FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

PVT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

PVT

Late game Terran are so over powered it is a joke. How the fuck you take out MMM? They get enough medic ships it is near impossible.

Also mules are a joke. I'm beating this guy 3 bases to 2 bases but he has equal res. I don't know why they made terran so fucking annoying.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 8:37 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

funny, i just played a game like this yesterday

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4227

disclaimer: this guy does a lot of really dumb stuff (not attacking me sooner, not expanding until really late, guess he was really confident in the patented terran strategy of "mass MMM and attack move"). but when he comes with his last big push at the end i pretty thoroughly rape his bioball and medivacs (despite some pretty fail micro making me lose a lot of temps after i got lazy and realized i had it won) hes 20's platinum for whatever that's worth

summary: colossus is good against MMM, main risk with colli is they can go vikings and hurt you. so a lot of times, especially if they have heavy medivacs, i go templar. psi storm is still really strong, especially against MMM, and feedback is unbelievable vs medivacs. a full energy medivac will die instantly to a feedback, and if its not fully charged it still will have no energy at all. this really fucks up terran players who like to stim. note in the big fight at the end in my replay the guy stims, apparently forgetting i disintegrated all his medivacs, draining his dudes hp and making them even more vulnerable to my psi storm.

mid- game, use force field to split his army in half, use zealots (preferably with charge) to carve up his marauders. if he's marine heavy use guardian shield too. i'm still experimenting with void rays and mostly made a few this game because i was planning on taking him out early, but that failed as you can see. if they're heavy marauder though void ray backup can be pretty deadly, i'm starting to prefer them to immortals vs marauder since immortals kind of have shitty pathing and marauders with conc shell can focus them down pretty fast

theres another game i played yesterday with me using colossus against bioball backed up with tanks that has more mid-game action, trying to upload it but sc2rc is being lame right now. i can try again later if you're interested

[/tldr]

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 8:47 am 
7VlesSiah

That is pvp. How many new version beta replays do you have up there? I want to check out some games to see how others are playing. Sometimes I'll get a big advantage either in expansions or I hurt them good with an attack. But then I'll lose because my units get over powered.

I haven't used templars yet though. I heard they were terrible. Guess I'll start throwing them in the mix.

I got to figure out the proper unit combination late game. Sucks that they started me in bronze. Now I'm stuck rank 1 or 2 in silver waiting for promotion.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 8:58 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

whoops, meant to link this one http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4226

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/browse/player/sclrcs there's the reps i have on that site. most of them are for the last patch. you can still watch them, it'll just make you log out of bnet to do so

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:08 am 
7VlesSiah

I watched the pvp. How are you microing like that? Do you have the sentries and stalkers on separate control hotkeys?

Post Sun May 09, 2010 9:30 am 
7VlesSiah

NM.. I didn't realize just how intelligent the SC2 interface is. You can select an entire group of sentries or templars and casting a spell has a single member of the group cast it once.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 1:01 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah, if you have templars and sentries in the same group it'll have the templar spells selected when the whole group is selected, then you can hit tab to switch to the sentry spells, then shift-tab to go back to the templars. if i know i'm going to be using a certain ability first (like blink or force field) i'll tab to that unit group pre-emptively

also turning on the setting that always displays health bars helps your micro a ton

quote:

Post Sun May 09, 2010 5:24 pm 
7VlesSiah

That is guru info. thanks. Never would have thought of it.

Post Sun May 09, 2010 5:32 pm 
BanMe

Pretty classic way to beat a terran right here without getting too high tech. This guy is a #1 plat. For some reason web sight thought it was a 2v2

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4515

Post Mon May 10, 2010 3:57 am 
Scrubbolator

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4518

pvt game vs a 1900 terran

a little unorthodox but it's the only pvt i found on this patch

Post Mon May 10, 2010 5:36 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
Pretty classic way to beat a terran right here without getting too high tech. This guy is a #1 plat. For some reason web sight thought it was a 2v2

http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4515

Seemed like he played kinda strange. One barracks-command centre... pretty much lost him map control. Nice ramp blocks though.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:32 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
Seemed like he played kinda strange. One barracks-command centre... pretty much lost him map control. Nice ramp blocks though.

one barracks fast expand is a pretty typical build for competent platinum terrans

Post Tue May 11, 2010 6:50 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator
http://www.sc2rc.com/index.php/replay/show/4518

pvt game vs a 1900 terran

a little unorthodox but it's the only pvt i found on this patch
lol you had like 200+ units and 5 halls before attacking, is that the part that was weird about it?

Post Tue May 11, 2010 7:34 am 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
quote:

one barracks fast expand is a pretty typical build for competent platinum terrans

Most I've seen go 2 barracks before they expand--simply because they won't lose map control like that, especailly on a small map like that.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

well its pretty common and popular and effective these days. obviously if you're doing a fast expand build with any race you lose map control in the early game but that's the price you pay for getting a huge economy. maybe get out of silver league random team imo

quote:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:13 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
well its pretty common and popular and effective these days. obviously if you're doing a fast expand build with any race you lose map control in the early game but that's the price you pay for getting a huge economy. maybe get out of silver league random team imo

You made platinum once out of about 5 resets... I've made platinum every time, and did so again easily last night... you must have really thought those 2 games were tryhard. lol

Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

ya i didn't place platinum after not playing any rts games for years, i'm p ashamed

0-2, cry more, get confused by really common high level builds some more, re any time scrublord

quote:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:19 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
ya i didn't place platinum after not playing any rts games for years, i'm p ashamed

0-2, cry more, get confused by really common high level builds some more, re any time scrublord

Talk like you're actually good at something some more, re any time nooblet.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 2:59 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol only on this forum can someone call someone he's 0-2 with a terrible noob

quote:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:00 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
lol only on this forum can someone call someone he's 0-2 with a terrible noob

not surprising though with a guy who makes excuses literally every single game i've ever seen him lose of SC2

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:02 pm 
Fast Luck

When's the showdown

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:09 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

probably never, kith is too busy playing random team (the true test of starcraft skill)

also after he loses he'll say it "wasn't serious" again i'm sure, i think before playing him he should be required to admit he got thoroughly owned twice by me despite his best efforts

quote:

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:11 pm 
BanMe

finally this forum is getting back to its roots ;p

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:18 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
probably never, kith is too busy playing random team (the true test of starcraft skill)

also after he loses he'll say it "wasn't serious" again i'm sure, i think before playing him he should be required to admit he got thoroughly owned twice by me despite his best efforts

I'll win left handed, with melee only.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:29 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

post replays of this bo3

what race do you play kith?

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:34 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
post replays of this bo3

Since I won't be playing seriously, I'll play random.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:41 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ~Dakine..HeX
post replays of this bo3

Since I won't be playing seriously, I'll play random.

thats a sweet built in excuse for losing

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:59 pm 
Fast Luck

Yea that's bullshit, he must be scared

Post Tue May 11, 2010 3:59 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I am scared. Losing in SC2 pisses me off and I can't sleep at night. My heart races when I start games and I get sweaty palms.

Post Tue May 11, 2010 4:18 pm 
x-DW-x)BuRnt(

quote:
I am scared. Losing in SC2 pisses me off and I can't sleep at night. My heart races when I start games and I get sweaty palms.

If it is effecting you that much then come back to Warcraft 2.. the real mans game.

http://www.facebook.com/burnt.dw
http://www.youtube.com/war2combat
http://www.server.war2.ru

Post Tue May 11, 2010 4:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote