FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

What would you do to balance humans and orcs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Guitarkalle

What would you do to balance humans and orcs?

If you could, what would you do to make the races more balanced?
Knights cheaper? Knights stronger? Autohealing?

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:58 am 
Aerasal

they're fine you stupid faggot, just don't play fastest

woooo

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:29 am 
Rat

I would buff heal.
and maybe fix sword lvl 2.

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:27 pm 
Sparkz102

heal/exorcism both 4mana/hp point
bloodlust 100 mana
1000 lvl 1 sword
2100 lvl 2 sword
increase archer/axethrower base damge by 2.

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:36 pm 
Tarquinn

Fix the Ballistas from misfiring.

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:22 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by Tarquinn
Fix the Ballistas from misfiring.

interestingly amazing.... cuz for some reason i opted not to say this, but thought of it. ..

Post Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:22 pm 
Axolotl

I would do the increase in bloodlust cost and the ballista fix

Post Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
bam

Give knights/ogres the option to research either bloodlust or healing...or both?

Post Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:48 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Swift

Also correct me if im wrong but dont dks have +1 more range than mages?

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:41 am 
x-DW-x)BuRnt(

quote:
Originally posted by bam
Give knights/ogres the option to research either bloodlust or healing...or both?

heal + bloodlust would be fun

http://www.facebook.com/burnt.dw
http://www.youtube.com/war2combat
http://www.server.war2.ru

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:19 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
bam

quote:
Originally posted by x-DW-x)BuRnt(
quote:
Originally posted by bam

Made a version of gow once upon a time where you started with a human peon and an orc peon... You had to make a th for both to get more of that race peons, but you could end up with knights and ogres (heal + lust). Was kinda fun. I wish we could figure something out to make them have both though....would be interesting that's for sure

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:28 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by bam
quote:
Originally posted by x-DW-x)BuRnt(
quote:
Originally posted by bam

Made a version of gow once upon a time where you started with a human peon and an orc peon... You had to make a th for both to get more of that race peons, but you could end up with knights and ogres (heal + lust). Was kinda fun. I wish we could figure something out to make them have both though....would be interesting that's for sure

ive done the same too n... i used to have a kickass map editor, not 2ex'd. and u could change the icons of the spells and give certain units spells, make peons return gold to pig farms, etc. i used to have mages with bloodlust icon, ogres with holy vision cuz at the time n still like vision more than eyes

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:35 am 
bam

I still like vision over eyes

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:51 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

Heal=Auto Cast

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:58 pm 
easycompany

heal on auto cast still wouldnt win since orcs bl is x3 orge heal is like 2.14 knight exorsicm makes up for the knights thoguh you just cant use tehm like a orge masses i found out like you have to lean to the mage vs orge knight vs dk so all the orge player has is bloodlust and the humans can if your really good enough and keep your eye on things you can beat any orge player just a mater of playing very hard i lose most of my matches but everyone is fun blizzarding orges i just make comon mistakes not expanding

Last edited by easycompany on Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:26 pm 
easycompany

im sure others done this ..strat that has worked well is take a sapper with your knights have flying machine to must have sight the orge player will start to pile them up into 9 and lust take one of your knights and have sapper to trail usually they will sourrond him and kill knight instant and sapper will blow taking all sometimes none so it does work though or engage and send sap behind them and blow takes 3 or 4 most time so that be 5 orges 9 knights mostly very injured and wont win .knights that is ..
blizzard did make it unfair on that part but i wouldnt play if it was fair.

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:39 pm 
easycompany

but a big advantage of the humans is when your opponent orc he already thinks hes got you so this could mess up his build as he plays relaxed

Post Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:47 pm 
ViRuZ

LOL. why go ogres or knights. Just go all-grunts or all-footmen and take the map. GG

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:55 am 
yah`mon

wow increasing archers/axer base dmg would be sick could change the entire game play. i'd like to see that

Post Sat May 12, 2007 12:57 pm 
cracky

blood lust would still rape heal on autocast

Post Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 pm 
SoCxYamon

ya

on water maps humans are way better. on land maps humans should just defend with blizzard. knights ve ogres you should use scout farms and research slow, just slow their lusted ogres, thats what slow is for their ogresw will get owned. also heal is good Confused

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:24 pm 
GenOciDe-

I would also love to see archers base damaged increased so they could be used as a viable rushing unit.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:26 pm 
KaNuKs

Re: ya

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxYamon
on water maps humans are way better. on land maps humans should just defend with blizzard. knights ve ogres you should use scout farms and research slow, just slow their lusted ogres, thats what slow is for their ogresw will get owned. also heal is good Confused

Well id like to see anyone exploiting all these shits well with the humans because as i see it everyone is so newb at water that lust still gives an edge on water maps.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:32 pm 
KaNuKs

quote:
Originally posted by GenOciDe-
I would also love to see archers base damaged increased so they could be used as a viable rushing unit.

That would become too much war3 oriented, with melee on the front line and ranged attackers in the backline. A rusher willing to make both grunts and archers would get raped before he can get enough archers to outpower the other because he needs a mill, and upgrade both archers and grunts. In war2, the strategys behind rushing are really upgrade oriented. I fucking hate sc and war3 only because upgrades takes too long and dont gives any noticeable effect when compared to war2. Leveling as well as walling are the 2 things that makes war2 extremely deep when it comes to strategy, even with a very limited amount of good units. There is no such things in the other popular rts games. I still can't believe blizzard haven't figured it out yet. Why make so many units when u can make the upgrades of these units strong enough to be a major strategy factor?

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:39 pm 
Swift

you dont know shit about starcraft if you think leveling doesn't "take any noticeable effect" at all

Last edited by Swift on Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:18 pm 
KaNuKs

HAHAHAHAAHA sure swifterrible. Did u ever play SC????? The upgrades takes 2 minutes MINIMUM. It means that when u sacrifice money and vespene gaz for them, u need to fucking wait 2 minutes before getting that very slim edge it gives, meaning theres a fucking 2 minutes window into which u can get raped because u spent money on a useless upgrade. Upgrades in w2 > upgrades in SC > upgrades in w3 by a mile. W2 = quick and powerful upgrades. SC = very slow and decent upgrade. W3 = pretty slow and underpowered upgrades (to the point theyre almost totally useless...). Swift, sorry to repeat it to you again, but youre quite dumb.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:06 am 
Swift

kanuks you dont know what you're talking about, i dont give a fuck if it comes 2 minutes later, its just timing but in combat it will be very effective if you have the level

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 am 
KaNuKs

Not nearly as effective as war2, moron. Make the test. Build 9 zealots lvl1 and 9 zealots lvl2 and make them fight. The fight will be a lot closer than 9 grunts lvl 2 vs 9 grunts lvl 1. You know fucking shit about sc. If u think that upgrade time isnt an issue then youre even dumber than i think you are. Obviously thats why u plain blows at rushing at war2. Get some more defensive canons and attempt your pathetic backdoor rush as usual some more plz.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:25 pm 
Swift

rofl kanuks, i can rush just as good as u on war2 if not better, its not hard.

i've played starcraft, im good at it and leveling matters, maybe not as much as on war2, but its dumb to even make the comparision

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:45 pm 
KaNuKs

Better rush than me? Please swift stfu before it gets worse... The only time ur rush was good was on your calveries name, when u were hacking. Now, all u do is wall with a canon and attempt a backdoor. U never ever tried to outrush sum1, always wait to get hit first, ever. Lux has a good rush but you... sorry.

Post Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:50 pm