FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

Your opinion on server.war2.ru policy regarding Messiah

What's your opinion of the rule regarding the grid tileset?
FAVOR: The tileset gives certain advantages, and I agree with the rule
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
NEUTRAL 1: I don't really care about the tileset, but the rule is fair and Messiah shouldn't complain
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
NEUTRAL 2: I don't really care about the tileset, just let him play
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
OPPOSE: The rule is unfair to Messiah
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
OTHER: I'd prefer a different policy (please post)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

Author    Thread Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fast Luck

Your opinion on server.war2.ru policy regarding Messiah

The policy is that he must inform people in some way (either by telling them, or using a known name) before using his tileset against them, and that he will be banned if caught smurfing with the grid on.

He has repeatedly complained about this rule, saying he's been denied his smurfing rights and is being mistreated.

I thought I'd check the pulse of the community on this topic. What do you think?

(Anonymous votes mean nothing, so say what you voted for. I'll go with whatever the community wants.

I voted NEUTRAL 2 but my vote is going to be just one vote, and I'll leave it to the community unless other administrators have a problem with this tactic.)

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:54 am 
foonat

voted neutral 1

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:56 am 
Fast Luck

Just to give prior warning, I'm not totally sure how we should interpret the votes yet. I'm thinking I'll weigh the FAVOR votes against the total of NEUTRAL 2 and OPPOSE votes. NEUTRAL 1 votes won't be counted in the decision, but will just be taken to mean you're cool with how we've handled it so far and Messiah should shut up (a very strong choice, IMO).

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 am 
7VlesSiah

Just change the vote to should MesSiah remain banned?

Yes

No

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:11 am 
Fast Luck

You're not banned but otherwise a decent suggestion. simpler for sure, but I think this covers more opinions.

Last edited by Fast Luck on Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am 
Ywfn

Voted FAVOR, although the reason given in the poll doesn't fit my motivation.

I'm in FAVOR because I sympathize with those that have an issue much more than those that are not concerned about the tileset, since I believe it's a legitimate complaint (even though the advantage is very small).

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:12 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Just to give prior warning, I'm not totally sure how we should interpret the votes yet. I'm thinking I'll weigh the FAVOR votes against the total of NEUTRAL 2 and OPPOSE votes. NEUTRAL 1 votes won't be counted in the decision, but will just be taken to mean you're cool with how we've handled it so far and Messiah should shut up (a very strong choice, IMO).

I don't think it's fair to include NEUTRAL votes on one side, but not the other. It unfairly gives priority to one point of view (which, coincidentally, is yours). I think you should either include both NEUTRAL opinions, for and against, or exclude both positions.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
I'm in FAVOR because I sympathize with those that have an issue much more than those that are not concerned about the tileset, since I believe it's a legitimate complaint (even though the advantage is very small).
Yeah, for my vote I tried to balance the exact same question, I just leaned more toward letting someone play than other people's minor gripes but I can see it both ways.

quote:
quote:

I don't think it's fair to include NEUTRAL votes on one side, but not the other. It unfairly gives priority to one point of view (which, coincidentally, is yours). I think you should either include both NEUTRAL opinions, for and against, or exclude both positions.
Yeah it's not symmetric so I see what you mean, and yeah the asymmetry does line up with what I think so I see what you mean there too. But I think "just let him play" clearly means one thing while "I don't care about the tileset but the rule is coo" doesn't quite. Let me see if I can make the options more clear.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Yeah it's not symmetric so I see what you mean, and yeah the asymmetry does line up with what I think so I see what you mean there too. But I think "just let him play" clearly means one thing while "I don't care about the tileset but the rule is coo" doesn't quite. Let me see if I can make the options more clear.

Just add a third NEUTRAL option that says: You don't personally care, but do support the rule for the benefit of those that do.

You've got symmetry and I think an actual position that a lot of people have.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:19 am 
7VlesSiah

Feature's offenses:
-Conspired to take over the server by force
-Instructed banned players how to circumvent their ban
-Former hacker

7VlesSiah's offenses:
-avid smurfer
-has never used a hack in war2

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:21 am 
Ywfn

There's an asterisk next to your last point, because not everyone is in agreement with that. Some people honestly believe you hack every game you play.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:22 am 
7VlesSiah

quote:

This is a Kangaroo court, there is not such thing as fair. Let's have a prop 8 vote in conjunction with this farce.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:24 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by 7VlesSiah
This is a Kangaroo court, there is not such thing as fair. Let's have a prop 8 vote in conjunction with this farce.

I suppose I can get behind the comparison of using the tileset to being a homosexual.

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 am 
Fast Luck

If there's a way to merge the relevant posts with the new thread, someone can do it for me Smile

I only see a split option, not a merge option

Post Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:39 am