foonat

i'm in gold

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:26 pm 
MassiveAttack

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
quote:
Originally posted by Rat
who the fuck wants to watch a 90 min game?

who doesn't man that shit it epic it's like watching a hollywood blockbuster movie.

its like watching a michael bay movie

EXPLOSION EXPLOSION!

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm 
turtleman@can

quote:
Originally posted by MassiveAttack
quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can
quote:
Originally posted by Rat
who the fuck wants to watch a 90 min game?

who doesn't man that shit it epic it's like watching a hollywood blockbuster movie.

its like watching a michael bay movie

EXPLOSION EXPLOSION!

It's definitely like transformers. When I bring my thor down about 2/3s into the game, it was like optimus prime just walked into battle and blew the fuck out of the decepticons and then got a blow job by megan fox

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:55 pm 
turtleman@can

shit i've played sc2 all weekend pretty much non stop, sad to see it's over.. I don't think I'll be able to do that again for a while. Had a blast, thanks for everyone that played with me. I feel kinda good being rank #1 in my gold league with a record of like 53-31 (all played this weekend)
Feel like I've got a pretty good handle on the game now. Team games are fun as hell , next time I'm going to go on a team game rampage.
Definitely in love with this game. I can already see this becoming my hobby for the next 5-10 years.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:06 pm 
Aerasal

what race is everyone sporting

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:41 pm 
foonat

toss

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:45 pm 
turtleman@can

started zerg now i'm all about random

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:46 pm 
Kith-Kanin

i do zerg/protoss mostly.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:51 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
hassan-i-sabbah

bleh, i jumped right in and lost a hundred 1v1's right off and now i'm in copper and having to noob bash my way out of it :\

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:27 pm 
Sypher

im playing zerg but thinking of switching to either toss or terran. I sometimes get lots in zerg macro mechanics.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:28 pm 
BanMe

Ash.tflame rank 12 div 6 platinum 105-74 toss user hit me up for some practice 1v1's . 2v2 seem to me either rape or get raped

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:32 pm 
~god~_freak

Ya i mentioned that earlier to foonat.

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:50 pm 
Scrubbolator

ash what's your hardest matchup?

i'm playing toss on euro at the top of plat and i get raped so badly vs zerg whereas i'm like 75% vs the other 2 or something

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:35 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
BanMe

terran recently have gotten alot better, expanding with planetary fortresses as they just make marines dropships ghosts and vikings... the thing is they just keep expanding while pumping cheap units constantly, and its hard to keep expansions in check with planetary fortress so even though i kill hundreds of marines they just keep making more and its hard to keep up with the production. i realize if I used feedback well I can neutralize the ghosts but I haven't quite mastered that yet Smile

zergs are tough i just deal with them by doing 10 gate 10 gate harass on maps that aren't too big then they if they survive its with roaches so i go into robo by time their counterattack comes and immortals should be able to own em... it's a specific and short short term solution to pvz though ;o

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 pm 
turtleman@can

since I made a replay account I thought I'd post some more
http://sc2.nibbits.com/replays/view/903/stealth-roach-rush

this is me doing some ninja roach attack vs terran

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:21 pm 
Scrubbolator

quote:
Originally posted by BanMe
terran recently have gotten alot better, expanding with planetary fortresses as they just make marines dropships ghosts and vikings... the thing is they just keep expanding while pumping cheap units constantly, and its hard to keep expansions in check with planetary fortress so even though i kill hundreds of marines they just keep making more and its hard to keep up with the production. i realize if I used feedback well I can neutralize the ghosts but I haven't quite mastered that yet Smile

zergs are tough i just deal with them by doing 10 gate 10 gate harass on maps that aren't too big then they if they survive its with roaches so i go into robo by time their counterattack comes and immortals should be able to own em... it's a specific and short short term solution to pvz though ;o

don't forget you can feedback banshees and medivacs too. it's so good when you use it on a full medivac i love it. using feedback on a ghost can be tough because EMP outranges it

against a planetary fortress fast exp i like to rush it with maybe 4-5 immortals and some other men. it'll fall pretty quickly

the m&m and ghost push can be pretty tough and i've had to pull probes to defend a few times

playing vs zerg is just dumb. they can rape you in so many ways like speedlings just running through a choke or dualing while you can't counter dual on maps like scrap station or desert oasis.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:29 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
BanMe

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator

playing vs zerg is just dumb. they can rape you in so many ways like speedlings just running through a choke or dualing while you can't counter dual on maps like scrap station or desert oasis.

