FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Starcraft II General Discussion

Patch 11 is out
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Scrubbolator

Patch 11 is out

lots of little changes but no patch notes yet

take a look at phoenixs now -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kSA0Guqpo&feature=player_embedded

insane

edit: patch notes

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 11 (version 0.13.0.15250)

The latest patch notes can always be found on the StarCraft II Beta General Discussion forum: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=23094049316&sid=5000

Balance Changes

* TERRAN
o Battlecruiser
+ The build time has been decreased from 110 to 90.

o Fusion Core
+ The build time has been decreased from 80 to 65.

o Hellion
+ The range has been increased from 5 to 6.

o Planetary Fortress
+ The splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.

o Raven
+ Seeker Missile range has been decreased from 9 to 6.
+ Seeker Missile splash radius has been decreased from 2.4 to 2.
+ Seeker Missile upgrade no longer requires Fusion Core.

o Siege Tank
+ Life increased from 150 to 160.
+ Siege Mode splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.

o Thor
+ Ground damage decreased from 45 to 30.
+ Ground rate of fire improved from 1.93 to 1.28.
+ Air damage changed from 8 (+4 Light) to 6 (+6 Light).
+ 250mm Strike Cannons are now an upgrade at the Factory Tech Lab.
+ 250mm Strike Cannons research now costs 150/150 and 110 seconds.
+ 250mm Strike Cannons energy cost increased from 100 to 150.
+ Anti-Air splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.

* PROTOSS
o Archon
+ The splash radius has been increased from 0.8 to 1.
+ Splash damage now originates from the center of the target, rather than the impact location near the unit in order to maintain more reliable splash damage.

o Colossus
+ The damage has been decreased from 20 to 15.
+ The rate of fire has been improved from 2.2 to 1.65.

o Phoenix
+ Can now attack while moving.

o Sentry
+ The damage has been decreased from 8 to 6.

* ZERG
o Brood Lord
+ Life has been decreased from 275 to 225.
+ Armor has been decreased from 2 to 1.

o Corruptor
+ Corruptor damage changed from 12 (+10 Massive) to 14 (+6 Massive).
+ Corruptor speed increased from 2.75 to 2.9531
+ Corruption ability redesigned:

# Single target.
# Increases damage taken by 20%.
# Lasts 30 seconds.
# Costs 100 energy.
# Range 6.
# Cannot target structures.

o Infestor
+ Neural Parasite is now an upgrade at the Infestation Pit.
+ Neural Parasite research costs 150/150 and 110 seconds.
+ Neural Parasite can now target Air units.
+ Neural Parasite energy cost increased from 50 to 100.

o Spine Crawler
+ The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.

o Spore Crawler
+ The root time has been increased from 6 to 12.

o Ultralisk
+ Damage has been increased from 18 to 25.

Last edited by Scrubbolator on Thu May 06, 2010 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah that owns

overall this patch sounds fun, can't wait to try it. love the phoenix and archon changes. i've been saying archons need a splash buff for awhile. w00t for an actual counter to mutas

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 2:54 pm 
Fast Luck

Ultralords sound like they're quite good now?

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:03 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Ultralords sound like they're quite good now?

probably not, problem with ultralisks hasn't ever really been their damage. we'll see tho
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
kublikhan

Team Liquid not so happy at how they implemented moving shot with Phoenixes:

quote:
Originally posted by InRaged
Oh dear god. That's not like BW AT ALL. Units in BW were NOT attacking while moving. They were attacking before decelerating. That's why it required players control to make 'em both Attack AND move. There is a fucking serious failure in communication it seems.

quote:
Originally posted by LunarC
AHAHAHAHA OMG that's just RIDICULOUS.

..Stuff like this makes me wonder if Blizzard really understands what we are talking about at all.

Moving shot =/= ability to attack while moving.

