FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 13
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrubbolator

Patch 13

StarCraft II Beta -- Patch 13 (version 0.15.0.15449)

General

* Map Publishing is now enabled: Using the map editor, you can upload your custom maps to share with the Battle.net community.
* Facebook feature is integrated: Here’s a quick way to expand your social network by seeing who among your existing Facebook friends also has a Battle.net account.
* 3v3 and 4v4 formats are now enabled.
* Numerous updates have been made to the Leagues & Ladders system:

o Removed Copper League and added Diamond League above Platinum League.
o Player ratings start at 0, rather than 1000.
o No longer displays loading screen odds in placement or practice league matches.
o Matchmaking system logic updated.

* UDP is enabled to help improve game performance.
* Numerous performance and stability improvements.

Balance Changes

* PROTOSS

o Sentry

+ Force Fields can now be destroyed by Massive ground units walking over them.

o Void Ray

+ Range decreased from 7 to 6.

o Warp Gate

+ Subgroup selection priority changed from 2 to 3 so that it takes priority over Gateways when selected.

* TERRAN

o Marine

+ Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
+ Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

* ZERG

o Infestor

+ Infested Terran spell removed.
+ Frenzy spell added:

# Costs 25 energy.
# Targets a single biological unit which deals 25% more damage and is immune to snare, stuns, and mind control for 30 seconds.

o Overseer

+ Contaminate spell added:

# Costs 75 energy.
# Targets a single enemy structure which cannot train units or research upgrades for 30 seconds.

+ Infested Terran spell added:

# Costs 125 energy.
# Infested Terrans have the same stats as those previously created by the Infestor and are placed directly under the Overseer when spawned.

o Ultralisk

+ Life decreased from 600 to 450.
+ Damage changed from 25 to 15 (+25 Armored).
+ Damage versus structures increased from 60 to 75.

Hotkey Changes (English Only):

* Zerg Set Worker Rally Point changed from R to G.
* Zerg Spore Crawler changed from W to A to avoid conflict with the Select All Warp Gates hotkey.

Battle.net Interface

* Revamped summary pages for player Profiles and Leagues & Ladders.
* Added a Help system with tech trees and other tips and tricks.
* Removed identifier from the character naming process and added the ability to refer friends for invitation into your party or lobby.
* Updated the Battle.net user interface to consistently use a nested menu system.
* Added in-game blocking and player muting.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 6:54 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
o Marine

+ Stimpack research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.
+ Combat Shield research cost decreased from 150/150 to 100/100.

lol why does terran get completely unnecessary buffs in every single fucking patch
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:04 am 
Kith-Kanin

League and ladder changes seem good.

The balance changes... wtf?

Someone at blizzard must really really love terran. Neither of those spells needed a reduction whatsoever--only thing I can think is they're reducing them to test the waters for upcoming changes. I dunno.

The zerg new spell seems "ok" but with the ultralisk nerf... I dunno. Ultras seemed to die very fast as it was, with 150hp fewer they'll be pretty weak imo.

Force field change is fine. Allows for opportunities to micro, and gives a reason to build massive units.

Overseers seema little more useful now for hit and runs. A flying unit that can shit out mini-terrans.

Nice that they got rid of the identifier... that was a terrible idea.

All in all a decent patch--I just don't see the reason for the terran changes. Earlier stimpack is not cool.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:05 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah earlier stimpack is retarded

the ultra actually might be an indirect buff, since now you can use it to break force fields

i think the force field change is retarded though. all a terran has to do is get a thor and force fields are completely useless, since the thor counter (immortal) has no range. would have been a lot smarter imo to just give force fields hp, making it so you can counter them at any tier without them becoming completely useless as soon as someone makes a ultra/thor/colossus

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:08 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol the more i think about the stim and combat shield buffs the more my brain melts. what the fuck are they thinking

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:14 am 
Kith-Kanin

Overseer contaminate could be basically amazing. You get enough overseers and you can completely shutdown production. Almost seems like it could be borderline broken if used by a pro.

