved for zealots is scarey. Probes aren't good against toss. Toss proxys against terran losses to reaper rush.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 1:39 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

against toss proxy either immediately throw down second gate or if you're really scared put down a choke. if you scout it pull a few probes and out micro his one probe to stop him from making more gates/rebuilding pylons

toss proxy is hugely effective against terran, if you do it right you'll have your gates up before he can he even think about getting a reaper. best way to beat it is bunker like scrub said

quote:

Post Mon May 24, 2010 1:45 pm 
7VlesSiah

Toss proxy loses to a proxy reaper rush. Terran just take off while you lose your base. I rarely proxy a terran because it is like a sure loss if he is going cheese as well.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:12 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
Toss proxy loses to a proxy reaper rush. Terran just take off while you lose your base. I rarely proxy a terran because it is like a sure loss if he is going cheese as well.

most terrans don't proxy though? if you proxy right you get to his base before he can even scout you, once you start building in his base hes on instant defense. this like only applies if you proxy gate from the start, he proxy reapers from the start, and you don't notice his proxy scv with your proxy probe, all of which are incredibly unlikely circumstances

i don't proxy a whole whole lot but its most effective vs terran in my experience, because they have the worst early defense for it. the only thing they can do is make a bunker and go on the defensive, if they have time and resources to make a reaper you did it wrong

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:14 pm 
7VlesSiah

Zealots are slow. Yeah you will get zealots before he has reapers but he'll be able to get 2-3 reapers which can be microd to win the game. You
Cannot afford a base trade.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:31 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

again if you let him get any reapers at all in a proxy you did it wrong. he either took a ton of his scv's off to harass your pylons/gates/zealots, or he didn't and you killed them all. either way he's not mining enough gas and mins to get a refinery, tech lab, and a reaper

watch a replay of a good player proxying. i'd play tonight and make a point to proxy a terran but unfortunately i've had unplayable lag for over a week

quote:

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

basically terran can fight off a toss proxy definitely, but if they do it by making reapers you reaaallllyyyy fucked up your proxy bad

quote:

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 pm 
7VlesSiah

Zealots are slow and your proxy gateway is not at the foot of his refinery. It is not even in his base. Anyway, toss just lose
This.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:42 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Zealots are slow and your proxy gateway is not at the foot of his refinery. It is not even in his base.

ummm, against terran it is in his base. why would you proxy outside his base when he can wall?

like i said, watch a rep and see how good players do it

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:44 pm 
7VlesSiah

Sounds doomed to failure. Let's just say we have differing opinions on what is acceptable risk.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm 
foonat

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
quote:
Originally posted by foonat

bunkers are a must. depending on the location of the proxy you can either get a bunker in between your geyser or right outside the gateways or both. delay your orbital to make a 2nd bunker or 2nd rax
yeah i didn't make a bunker, i scouted it and put down another rax but he hit me with like 6 zealots and i couldn't hold it off. also, i sent my scvs to repair my depot but they didn't repair it? do i have to hit R to make them repair, since i just right clicked and they didn't repair shit =[

im so new lol

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:54 pm 
Scrubbolator

i think you have to hit r to do it, i'm not 100% but i always push r so that's probably why

you can also right click the icon to autorepair

Post Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Sounds doomed to failure. Let's just say we have differing opinions on what is acceptable risk.

that's fine, but good toss players do it on the regular. i've seen several reps of nazgul and nony doing it (against other good players) and winning easily, and i've done it myself. if you don't want to risk it that's fine, i don't proxy a lot myself because i don't like all-in play, but i trust nony and nazgul's knowledge and my first-hand knowledge more than yours, no offense

there's just no way they can get out a reaper without sacrificing all their scv's, and even then they probably won't get one out. bunkers are much worse for you than the reaper

Post Mon May 24, 2010 3:00 pm 
7VlesSiah

You can find reps of cannon rushing inside a base as well. Pretty hard to defend it as good play

Post Mon May 24, 2010 3:23 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

if it wins it wins brah

quote:

Post Mon May 24, 2010 3:24 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Inside proxy gates are really really hard to defend for terran. If you do it, then it usually gives you map control as well. Plus you can always cannon into the bunkers as well. The terran basically has to pull 3/4's of his scvs and attack your gateways because you can put pylons up pretty easily. Also stop scv production and get your barracks asap. At least then you can mule to catch up on economy.

All in all it's a pretty fun strat.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 7:45 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

Proxy rushes lol

p vs p

The easyst way is to not actually choke ur choke with buildings - this is imo is what a proxy rusher wants u to do, as he can just pound on ur plyon

You can get a 5vs3 zealot choke at the top with good mirco

scout after plyon on 9

if you see no plyon at his base obvious proxy

Steps of war

easy with scouting worker scout the proxy spots inside first before scouting his main if u see or expect a proxy stop all worker production 2 gateways down etc try and fight him at the choke 5vs3 then its an easy win

if u worried about proxy that much just gateway on 10 (i do this for zerg and terran anyway)

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:42 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
Proxy rushes lol

p vs p

The easyst way is to not actually choke ur choke with buildings - this is imo is what a proxy rusher wants u to do, as he can just pound on ur plyon

scout after plyon on 9

Steps of war

easy with scouting worker scout the proxy spots inside first before scouting his main if u see or expect a proxy stop all worker production 2 gateways down etc try and fight him at the choke 5vs3 then its an easy win

if u worried about proxy that much just gateway on 10 (i do this for zerg and terran anyway)

No. We're talking 6th probe goes into your base and proxies IN your base. No chance to block the ramp.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:53 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kyr.Luoson

err yea? i said scout inside of ur base before scouting his base Rolling Eyes

Most people proxy just outside like your natural or close by because in most maps the time that probe gets there u will see it go past

if u scout the proxy in ur base at the start or see the worker go in there quick and you still lose then you are a total newb seriously. Stop all worker production, put down 2 gateways use ur probes+ (should be = or just slighty behind) number of zealots.. Bit of mirco .. GG?

Only way you should lose to a proxy is if u dont scout and dont expect it

Post Mon May 24, 2010 8:57 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
err yea? i said scout inside of ur base before scouting his base Rolling Eyes

Most people proxy just outside like your natural or close by because in most maps the time that probe gets there u will see it go past

if u scout the proxy in ur base at the start or see the worker go in there quick and you still lose then you are a total newb seriously. Stop all worker production, put down 2 gateways use ur probes+ (should be = or just slighty behind) number of zealots.. Bit of mirco .. GG?

Only way you should lose to a proxy is if u dont scout and dont expect it

We weren't even talking P v P. Jesus, 4 posts later and you're still arguing the wrong topic.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:11 pm 
7VlesSiah

quote:
Proxy rushes lol

p vs p

scout after plyon on 9

Steps of war

There is no easy about it. If he is getting a 10 pylon proxy gateway, going 2 gateways and saving his chronos for his zealots, you are gonna have trouble.

Normally people will do like a 12 probe gateway and use their chronos on the probes.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 pm 
7VlesSiah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUd5XN39dsA

PVT proxy. It does look tough.

Post Mon May 24, 2010 11:55 pm 
Kith-Kanin

So this is kinda weird...

I did my 5 placements and went 4-1. The one zerg guy I played did a really good muta/ling and his harassment was amazing. Got put in platinum.

Anyways, I played about 15-20 games more and ended up being bumped up to diamond already.

I was only like rank 4 so it seemed weird to get bumped up so fast...

I dunno, the ladder system is quite strange.

Post Tue May 25, 2010 5:19 am 
Scrubbolator

the actual score and rank that you see means very little. everything depends on the internal system that you can't see. you were getting matched with diamond players and winning fairly often so it moved you up quickly

Post Tue May 25, 2010 5:27 am