FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Counter-dual, rush.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Swift

Counter-dual, rush.

The Idea:

This strat is similar to blind catting, as your cats are already in preperation before you've even scouted your opponent and you're still in-time with a normal rusher if you find that they are rushing.

Notes:

*If you see a rush at any point you would cancel/not start the cats, or not start the mill and start pumping grunts from your two raxs or cancel one cat, wall-in and power. Otherwise continue to work towards cats.

*If they're rushing they will not scout your main with a grunt before you find it or there base if you follow the steps below, unless they for some reason cross scout.

*If they peon scout you, it most likely means they didn't dual.

*A player can not solidly pump grunts from two raxs right off the bat, so you will not be behind on a rush if you decide to cancel cats and pump a bit late with your stacked gold and two raxs already done.

*After practicing this strat alot I find it has the hardest time vs a dual rush, if you scout the dual rush, see if you can block the rax in otherwise I would suggest a straight counter dual.

*The below example is for BNE Gow. For Old Gow, you would only need to just pscout 9 and I guess 4/5 since people seem to dual there.

An Example:

You start 5. First peon scouts your neighbor (if hot then standard nib war). Otherwise then up to 12/2. At home your building like a normal 2 rax rush, and lastly a mill and straight two cats.

After your peon clears 12/2 (If its a rush, dont even start the mill), then go to 8/6 (8/6 and 12/2 must be cleared first because they will scout 5 the fastest), at this point your mill will already be done and your cats started so if you see a rush, just cancel cats and continue to rush.

If its clear continue scouting 9/11. Your peon at this point will most likely be interupted in its tracks around the time you get to s9 if your opponent is rushing.