Frenzy will be really good and should help zerg a lot.

I don't like the ultra nerf. Seems silly. They died so fast to begin with. They're just too big of a target and therefore too easy to focus fire.

Terrans... I dunno. Blizzard is just out of their mind. I wouldn't have a problem with stimpack being reduced... if marauders didn't have stimpack.

I think if stimpack was removed from marauders terran would be near perfect.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

blizzard's explanation on b.net forums was that "terrans have to spend too much on infrastructure to be effective" ahahahahahahahahaha

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:29 am 
Fast Luck

Re: Patch 13

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
Are you gonna stop lagging now Hassan?

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:41 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
yeah earlier stimpack is retarded

the ultra actually might be an indirect buff, since now you can use it to break force fields
and you can cast frenzy on it and it goes into beast mode for 30 seconds, which seems long

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:46 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

Re: Patch 13

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
Are you gonna stop lagging now Hassan?

i hope so Sad

and yeah the ultra change actually sounds smart tbqh. now zerg have a counter vs armored units that can be lusted and breaks force field. we'll have to see if an ultra can actually get close to marauders before being disintegrated, but in theory it sounds good. they're at least moving in the right direction

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:55 am 
Fast Luck

i kind of liked identifiers

Post Fri May 21, 2010 7:57 am 
7VlesSiah

So much for my favorite unit the Void Ray. Seems like they will be ineffective as back up in a fight now. Like if you are going against an MMM ball they can't hang back out of vision and they are too fragile to be in target range.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am 
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
Overseer contaminate could be basically amazing. You get enough overseers and you can completely shutdown production. Almost seems like it could be borderline broken if used by a pro.

uh, what? how often did that happen when corruptors had the same ability and cost less gas? Rolling Eyes

Post Fri May 21, 2010 11:15 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
So much for my favorite unit the Void Ray. Seems like they will be ineffective as back up in a fight now. Like if you are going against an MMM ball they can't hang back out of vision and they are too fragile to be in target range.

they still outrange marines

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
uh, what? how often did that happen when corruptors had the same ability and cost less gas? Rolling Eyes

i'm still not sure its a great ability or anything but to be fair you're probably more likely to get an overseer anyway for detection, might be nice to scoot over the other dudes base and corrupt buildings to fuck up a timing push

Post Fri May 21, 2010 11:20 am 
7VlesSiah

I could see it being good to prevent re-enforcements.Do an attack and freeze a few buildings.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 11:51 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah that too

if it works the way the old "corruption" ability on corruptors worked it'll be especially bad for zerg. back then it stopped larva production at hatches too

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 11:54 am 
~Dakine..HeX

hmmm maybe considering a switch to terran

im pretty baffled by the balance changes in this patch

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:53 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

ummm i think its obvious that before this patch terran bioball was way too weak

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:55 pm 
7VlesSiah

my only thinking is that maybe at the pro level of play where they are doing 300 apm, toss are beating terran by a significant margin. Other thought is that the main guy in charge of the changes favorite race is terran.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:57 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i don't think that's true at all though, seems pretty even to me and terran having an edge if anything. that early marauder cheese rush is almost impossible for toss to beat

probably reacting to tons of void ray whining from terrans who can't use their tier 1 50 mineral anti-air unit, nerfed void ray and thought "lets make marines way better too just to be safe!! wouldn't want terran to lose a game ever"

quote:

Last edited by hassan-i-sabbah on Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri May 21, 2010 12:59 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

its really not a huge buff to the mmm ball, but its just another buff in the face of expected marauder nerfs.

the thing that baffles me most is the overwhelming amount of changes to the zerg race with like 1 week left in beta? or at least "phase 1"

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:00 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

150/150 to 100/100 is really good at that stage of the game. with the money you save from researching stim now you're halfway to researching combat shield

most of the zerg changes sound pretty cool imo

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:01 pm 
kublikhan

Dustin Browder, lead designer of Starcraft 2, said internal statistics point to Terran doing the worst of the 3 races in 1v1 and team games. This was 2 months ago, and since then there have been numerous buffs/nerfs to the various units. But it terran are still getting buffs I would guess Dustin still feels terran are weaker in some situations.

