Scrub

Drugs

Lets have a little poll, shall we?

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:11 am 
GreenHorn

Ecstacy FTW

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:53 am 
foonat

when i was in college i smoked a little weed and did some coke every now and then but once i graduated and got a job i stopped cold turkey and haven't done either since

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:01 pm 
Kith-Kanin

I'd LOVE to be able to smoke a joint once in awhile, but every job I'm on is a drug test job and it's just not worth it. So I haven't done anything in probably 10 years.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:23 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
$hazm

I quit smoking cigs on jan 1st at 12:00am 2009. 1 month and 7 days.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:24 pm 
McTommo

Psychedelics FTW

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:42 pm 
Scrub

No pill poppers, surprising.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:16 pm 
McTommo

I take pills every now and then, but acid more so i voted for that.

You need an "all of the above" option

Last edited by McTommo on Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
Sypher

quote:
Originally posted by $hazm

how do you smoke after battling cancer? Are you trying to die or something?

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:25 pm 
GreenHorn

quote:
Originally posted by Kith-Kanin
I'd LOVE to be able to smoke a joint once in awhile, but every job I'm on is a drug test job and it's just not worth it. So I haven't done anything in probably 10 years.

This is also why I don't smoke anymore.

Some drugs aren't tested for though.

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:42 pm 
$hazm

quote:
Originally posted by Sypher
quote:
Originally posted by $hazm

how do you smoke after battling cancer? Are you trying to die or something?

I quit smoking when i found out I had cancer and started again the day the chemo was finished and i was given the all clear. I had said the whole time while doing the treatments that as soon as I was done i was smoking again. It was a very stressful time and i don't think i could have got through it knowning i would never get to smoke again.

This was 11 years ago now. Crazy that it was that long ago. I have smoked on and off since. Longest I went without smoking was 2 years in 05-06 then started again which was dumb. This time its for keeps.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:20 am 
~Summoner

I do ecstasy every once in awhile.

I can't smoke weed anymore because it gives me panic attacks.

Coke, meth and heroin I stay far away from.

Acid and shrooms are ok because they don't cause any toxic damage to the body but the risk of a bad trip can put you in a mental institutions.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:31 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GreenHorn

Last shroom trip I had was fucking aweful.

It started off great! Until a friend from work started telling me he wanted to chop me up into little peices & shit like that. In my own home no less. Needless to say this sent me into the most horrid trip imaginable.
Haven't tripped since then.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:38 am 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by ~Summoner
I do ecstasy every once in awhile.

I can't smoke weed anymore because it gives me panic attacks.

Coke, meth and heroin I stay far away from.

Acid and shrooms are ok because they don't cause any toxic damage to the body but the risk of a bad trip can put you in a mental institutions.

you mean you're not already in a mental institution?

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:48 am 
Yay

quote:
Originally posted by GreenHorn

It started off great! Until a friend from work started telling me he wanted to chop me up into little peices & shit like that. In my own home no less. Needless to say this sent me into the most horrid trip imaginable.

yeah i think thats grounds for drop kicking that idiot out of your house.

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address  Reply with quote  
cracky

quote:

lol what a dick

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:39 pm 
ChrisLui

quote:
Originally posted by McTommo
Psychedelics FTW
looks like me and you are the only acid heads

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:58 pm 
McTommo

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisLui
quote:
Psychedelics FTW
looks like me and you are the only acid heads

Yes, it's easy to tell from the divine oneness and infinite bliss which are present in our posts, transcending time and space to touch the soul of those who read them.

Although seriously I must say I find it interesting that you would be an acid head and start the atheist thread. The experiences I had under the influence of LSD were so incredibly powerful that they changed me from essentially an atheist to someone with a very strong religious/spiritual side (although I am painfully aware of the pitfalls of most organised religions). For me those awe inspiring moments were the reason I continued to take LSD and I would find it hard to see why anyone would take it if there was no such reward - what's your take on the experience. Certainly I never believed in a god who sits up in heaven lolling at all the shit that goes on on earth and arbitrarily deciding who gets punished etc etc, but LSD made me aware of a greater power - not something necessarily tangible or something that can be grasped with the mind, but something nonetheless. Did you get anything like that, or was it more a purely sensory experience for you?

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 am 
ChrisLui

oh i only made that thread because massiveattack suggested someone make it to bait all the religious nuts on this board. to be honest, i don't give much thought to whether or not i believe in a higher power. i'm interested in reading about the role religion has played in shaping our history and stuff like that, but as far as thinking about it for personal reasons, i don't really do it.

anyway, i like tripping on acid because of the intense visuals, sounds, feelings, etc. i like how introspective i get and i have a lot of cool thoughts that i probably wouldn't have off the drug. i never really thought about god on the drug though, maybe it depends on the person o_O. i tend to think about things in my life like my relationships with other people, past memories, school, my future etc.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:19 pm 
Scrub

Acid is a scary drug. I don't ever want to do it again. I had some fucked up trips, but not as bad as when I took Salvia.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:53 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

Where's alcohol?

