FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Announcements

War2InSight plugin - autorecord

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
~iL

War2InSight plugin - autorecord

My new program uses war2insight to record games automatically.
It clicks button "record game", saves it to file when a game is over and clicks "record game" again. So you can start war2, insight and this program and play lots of games. This program would record all games and save to files.

It's alpha version of program, not a final release. It only works with war2insight 1.04 and unable to handle all the troubles. For examle, it you want to watch replay, you need to close this program, otherwise it will try to record game.
If you try to record game with computer players, war2insight stops and this plugin terminates. It also couldn't do anything if file saving would be failed (disk full, the same file exists, etc).

But if you just write many games one by one it works stable.
So, let's try it: http://www.war2.ru/modules/newbb_plus/dl_attachment.php?attach_id=380

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:32 pm 
fiftyfour40

excellent work

Post Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:33 pm 
Axolotl

Sweet!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:06 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
GenOciDe-

quote:
Originally posted by fiftyfour40
excellent work

quote:
Originally posted by Axolotl
Sweet!

Post Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:52 pm 
GaNz

quote:
excellent work

quote:
Sweet!

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
quote:
excellent work

quote:
Sweet!

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:42 pm 
SoCzNedoK

quote:
Originally posted by GaNz
quote:
excellent work

quote:
Sweet!

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
quote:
excellent work

quote:
Sweet!

Post Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:01 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
~iL

Thanks to all Very Happy
But anybody tried to use it? It works?

Post Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:47 am 
{Lancelight}

Curious. I use insight but havent tried this hack for it yet. You said that you cant watch a game and keep this app open at the same time. But right below that you say that the app will close if you play against computers? Wouldnt it stop by itself automatically once it sees you are playing computers since watching a game requires you to play melee with computers? I dont know, it just didnt make sense to me to say that you cant watch a game with it running because it would try to record it and in the next line say that it wont record if you try to play vs computer players. I would think that the check you put in for computer players would cover watching games, it makes sense that it would anyways.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:34 pm 
Fast Luck

I've used this. It works fine if you're just gonna be on and playing, but it could probably be improved. Instead of saving every single game separately, I wish it just kept saving over the same file unless you tell it to keep one permanently. You don't want to log off War2 and then have to go through like 8 replays to find the ones worth keeping.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:36 pm 
~iL

quote:
Originally posted by {Lancelight}
Curious. I use insight but havent tried this hack for it yet. You said that you cant watch a game and keep this app open at the same time. But right below that you say that the app will close if you play against computers? Wouldnt it stop by itself automatically once it sees you are playing computers since watching a game requires you to play melee with computers? I dont know, it just didnt make sense to me to say that you cant watch a game with it running because it would try to record it and in the next line say that it wont record if you try to play vs computer players. I would think that the check you put in for computer players would cover watching games, it makes sense that it would anyways.

My program just checks if war2 is started and checks state of war2insight windows. If only main insight window found, it clicks "record". Your opened replay becomes closed at that time, and you can't watch is without reopening.
Else if you're starting war2 game there is only 1 moment where insight resolves if it needs to be written or played. In a wrong way it just stops and you lose your replay. So it's not possible to handle this situation.

Now, when ngk~laalaa opened the source code of his great program to some people it becomes easier to make autorecord by editing that source code.
ShowdoG[eG] almost did that, and maybe he will release his new version.

Post Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 pm