Moving shot = ability to cut short the deceleration that occurs after attacking and accelerate in the opposite direction to move out of enemy firing range.

quote:
Originally posted by tnud
HAHAHAHAHAH-
o wow.. that might be worse then the larva accident xD

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:30 pm 
BanMe

the hell... huge patch.... sounds pretty lame though imo. lol at those pheonixes, esp @ the comments below on the youtube link

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 pm 
~Dakine..HeX

i think its actually pretty good. If you dedicate enough apm to microing the phoenixes hard, you should get a pretty good reward for it, its a 150min/100gas unit with low HP and pretty low damage

i still think stalker/sentry will be the main anti-air for toss

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:37 pm 
Scrubbolator

yea it is ridiculous. the thing is you can't even use attack to micro because they will stop just like before. you just move them around while they shoot on their own

graviton beam is easier to cast now too btw

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:38 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Aerasal

does any one know if ultralisks move faster?

Post Thu May 06, 2010 3:42 pm 
Aerasal

good info here http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=24702391969&sid=5000

Post Thu May 06, 2010 4:13 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

No marauder nerf but nerf colossi?

What a dumb pointless patch.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 4:58 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Some decent changes. Phoenix change is not in the right direction.

Splash damage change is good, for archons and tanks.

I like most of the terran changes.

Don't like the colossus change but it may not be too huge with the speed increase in shot.

In reality I've had no time to play lately anyways so I don't know how this will effect things.

I was hoping to see something to stop proxy reaper bunker rush but apparently not.

The sentry change is good, people were massing them too much for damage and I don't think that's what Blizz intended for them.

Ultralisk change seems good but I dunno if people will still get them... we'll see.--they really need to make their unit size slightly smaller.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

i don't know why people are so upset about phoenix change. you still have to micro them to kite like in that video and they still are pretty much useless vs ground (yes graviton beam but its channeled and costs energy). phoenix are supposed to be an "air superiority fighter," it should be good against other air units. before this patch they barely beat mutas (the unit they're obviously meant to counter) cost for cost, and in high numbers would absolutely never beat them cost for cost

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
No marauder nerf but nerf colossi?

What a dumb pointless patch.

i thought the same thing but the colli change isn't really that bad. the DPS is the same with the attack rate increase, you just can't kite excessively with them anymore

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
I was hoping to see something to stop proxy reaper bunker rush but apparently not.

here's a good way to stop that: don't be a scrub

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:47 pm 
Sypher

phoenix change is awful. 100% gtd that it will be reverted before retail.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:50 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
phoenix change is awful. 100% gtd that it will be reverted before retail.

i just found out they shoot while moving (i.e. normal move command). thats a bit excessive. should keep it the same except you need to attack move or something

Post Thu May 06, 2010 5:53 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

There is an unbeatable strategy terran can do vs protoss on small maps (unless u blind forge/cannon)

10 rax and ref make 11th suv then a supply depot with no orbital command then instead of repears make and send asap 2 marauders with the shell upgrade straight to protoss base

Unstoppable. zealots get kited very easy and are a waste of time + u think he is repear rushing so u rush to stalkers

I went 10 gateway then cybercore soon as its done, the fastest way to get a stalker out and he has 2 marauders vs my 1 stalker and just targets my pylons. Pullin workers doesn't work (mirco) marauders keep rollin in ...

1 marauder beats 1 stalker straight up so how is 1 stalker meant to beat 2 maurders i have no fucken clue

No way to stop this unless u forge which is risky cuz if he repear rush your dead as well.

Major nerf needed to marauder before the public works this tactic out
the #1 rated guy did this to me btw

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:14 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah marauders are fucking ridiculous but blizzard is married to them or something

quote:

Post Thu May 06, 2010 6:15 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah

here's a good way to stop that: don't be a scrub

Ok terrible.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Kith-Kanin

quote:
There is an unbeatable strategy terran can do vs protoss on small maps (unless u blind forge/cannon)

10 rax and ref make 11th suv then a supply depot with no orbital command then instead of repears make and send asap 2 marauders with the shell upgrade straight to protoss base

Unstoppable. zealots get kited very easy and are a waste of time + u think he is repear rushing so u rush to stalkers

I went 10 gateway then cybercore soon as its done, the fastest way to get a stalker out and he has 2 marauders vs my 1 stalker and just targets my pylons. Pullin workers doesn't work (mirco) marauders keep rollin in ...

