FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> General Discussion

How come nobody here ladders?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Mystic Mage

I havent seen any of you with ladder ranks.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2000 10:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
McWaldo

The ladder is gay. It seems like every time I actually win a ladder game I get accused of hacking and they disconnect, or if dissconnect = loss then they double disconnect. It's flaming homosexual.

"Can't say that about most war2 teams as they talk excessive trash" Trash talking is 1/2 the fun of war2.

------------------
Real life is an escape from the Internet.

Post Wed Oct 25, 2000 1:52 pm 
Jza

I was ranked #9 on the ladder and gave up because it's corrupt as hell and hacker infested. Also my "friend" SC~Terror kept joining my games with made up names to I guess try to hinder my climbing of the ladder. We're friends Terror, but that was sorta low down. Also the ladder doesn't prove shit to me. Most of the top ladder players ain't so super. I cannot understand how 1 guy who was ranked 4th with a 30-2 record was getting mauled by me and then pulls the plug (drops).
Another thing, the ladder has no damn honor. Iused the names Jza@FFA and Thezergfromhell on the ladder, and was respectful to all I played.
The bnet ladder sucks. The only ladder worth joining would be an IGL team ladder as you weed out childish teams and play teams who have honor. On kali I played vs INcin and his guys, they had EXCELLENT attitudes. Can't say that about most war2 teams as they talk excessive trash.
The bad people of war2 seem to go hand and hand with ladders. Also the bnet ladder is so fixed, and you have to be pretty slow not to notice that. Axolotl did all his shit legit. So did a few other guys, but some of them are scrubs who abused the system because they like to see their name up there.
I like how Eppy from kali got to like top 50 on the old igl ladder with an 8-0 record, and then the top ten guys he slaughtered wouldn't report to him. No fuckin honor. And most guys only reported to well known players in the form of ass kissing. Those losers fully expect to lose going into the game and then bow down to the guy who beat them as if he is their god.
When I tried the igl ladder years ago under cover with the name RamseS ONLY FUCKIN PESTILENCE from the top 10 reported his loss to me, and NO ONE would play anything other than gow. I gave up igl 86-5 record, having only played mediocre players who would play a lesser known guy just for fun. No one else would play me that was ranked higher than me.
Well enough hating, just war2 for years has shown me a great game along with dishonor, ignorance, and pathetic envy. Put that in your pipe and smoke it fuckers! hehe lata gang.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2000 12:49 am 
Soth

I spent some time playing ladder for bnet. ffa bne gow high res. 4 ppl im 6 one is 8 one is 5 one is 9 or 11. the 9/11 goes all out grunts, I end up killing 8 in a tower war. the person at 5 goes all saps and saps into my base as im forting and the guy with 40 grunts blows me away. the guy at 8 left long ago. one of the 2 remaining players is 0-4 the other is 4-0. funny.

my first ladder game was a b2bc ffa with 5 ppl. one of em was valk. nothing but respect for valk. some bond_007 newbie sits back with a dual while valk and I kill everyone. bond ends up winning. I leave, valk doesnt come back to chat for at least 15 minutes. I left bnet, come on later. valk doesnt have a loss, but he has a win. my game wasnt recorded either, so I dont know if valk just decided to wait till he was eliminated or left. valk may not be gay and force you to eliminate him, but I have had to eliminate ppl. One particular ffa on b2bc over 300k banked by the time I was finished eliminating the last player my rank was commander.

I'm friends with wulfgar, if you ever noticed, he has about 5 names with ladder games on them, all his names have nice ladder records. 1300 this, 1200 that..why? we all know that any good scrub can beat wulf 1vs1. nothing personal- he plays skull isle / medium fixed order gives opponent shitty spot. 7 man rush easy win. Now, you wonder why ppl disconnect on you?

:+:OuTLaW:+: I play 1vs1 gowbne. low and behold, im at 5:00, blue and its low res. at the time I didnt realize ladder could be fixed order with a little messing around with the settings. my peons are happily mining when 2 peons come into my base and blow me away with a peon rush. how fun. I felt like disconnecting but I didnt. outlaw's game was titled something like "new players only", his record was 38-2-8 or something and had a rating of about 1350.

Speaking of wulfgar, every name he was on..lesse there was. Wulf@alone; wulf@loner; aaron_mathias; alegre@owned; I asked him to ladder me 1vs1. "no" "No" "no :P" "no!" . hm. dodge! I dont take it personal, he says im below his rating. he asks jan$port for a 1vs1 ladder, jansport is 1030 or something. I didnt notice I was higher rating, oh say 1085 or so, until someone pointed it out.

Another case of dodging. 1~Badass~! refuses to ladder me, I think I've joined his game at least a dozen times and he wont boot me, but wont start. no matter what ladder name hes using he refuses to ladder me.

As far as my first ladder match went, valkrie was the first person to join. I said I didnt really want a loss so leave, but he didnt want to, and im not an ass so he stayed and we ffa'ed with 2 or 3 others.

I think I've been booted from maybe 25 ladder games because my record was "too good". not my ladder record, which is like 12-11-3, but my regular which is 505-350 or about there. I had someone disconnect me on a gowbne ffa because I wouldnt say gg to him. I think the conversation went something like:
cman_100guy:well soth..just you and me
cman_100guy:soth?
cman_100guy:gg...
cman_100guy:hello?
cman_100guy:ok no win for you

this was after Tower_power or whatever and xeros~ disconnected. I dont think xeros was on purpose. Ok, I should have said gg. I still dont think bad manners gave him a right to disconnect on me.

I cant say I've seen anyone hacking on ladder, or been sucpicious of anyone. at least half of my ladder matches that weren't 1vs1 someone was accusing someone else of maphacking. makes me sick.

Ladder is full is idiots, plain and simple.

:(

------------------
Mage Guild

Post Thu Oct 26, 2000 2:58 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
reaverlisk

Heh heh I tried working on a skull isle/default res 1 farm grunt rush but never ended up trying it.The problem was scouting him out in time.
The whole point of ladder for me,while i played it,was to learn from better players.I played only pos/low /pos/high on my nick "requium"(no not a smurf nick summoner,it was my original bnet nick from sc days) since i wanted to get good at those.I've never had any problems with hackers,and maybe twice i was disced on,but one of them gave me a free win to make it up.And the other i dont think was intentional.I dont understand why people had so much trouble with the ladder,ill agree it was filled with newbies but other than that ive had no problems.
--reaverlisk

Post Thu Oct 26, 2000 7:11 am 
SC~Terror

Don't waste time playing ladder. If you really feel the need, play on kali or zone on the old war2 and do it on the IGL system. It is not as good as the bnet system in many ways because it allows dodgers to avoid playing games with you; however, it is far less likely to be hacked to death.

Post Thu Oct 26, 2000 10:00 am 
SC~Terror

Yes, I am speaking from experience. The bnet ladder is just lame...All that it did for me was irritate me and burn me out on the game. So now I play EQ instead...feel free to start a char on Terris Thule.

Kith your sorry ass should hurry up and start playing again. AND...TQ wtf you at homo? Get your comp fixed!

Post Wed Nov 01, 2000 12:30 pm 
havoc

Didnt you ladder sc terror?

Post Wed Nov 01, 2000 1:16 pm