FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

classic GOW

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Rat

classic GOW

I wonder who made this map great map.

Is it possiible to make a better map? Have anyone ever been close making such a great map here?

Never the less I get sick playing this map over and over.

If someone did make a better map. Would ppl switch map or are ppl stuck playing this map for ever?

Thoughts?

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:40 am 
bam

It's like The Edge on Quake....sure there are many other better maps out there....will people play them? no

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:27 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

there already is a better map. its called free castles.

but seriously... it's the original case of lost temple syndrome.

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:11 pm 
Slaughter

So true. We should ban it & new bne from the server so everyone will play something different for a change. Every 1v1 I ask for is old/ef Confused

Post Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:57 pm 
Archemedes

what? did you say bgh?

btw slaughter i like ur profile pic

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 3:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

I really don't think there's another map as good as GOW, and if anyone wants to make a good new map they'll probably just make it a GOW copycat.

It's nice to play other maps for a change though. FOC, POS. I don't like Maze that much, B2B is okay...

Dark Paths (3 player map) is fun, Forest Trails (8 players) is underrated but goes a bit long, Gseps is a classic.

I made a map called OneMine.pud that's original to me but probably done before. A mine in the middle, but 8 players each have their own little treed-in areas leading in. Everyone starts in mid, runs back to their area and starts trying to mine the middle. You start with enough resources to do pretty much whatever you want. So far I've played it like 4 or 5 times and most of those times it really came down to the finish almost every time, with people winning by a single unit, but it doesn't take too long. Good for FFAs or teams.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:11 pm 
GenOciDe-

Shotgun

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:09 pm 
GenOciDe-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypXJaLQXKQk

Post Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:17 pm 
Paper_Boy

Thats a good idea. b2b & Rose petals and some others come to mind.. Creating the map is possible but as it stands with the current latency hosting bull shit, its much of a pain for people to try out their own maps with pals~. I used to host diff maps all the time when I could host & people would try shit out with me. B4 bnets patch nobody i noticed had latency issues, I think their anti hack measure changed something as well. If its ez to test a combat version of the prepatch could be sexy.

Once you have the right environment ur good
As for creating The key would be a map with enough intricacies to use your full bag of tricks. Good dk spots that are difficult to cover . Part of the promblem is the pathing is so bad you cant make it 2 complex with 2 many choke points. Throw in some good hops, double chops, and rigg 4 tower bug scenarios, then water for limited repper, so the ct bug actually comes into play... Kind of like a Ninja warrior, their are many rules people arent forced to recognize or use. Maps good for humans would also be fun

And feedback is important, gow3.0 is floating now, its absolutely fucking horrible... Their should be a contest where people can vote if a map is good enough to become offical enough to be bundled with combat or whatever. Kinda 2 bad their isnt a random map generator like in Diablo

Best map i've seen since gow has been Africa pud

I would create a map if i could actually host it

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:43 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
SoCxHoP

i do have to say, though, genocide's map is the closest to a great map i've ever seen designed by a player. it's sort of like rose pedal or schwartzenwald but with a bunch of added things.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:49 am 
Fast Luck

Well, it really is almost exactly the same as Rose Petals though. Both have the spots oriented around the middle, and both you can chop into mid and cat, and in both there's an extra mine in there too. Then both have some outside mines. The only difference is that most spots on Shotgun can chop into the mid faster than you can in Rose and it's easier to build there, so there's more likely to be action in middle.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 am 
Jinx.

I am an experienced map creator for RTS games so on the combat server I will be creating some maps if its possible. I can host in every game I play. Smile

Post Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:02 am 
[Tyrant]

skull island is nice

Post Thu May 29, 2008 5:16 pm 
Nedok

hey jinx welcome back

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Nedok

oh it's may not march

Post Fri May 30, 2008 1:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger  Reply with quote