1 marauder beats 1 stalker straight up so how is 1 stalker meant to beat 2 maurders i have no fucken clue

No way to stop this unless u forge which is risky cuz if he repear rush your dead as well.

The proxy reaper bunker rush is worse. It's 100% unstoppable by protoss, even if you forge and cannon.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

don't be mad you got 2-0'ed with ease dog

quote:

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:13 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
don't be mad you got 2-0'ed with ease dog

lol what a dork

you thought all those games were serious?

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:15 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

lol excuses

i guess you never "play serious" then because i've never seen you play well in any game i've ever obsed you in, condolences

quote:

Post Thu May 06, 2010 8:43 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
quote:

The proxy reaper bunker rush is worse. It's 100% unstoppable by protoss, even if you forge and cannon.

Bunker rush is imbalanced vs P yes but not unstopable if u postion ur buildings properly and soon as u see a bunker goin up u must take 4-5 probes off the line and kill his worker before the bunker goes up. I have beaten it a few times before - this other startegy i said though, if someone can work out a counter id love to hear it

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

yeah i've pretty much never lost to reaper like that. maybe its tough if you're in silver league or something, i dunno

quote:

Post Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 pm 
Kith-Kanin

Neither of you guys understand the reaper rush that's out right now.

One of the #1 platinum guys CANI or something is doing it. It's retarded.

He takes 1 scv right away and builds a proxy barracks down the cliffs from your base (if it's a 1v1 map--if it's 2v2 he scouts the 2 spots and puts his rax in middle instead).

Then as his scv is moving over he build refinery, then rax when he has enough. Makes 1 more scv for a total of 6, then mines gas with 3 till he has 50, pulls 1 back onto minerals and that's it for them.

Then tech lab at rax soon as rax is done. Then reaper, and scouts with scv.

While his reaper is raping the shit out of you, he is making a marauder and building a bunker just outside of your base.

By the way... this is all happening before you gateway, barracks, or spawning pool is done.

The reaper will rape the fuck out of every worker you have, and if it doesn't, the marauder will kill anything that pops out.

Even if you defend it for awhile, your economy is so fucked he just rapes the shit out of you.

The guys record is 300-21 (91% win rate).

If you think you can beat a reaper and bunker when you have no attacking units other than workers then you're on crack. Silver league my ass.

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:20 pm 
Kyr.Luoson

The super quick reaper rush i deal with is normally stop at 7/8 supply

Got a replay?

Post Thu May 06, 2010 11:53 pm 
Rat

rofl

stop crying and play terran instead.

Post Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i know exactly which reaper rush you're talking about and its really not that hard to deal with, sorry. just scout the bunker, go fucking 10gate, use workers and a zealot and chrono your stalker. even if his reaper manages to kill 5-6 workers you'd still be ahead because he had to castrate his economy to get a reaper out that fast

silver league lol

quote:

Post Fri May 07, 2010 6:43 am 
Sypher

I am sorry kith, but I don't think you know what you are talking about.

1.) You have not played any solo since reset.
2.) Any zerg who scouts properly will destroy a reaper rush. Lings + Queen on creep = gg reaper. Even if he gets a reaper in my base before my pool finishes, I will be light years ahead as long as I control correctly.
3.)The only real threat is if its a 2 player map. This will fail miserably on a 4 player map.
4.) According to SCrankings, the only player with a +90% win rate is CauthonLuck. I have watched many reps and vods of him, and he definitely doesn't reaper rush like you describe. Next closest player is Idra with an 87% win rate and he is zerg??

Post Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

i was about to say i don't think anyone thinks reaper proxy is effective vs zerg, but then i read kith's post again and he said it rapes him as all three races, haha

random team silver league all stars

quote:

Post Fri May 07, 2010 8:03 am