If you do find a dual you can just begin towering with the scouting peon, when the cats are done and sent up you can equal 6 grunts supporting them with two more on there way. This is an easy win against the dual, as it is really fast and they had little time to prepare (if they even saw your peon scout).

~~~Thats it, I hope I explained it well, for those who care. Comments?

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:34 am 
Lightbringer-

fucking retard....How the fuck can you cancel the mill if you got 2 cats pumping? Oh ya, I forgot, you hack....

Stopped reading right about there...

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:25 am 
fiftyfour40

quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-
fucking retard....How the fuck can you cancel the mill if you got 2 cats pumping? Oh ya, I forgot, you hack....

Stopped reading right about there...

we should listen to you because you are good at war2

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:21 am 
Fast Luck

Re: Counter-dual, rush.

Yeah, this is a take off of something I mentioned in Burnt's thread, it really isn't bad.

For example, yesterday I was 12 and my ally was in a 4/5 neighbor war. I made one grunt to scout with and immediately queued up the catapults because I know if the other guy got 6 or 8 or 9 or 11 there's a good chance he is dualing. The cats were already training before I found an s9/9 dual with my 1 grunt scout. If 9 had been rushing though, I could have easily canceled the cats and done a regular rush, or just canceled 1 cat and done a choke and power. It's very adaptable and deadly to dualers, since when their first cat finishes you'll basically have two.

Basically, I've been doing this exact strat for awhile now, usually from a 12/2 position in team games where my ally isn't on the left. I don't do it when 4/5 is the black area because people are less likely to dual there, and those duals are easier to bust.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 am 
SoCxHoP

i think he means if you find a rush, cancel the mill before your cats start. otherwise just cancel the catapaults if your mill's already done.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 am 
SoCxYamon

swift is the man. Where the fuck are you swift!?

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:45 am 
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by Lightbringer-
fucking retard....How the fuck can you cancel the mill if you got 2 cats pumping?
I never said anything about canceling a mill, thats just a waste of resources since you would have to build one again anyway.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
Yeah, this is a take off of something I mentioned in Burnt's thread, it really isn't bad.

For example, yesterday I was 12 and my ally was in a 4/5 neighbor war. I made one grunt to scout with and immediately queued up the catapults because I know if the other guy got 6 or 8 or 9 or 11 there's a good chance he is dualing. The cats were already training before I found an s9/9 dual with my 1 grunt scout. If 9 had been rushing though, I could have easily canceled the cats and done a regular rush, or just canceled 1 cat and done a choke and power. It's very adaptable and deadly to dualers, since when their first cat finishes you'll basically have two.
Yeah its a pretty nice strat, I dont think anyone had it cooked like this though. I'm suprised it wasn't a strategy thought up and used regularly as of years ago.

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon
Where the fuck are you swift!?
Busy with school.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:05 pm 
SoCxHoP

i just did it against one of those .exe guys on east and it just about worked. i crushed his dual with it but since i'm so horrific at fastest i ended up losing. christ people expand a lot on that speed.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:08 pm 
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by Swift
Yeah its a pretty nice strat, I dont think anyone had it cooked like this though. I'm suprised it wasn't a strategy thought up and used regularly as of years ago.
Same. Maybe someone will come out and say this has been well-known for years, but I haven't seen anyone else talk about it. It's funny you started this thread today because I've just started doing it more lately and was seriously just bragging in chat yesterday about it after that game I talked about. Prickle said he invented it, but was joking I assume.

I felt like I needed the extra advantage of the early cats. Smile I don't know how significant of a help it is or if more people will start doing it, but if it is good enough to become common then I'd guess rep rushes or fake duals would be a bit more useful.
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Last edited by Fast Luck on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:09 pm 
merlin

I've been saying that the strat doesn't work for years.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:10 pm 
Ywfn

ROFL. I've been cooking up early cats and canceling them since Kali. You guys are new.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:08 pm 
TheDRAX

NOOOBS

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:16 pm 
manzon

In my first game of Warcraft II, this was the strategy I did.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
ROFL. I've been cooking up early cats and canceling them since Kali. You guys are new.

Really?

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:20 am 
Paper_Boy

Ya u should listen to ywfn ur TOURNEY OWNER

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:10 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by Swift

Really?

You've seen me play: My entire way of playing is to try to counter what the other person is doing and/or what I suspect they are doing. I guess I just kinda figured a lot of people did it too, and never thought it was worth mentioning.

Truthfully, the description that blid used is much closer to what I typically do. Although I've done what you described before too. Especially when I play against someone that I know prefers dueling to rushing.

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:08 pm 
AssBlaster

quote:
I guess I just kinda figured a lot of people did it too, and never thought it was worth mentioning.

You can make jokes? Nobody does weird stuff like this. Confused

Post Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:12 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by AssBlaster
quote:
I guess I just kinda figured a lot of people did it too, and never thought it was worth mentioning.

The cookbooks I use have never said anything about this Confused

fixed

Post Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:22 pm 
ViRuZ

plz i do this strat the best out of anyone

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:52 am 
GaNz

Wow, this is the frist I've heard/seen of this strat, sounds really cool.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:51 am 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
Wow, this is the frist I've heard/seen of this strat, sounds really cool.

That is why you are an all time newbie.

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:06 pm 
GaNz

quote:
Originally posted by KaNuKs

That is why you are an all time newbie.

yet I destroyed you on your best settings and I was rusty in our last game?

Gg owned

Post Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:31 pm 
KaNuKs

Bne f isnt my best setting and you didnt destroy me at all since i was just fucking around doing a 3 halls double rax lvl 4 chopout rush. As i recall you stupid newb were smurfing. Why would i play seriously against a smurf? That game doesnt count, while the 5-0 beating i gave you is all real, no smurfs, all serious games, all beatings.

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:46 pm 
Axolotl

quote:
Originally posted by manzon
In my first game of Warcraft II, this was the strategy I did.

The entire thread got owned with this post anyways.

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:56 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
turtleman@can

this post is basically swift trying to explain hacking

Post Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:16 pm 
GaNz

quote:
Bne f isnt my best setting and you didnt destroy me at all since i was just fucking around doing a 3 halls double rax lvl 4 chopout rush. As i recall you stupid newb were smurfing. Why would i play seriously against a smurf? That game doesnt count, while the 5-0 beating i gave you is all real, no smurfs, all serious games, all beatings.

lol you never did a 3hall 2rax chopout, get real. You did a dual rush and got mauled. At that time I only played like 50 total bne/f games and u got schooled. As the old saying goes, "when you get rape, you STFU" .

GG
NO RE
STFU
THANKS
OWNED
=\

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:16 pm 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
quote:

lol you never did a 3hall 2rax chopout, get real. You did a dual rush and got mauled. At that time I only played like 50 total bne/f games and u got schooled. As the old saying goes, "when you get rape, you STFU" .

GG
NO RE
STFU
THANKS
OWNED
=\

6, 11 and 2 (that one wasnt walled, just my hall on the edge of the map old gow style). I call that 3 halls. I bet you hacked anyway. How can you keep rushing up to lvl 5 and 16 grunts when u scouted my dual and u couldnt see me pumping grunts inside? 5-0 GGs hacking fagget.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:03 pm 
GaNz

You must be retarded since you can't even remember the game properly. You only had ONE exp and were dual rushing, I scouted the other spots. You got mauled, end of story. Nice excuse, "I bet you hacked", rofl pathetic.

Gg

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:18 pm 
Swift

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

I just called your boyfriend gay and he hit me with his purse.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:19 pm 
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by turtleman@can

money.

Post Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 pm