FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Strategy & Tactics

Why do I suck at 1v1?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Sentinel

Why do I suck at 1v1?

I swear I lose to the fucking shittiest people in 1v1 games. People that I absolutely dominate in team games... I outrush them, I outgay them, outdual them, yet somehow they beat me 1v1.

Any tips anyone has would be appreciated.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:14 pm 
SoCxHoP

i suffer from the same thing. in a 2vs2 i can hold my own with average to above average players... in 1vs1 i can beat SiTxYamon and DonxArmyman consistantly.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:42 pm 
SoCzNedoK

I have the same problem in team games. I think everyone either has a team game or a solo mentality. I can dominate sometimes in solo but then try a 2v2 and get smashed because I'm not good at working together I guess. Playing solo ladder on war3 is a good way to gear you to 1v1's on war2 (thats what it did for me at least).

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:36 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Swift

Its a different game. 1v1 is alot harder and more skilled. 2v2 only requires one more thing, team work. Other than that team games are just alot easier.

Post Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:18 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

I'm good at both.

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:51 pm 
turtleman@can

I've never lost a 1on1
I'm 6232574-0 with 304 disconnects
team games I'm 5445763-3 with 338 disconnects
the 3 losses were from my ally backstabbing me. and although I would win anyway, I would surrender before eliminating everybody for honor
I once beat ganz 138 times in a row on xmarks high without losing a juggernaut.
I once 7on1'd the best players from the province of quebec, on an edited version of nwtr, and won. Of course, they surrendered after they saw me rape the first one.
I once beat rounder63, and then woke up because I was dreaming.

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:06 pm 
GenOciDe-

hahahaha turtleman I love you

Post Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:06 pm 
PhucT~

Turtle for president.

What's up bro? How you been?

Post Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:02 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
ORKinman

quote:
Originally posted by PhucT~
Turtle for president.

What's up bro? How you been?

Remember when you ran that tournament and stole everyone's passwords for their ladder accounts? I do, you homo.

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:22 am 
Sentinel

Ok heres an example.

Theres guy I play with regularly, and he ALWAYS (95% of the time) plays like this:

Hall, farm, rax, farm, smith. Scout with his first grunt. He'll then two-rax rush with about 20 grunts or so. When he sends his rush out up upgrades to hold, then rush to lust. He expands about when his first lust rush hits.

I feel so frsutrated because he does the same fucking thing EVERY GAMe, but I dont know how to beat it. Once I tried to justy tower up and not rush at all, and just rush to lust, but it didnt seem to get lust any faster at all.

Advice?

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:18 pm 
SoCxHoP

u playin braviet or lux?

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:36 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by SoCxHoP
u playin braviet or lux?

lol like braviet knows how to rush

Post Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:24 pm 
ViRuZ

LoL braviet my ass. He'll close up at 11 with 2 halls and go saps while i take the map.

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:12 am 
Sentinel

Nah its not braviet or lux.

So I mean, what should I do? Just tower up and expand as much as I can? Tower up and lust quicker than I did before?

If im rushing lust how many people should I have when I go hold/fort?

What about maybe two-halling in my one base if I know hes going to be doing this strat?

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:46 am 
Sparkz102

quote:
Originally posted by Sentinel

So I mean, what should I do? Just tower up and expand as much as I can? Tower up and lust quicker than I did before?

What about maybe two-halling in my one base if I know hes going to be doing this strat?

welcome to theory craft of becoming good, now go play-craft

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:15 pm 
SoCxHoP

go middle and make a fake dual at 12/2...farm it off like its real and shit. ez win Razz

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:16 pm 
Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
quote:

Well I mean if it was you, what would you do?

I understand a lot of this game is figuring things out for yourself, but if every strat-related thread is going to just be "figure it out urself" this strategy forum would be pretty pointless.

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:45 pm 
Sparkz102

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sparkz102
quote:

Well I mean if it was you, what would you do?

I understand a lot of this game is figuring things out for yourself, but if every strat-related thread is going to just be "figure it out urself" this strategy forum would be pretty pointless.

when IT was me, i went after the best. i asked to 1v1. try rushing urself, dont let their overpowering rush stop u from rushing, perhaps try a 2rax n rush back, sending squads of 8, instead 2rax massing to 25 grunts then attacking, u can do that on a 1rax, which u might want to try n set up a choke line while u get fast lust yourself?

hope that was a better response n along the lines u were looking for.

Experience.

