FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

PVT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
7VlesSiah

Terran have too many units that have no real weakness. Banshee is a joke as well. A cloaked unit that is difficult to kill even when you can see it. that thing dishes out so much damage.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:20 am 
Scrubbolator

i love it when they try to banshee rush me. it's an easy win

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah a few patches ago banshees got a ridiculous, completely unnecessary HP buff, lawl. i don't have too many problems with them though. i think marauders are even worse, the concussion grenade upgrade now is so cheap it's basically free. so you have a tier 1 unit that beats every toss gate unit and has slow at tier 1, lawl. the + to armored and drops make it even worse, the fact that someone can bring a couple medivacs over full of marauders (and they have medivacs anyway since they need them for heal), drop them in your mineral line, and focus your nexus or hatch and kill it almost instantly is just retarded. blizzard really needs to give town hall buildings at least a "fortified" tag or something so units like marauders/void rays/immortals don't instantly melt your town hall and fuck you over

on the plus side all their overpowered bullshit makes terran players mostly lazy and retarded

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:24 am 
7VlesSiah

Every toss unit has major weaknesses. Zealot is slow, stalker cost a fortune and gets pwned by like every unit. Void and phx are super fragile. Mothership dies fast, moves slow, and is basically a giant target with no fire power. Collosi are fragile and can get hit by anti air. Templars cost a fortune to get. Archons are expensive and suck.
The only reason protoss can float is thier spells.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 7:41 am 
Fast Luck

Protoss has no ogres

Post Thu May 13, 2010 8:27 am 
7VlesSiah

My issue with Terran is the lack of skill involved with them. Anyone can mindlessly get a ball of mmm and run around with it. They need to give terran units some real weaknesses to go with thier strengths to make them take skill.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 8:36 am 
kublikhan

I thought I I read somewhere that most top tier players are using protoss and zerg. If Terran are so good why are they not more popular among the top players?

Post Thu May 13, 2010 11:09 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by kublikhan
I thought I I read somewhere that most top tier players are using protoss and zerg. If Terran are so good why are they not more popular among the top players?

1) where did you read that

2) there could be a lot of reasons
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 11:15 am 
Jon;

so what we learned in this thread

-kith blows at all games

Post Thu May 13, 2010 11:17 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
so what we learned in this thread

-kith blows at all games

yes this is the most important lesson

Post Thu May 13, 2010 11:25 am 
7VlesSiah

I said Terran we're skilless not that they are the best. It is like an enemy boss fight in old video games. The boss is so incredibly skilless that the only way to make him a challenge is to over power his attacks.
There is something missing from terran as a race if the only way they can make them a threat is to insanely over power the units.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:07 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

i don't really think terran as a whole is overpowered, just marauders

quote:

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:08 pm 
7VlesSiah

I think mauraders, banshees and reapers are all over powered. Reaper do way too much damage to buildings but they atleast have some real weaknesses. Banshee same deal only they have huge hp and are cloaked. I can live with both those. Mauraders are just a joke. Like everyone of these units can wipe out a city in seconds.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:34 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

banshee do have too much hp i think but its not huge. phoenix's and stalker with obs rape them. reapers suck if you know how to stop them, they're completely useless past early game

marauders are bullshit, agreed

quote:

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:39 pm 
7VlesSiah

i've been playing the game for only a week so my opinion is of limited value. It is just super annoying losing to terran because it never feels like you got beaten by skill.

Post Thu May 13, 2010 12:44 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

its probably just anecdotal but in my experience terrans are the most annoying/lamest players

i played some terran last night who was like "prepare to be annhiliated," "i'm 6-0 today," "that's what happens when ur the best". felt pretty good raping him silly

quote:

Post Thu May 13, 2010 1:01 pm