As for the zerg, Dustin mentioned they are trying to get some more variety out of the zerg units. Some units, particularly on the zerg side, were seeing little to any use.

quote:
Originally posted by article
What we’re definitely seeing right now is a general weakness in Terrans versus Protoss and Zerg, and this is from stats we have internally. The most interesting thing to us at this stage of the beta is less of what people think is wrong than what we can actually prove is wrong," says Dustin Browder.

"Our internal stats show us that Terrans are down in 1v1 versus Protoss and Zerg, and our internal stats also show us that Terran-Terran teams are also taking a hit in almost every match-up.

- Terrans being down is something we’ve started to address and we’re going to continue to address in the coming weeks, he says.

And, of course, we're still dealing with issues of unit diversity, particularly on the Zerg side.
Terran is doing the worst, says Dustin Browder

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:28 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

dustin browder is an idiot former c&c designer who has a hard on for terran, marauders especially are his personal baby unit

btw thats from 20 days after the beta started, its kinda been months since then. dude probably still thinks terran are weak though

lol especially @ terran being weak vs zerg, what the fuck

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:29 pm 
7VlesSiah

Well, the post I saw said they nerfed the void ray because terran were getting contained by some void strategy. They thought reducing the range by 1 might help out and not affect the balance with pvz much.

I still think it is a joke. I have a lot of trouble vs terran. I've been getting pwned lately be early ghost attacks. The immortal route works but for me is a lot more boring cause you can't really expand till you get a collosus. My experience with it is that you get an early hit with 1-3 immortals that or the terran hits you. Generally you come out even in the battle or toss ahead. 2nd hit favors terran imo and because of that I have trouble expanding. Waiting for a collosus takes too long. That is why I started using voids instead but now they have nerfed it.

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:32 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
I still think it is a joke. I have a lot of trouble vs terran. I've been getting pwned lately be early ghost attacks.

well get ready to really have fun because with stim and shield being cheaper you're going to be seeing those bioball+ghost pushes sooner and more often!!! because you know, bioball+ghost was really weak before

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i don't think the void ray nerf is that bad though, unnecessary but i can live with it. the main reason is probably because on maps like desert oasis void rays could kill your refinery and the terran couldnt do anything because of cliffs. i think it'd be better to not make retarded maps like desert oasis rather than nerfing the whole unit but hey what do i know

i'm just glad they didn't listen to all the noobtards who had suggestions like making the void ray lose charge between targets, rofl

quote:

Post Fri May 21, 2010 1:36 pm 
NeRzyMan

so bnet is down? = (

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:10 pm 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Well, the post I saw said they nerfed the void ray because terran were getting contained by some void strategy. They thought reducing the range by 1 might help out and not affect the balance with pvz much.

I still think it is a joke. I have a lot of trouble vs terran. I've been getting pwned lately be early ghost attacks. The immortal route works but for me is a lot more boring cause you can't really expand till you get a collosus. My experience with it is that you get an early hit with 1-3 immortals that or the terran hits you. Generally you come out even in the battle or toss ahead. 2nd hit favors terran imo and because of that I have trouble expanding. Waiting for a collosus takes too long. That is why I started using voids instead but now they have nerfed it.

as protoss you generally want to expand before terran for 2 reasons

1. you saturate a base much faster than they do, because of chrono boosting probes and the fact that terran makes 2 less scv's to get an orbital

2. terran are much more efficient at mining a single base because of mules

1 base vs 1 base favors the terran unless you're planning a timing push of some sort

if you're having trouble with pvt try to find ways to expand earlier

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by NeRzyMan
so bnet is down? = (

yea and the patch still doesn't seem to be working

Post Fri May 21, 2010 2:45 pm