yeah thats why i rush to keep them on the back foot. I don't have problems with speedling runby's, if you just get 1 sentry you'll block that, and if I do my fast 2 gate it won't work regardless. But yeah once they get on equal footing midgame it is very hard .... damn wish i had more time to play hehe

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:45 pm 
turtleman@can

another fun game me terran running over a toss player doing some early harassment with reapers (by far my favorite unit in the game)
http://sc2.nibbits.com/replays/view/904/reaper-harrass-vs-toss

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:46 pm 
Mackman

bah, wish i could play. anyone got an extra key they want to throw my way? Smile

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm 
Soilent Green

quote:
Originally posted by Mackman
bah, wish i could play. anyone got an extra key they want to throw my way? Smile

no. you are a faggot.

get out, faggot.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:06 pm 
Kith-Kanin

quote:
Originally posted by Scrubbolator

don't forget you can feedback banshees and medivacs too. it's so good when you use it on a full medivac i love it. using feedback on a ghost can be tough because EMP outranges it

against a planetary fortress fast exp i like to rush it with maybe 4-5 immortals and some other men. it'll fall pretty quickly

the m&m and ghost push can be pretty tough and i've had to pull probes to defend a few times

EMP doesn't outrange feedback.

But the problem is trying to pick out 1 ghost in the middle of 20-40 marines. The best solution is to just keep your templars really really seperated unless you have godly micro and can feedback 2-3 ghosts before they emp you.

Post Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Scrubbolator

i'm pretty sure EMP outranges feedback by a bit and yeah picking him out can be tough.

EMP is aoe so he doesn't have to cast it directly on your templar which means he has extra range from the aoe as well

you can spread out your templar but the problem is you won't be able to have more if they early push

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:13 am 
foonat

im getting raped by marines and marauders, help

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:16 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by foonat
im getting raped by marines and marauders, help

so far the best ive found is a mix of immortals, stalkers and some speed zeals

you have to control group the immortals to run in there first and take the fire, then focus fire ur stalkers on the med-ships (whatever they are called), once the ships are dead, the marines and marauders will fall fairly easily

of course, i have only played this game for 3 days so take this advice for what its worth

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:19 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

fast colossi? stalkers are almost useless vs terran except as anti-air and deterring reaper harass in my (limited) experience

colossi will vaporize the marines and then it seems like your charged zeals would take out the marauders without too much trouble

quote:
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:25 am 
turtleman@can

you really need templars.. Watch that psi-storm in the replay I posted where I went marines/rauders/medvacs vs the toss player. I won because he didn't get a storm off in time but watch the one he lands, it basically kills like 20 of my units.

http://sc2.nibbits.com/replays/view/904/reaper-harrass-vs-toss

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:29 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

temps are good but i think they're too gas heavy and take too long to build. you need the council and then the archives, and then on top of that you have to research psi storm which is 150 gas i think? templar is 150 gas, with that amount of gas you could have a colossus that doesn't need extra research to be useful and requires less babysitting, and on top of that you have to wait awhile after the templar spawns for him to have enough mana for storm (unless you get that one upgrade, which is even more time and gas). same amount of buildings required but you're going to want robo facility for obs anyway, and colossus beam doesn't need energy to be used repeatedly. marines have so little hit points, even one colossus is rape, two or more is just nasty. use zealots for meat and a sentry or two for the shield and you should clean up

quote:

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:48 am 
turtleman@can

yeah but the thing is, you're already getting the council for charge with your suggestion, so you're already going down that tech tree. Plus a collosus requires the robo bay and then the colossus itself is 300 gas, so you're spending about the same on either option. The difference is that a templar will completely decimate an army whereas a collosus is more functional as a unit but it's not going to stop an army in it's tracks.

So basically collosus is the more newb friendly, but less effective option.

also it takes roughly the same amount of time to make a templar as a collosus, dont forget u can research psy storm while ur making templars, with chrono boost on the upgrade and the units. So you can easily get them with plenty of time to spare vs a large terran push.

Last edited by turtleman@can on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:02 am 
~Dakine..HeX

quote:
Originally posted by hassan-i-sabbah
fast colossi? stalkers are almost useless vs terran except as anti-air and deterring reaper harass in my (limited) experience

colossi will vaporize the marines and then it seems like your charged zeals would take out the marauders without too much trouble

stalkers arent useless because they WILL have medivacs, you dont need to mass stalkers but you are going to need to take out those medivacs asap.

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:05 am