I smoke weed and drink sometimes. Haven't used a psychedelic in almost two years (acid) but I could see myself doing it again some day.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:07 pm 
McTommo

quote:
oh i only made that thread because massiveattack suggested someone make it to bait all the religious nuts on this board. to be honest, i don't give much thought to whether or not i believe in a higher power. i'm interested in reading about the role religion has played in shaping our history and stuff like that, but as far as thinking about it for personal reasons, i don't really do it.

anyway, i like tripping on acid because of the intense visuals, sounds, feelings, etc. i like how introspective i get and i have a lot of cool thoughts that i probably wouldn't have off the drug. i never really thought about god on the drug though, maybe it depends on the person o_O. i tend to think about things in my life like my relationships with other people, past memories, school, my future etc.

It does depend on the person, I'm probably more that way inclined than a lot of my friends who I trip with, but I have seen some pretty profound changes in many of them.

Something cool to do next time you're tripping - grab a copy of a book like the Tao Te Ching and have a read (if you're in an introspective mood and tripping pretty hard). It's really interesting, because only when your brain is in such a warped mode can you actually understand what the author is getting at, and it can give you a pretty good insight into the mindset some religious/spiritual teachers are trying to get across. Then you come down a few hours later and read it and it doesn't make any sense even though it just did, it's a very cool experience.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

I think it's a stretch to say you can't "get" a book like that unless you're tripping. However, being under the influence of a psychedelic is definitely likely to give you a different, and potentially very rewarding and beneficial, perspective on it. It's also likely that you'll carry these new perspectives and experiences with you after the trip is over to enrich your sober life. Of course, depending on your mind state at the time it's also possible the Tao Te Ching will resemble complete and total gibberish during your trip. On the whole though, if you're the type of person who's inclined to such things I'd say psychedelics can be a very valuable learning tool. Cannabis can as well, I believe, though usually not in such a dramatic fashion.

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman
A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:23 pm 
ChrisLui

quote:

Something cool to do next time you're tripping - grab a copy of a book like the Tao Te Ching and have a read
you're pretty racist, but that sounds cool i'll give it a try fo sho.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:46 pm 
GreenHorn

Who the fuck can read on acid?
lawl

I tried playing chess once tripping, after a couple minutes of actually trying to play, I realized this was stupid and grabbed the opposing king threw it on the floor and stomped it into oblivion, proclaiming my victory.

Anyone tripping has little to no attention span.

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:22 pm 
McTommo

quote:
quote:

Something cool to do next time you're tripping - grab a copy of a book like the Tao Te Ching and have a read
you're pretty racist, but that sounds cool i'll give it a try fo sho.

Err racist? Don't know what to make of that........

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:13 pm 
McTommo

quote:
Who the fuck can read on acid?
lawl

I tried playing chess once tripping, after a couple minutes of actually trying to play, I realized this was stupid and grabbed the opposing king threw it on the floor and stomped it into oblivion, proclaiming my victory.

Anyone tripping has little to no attention span.

Chess? lol how many moves ahead were you trying to anticipate?

Anyway I certainly wouldn't recommend jumping into some Dostoyevsky or anything, but the Tao Te Ching is just a bunch of verses, there's no real narrative to follow or anything. It's written in a paradoxical way and the author's goal is to get to concepts you can't really grasp with your analytical mind anyway, so I actually think it's a book you can appreciate more on acid than normally.

But yeah I do know what you mean, I've been stuck in a toilet trying to figure out how to open the door for half an hour while tripping

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:16 am 
turtleman@can

i remember taking acid laughing at a bottle of ketchup for 20 minutes with the fridge door open at 4 in the morning and my dad was sitting at the kitchen table watching me the entire time , he realized how fucked up i was and didn't say anything
this is the greatest song to listen to when you're on acid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7kfD4lsy4o

anyway this was back when i was 14-15 years old. I've grown up since then , anybody that thinks doing acid is "ok" is a fucking retard, it turns your brain into a block of swiss cheese.

Post Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:18 pm 
~Summoner

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

anyway this was back when i was 14-15 years old. I've grown up since then , anybody that thinks doing acid is "ok" is a fucking retard, it turns your brain into a block of swiss cheese.

no it doesnt, you are talking about methamphetamine. acid has no toxic effects on the human body whatsoever do some research you fucking CLOWN.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:07 am 
McTommo

quote:
Originally posted by ~Summoner
quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

no it doesnt, you are talking about methamphetamine. acid has no toxic effects on the human body whatsoever do some research you fucking CLOWN.

Hey turtleman have you studied any biochemistry? For those who have, you may be interested to read about the history of PCR - the inventor (Kary Mullis, who won a nobel prize for the discovery) credited his discovery with LSD, saying he wouldn't have been able to conceive it otherwise.

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 am