FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Announcements

PLEASE HELP SERIOUS PROBLEMS

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rio Fantastic

PLEASE HELP SERIOUS PROBLEMS

This is getting really really annoying now. for some reason on warcraft II BNE edition, each time i install it i can only access US east and the other gateways once. if i exit the program, then when i go back on it the only one i can go on is the Russia server war2, and when i try to go on a different one it says that it cannot identify the application version and it has to reinstall. how do i fix this problem?? help would be much appreciated. Also the games appear to have overlapped or something - going on war2bne still lets me enter the russian rooms.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:54 pm 
~iL

When blizzard server says that it cannot identify the application version it means that executable code of your process "warcraft 2 bne" has been changed. That happens when you have some other program injected to war2 process (nocd, war2insight, any other patches), or you modified war2 exe-file or you have virus.

Post Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:24 pm 
Rio Fantastic

quote:
Originally posted by ~iL
When blizzard server says that it cannot identify the application version it means that executable code of your process "warcraft 2 bne" has been changed. That happens when you have some other program injected to war2 process (nocd, war2insight, any other patches), or you modified war2 exe-file or you have virus.

Is there any way I can restore it, thus fixing it??

Post Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:42 pm 
~iL

if you have no virus or any other applications modifying code of your process than format disk, reinstall OS and war2.

Or try to save your war2 to another directory before first start and restore it after it fails.
If it works, you should compare files for these 2 versoins and find out the problem file(s)

Post Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:50 pm