Post Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:56 pm 
PhucT~

ORKin, you're still crying about that? 8 years later? I see you've made it far in life. Somehow you're the only douchebag who didn't catch the real story. If you'd have spoken to Maven like everybody else, he'd have told you that I didn't even have access to the database, I simply wrote the webpage. He took care of the rest. When you get your panties out of a bunch, you can thank him for what happened to your ladder account. Besides, what the fuck good would your garbage account do me anyhow? Last I checked rank 35 with a 50% win is pretty useless. Fuck outta here, kid.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:09 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
Swift

People always ask me to train them or "Whats the trick to getting really good". They act as if theirs some magical pill. I mean honestly its like anything, you just apply yourself. If you want to learn something you read a book, if you want to get big muscles you work your ass of.

Do the same here, get massive 1v1's against great player but not so good that they rape you before you know what happened. Try your hardest every game and at the end of each game, jot down why you lost and what you did wrong in your head. And dont ask "How do I know what I did wrong."

It's simple, if you get out rushed you didn't rush hard enough, so find other ways to rush harder.

If you get out expanded, than your map control sucks work on that.

Ect.

War2 isn't something you learn by reading a manual, you gotta get out there and do it, apply yourself. Dont waste time playing newbs, or chatting or watching games. Play the game and you'll maybe one day be in my league, even though most would consider that impossible.

;]

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:23 am 
PhucT~

Swift, your ego is hanging out.

For someone who talks as much shit as you, you sure as hell dodge a lot.

"Swift, 1v1?"

"No, I'm washing my dog. But I'll watch you guys play."

"Swift, 1v1 now?"

"No, I'm getting my pussy licked. But I'll watch you guys play."

"Swift, you ready yet?"

"No, I'm gonna dodge this one too. But I'll still watch you guys play."

75% of your wins come from watching, and 15% come from an ally who carries you. If you're trying to be like Ganz, you're on the right path. Keep up the great work. The game is over 10 years old, stop trying to earn street cred, you aren't impressing anybody.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 am 
Swift

Haha, you're full of shit I never said any of that and those game stats are terrible. It's true I dominate fastest and you so pull that cock out of your ears and listen up, you cant find someone who can beat me in a series in fastest, I 1v1 at it all the time. Dumb fuck. Easy chat rape due to your ignorance.

Post Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:39 pm 
ORKinman

quote:
ORKin, you're still crying about that? 8 years later? I see you've made it far in life. Somehow you're the only douchebag who didn't catch the real story. If you'd have spoken to Maven like everybody else, he'd have told you that I didn't even have access to the database, I simply wrote the webpage. He took care of the rest. When you get your panties out of a bunch, you can thank him for what happened to your ladder account. Besides, what the fuck good would your garbage account do me anyhow? Last I checked rank 35 with a 50% win is pretty useless. Fuck outta here, kid.

Yeah.. Try more around the lines of 50-5 rank 12ish. This is the only time I've been able to confront you about it, because I never saw you after that. Don't try placing the blame only on Maven, it was you too. What I don't understand is Maven took over Katan's Lair not long after that for some reason and banned me from the server because I told everyone how lame him and you both were. You're a douchebag and always will be.

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:55 am 
PhucT~

Think what you want Orkin. If you wanna hold something against me that I wasn't responsible for, that's fine. I don't need your friendship. Just know that I had nothing to do with that garbage. And you were never top 15 with 80%+. If you're bored, go through all the old ladder links on Axo's page and find one account of yours that would impress anybody. I'll stfu in a heartbeat if you can pull it off. Good luck.

Edit: And Swift, nobody important gives a flying fuck about what you can do on fastest. That setting came with all the noobs like you, when BNE came out. When you can play with the legends, you can act like one. Until then, keep your mouth shut. And while you're at it, try to stop being accused of hacking. That shit isn't helping your rep any.

</trash talk session>

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:47 am 
Swift

quote:

Edit: And Swift, nobody important gives a flying fuck about what you can do on fastest. That setting came with all the noobs like you, when BNE came out. When you can play with the legends, you can act like one. Until then, keep your mouth shut. And while you're at it, try to stop being accused of hacking. That shit isn't helping your rep any.

</trash talk session>

rofl you're pathetic.

its that simple.

"The important people" its one thing to say that in real life and look like an idiot but online? Haha, wake the fuck up and realise just because you dont know shit about the fastest community does not mean it isn't important, Fuckin' nice way to make yourself look like a fool you ignorant piece of trash. Confukingradufukinlations you fuckin' whore, go dry hump a wall you brain dead faggot.

erm... anways

Wow, you're very pathetic.

Haha.

In short.

Honestly, I dont know what iti is about that post, but it just makes you out to be a "flaming homosexual" as you know who would put it.

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:37 am 
ORKinman

quote:
Think what you want Orkin. If you wanna hold something against me that I wasn't responsible for, that's fine. I don't need your friendship. Just know that I had nothing to do with that garbage. And you were never top 15 with 80%+. If you're bored, go through all the old ladder links on Axo's page and find one account of yours that would impress anybody. I'll stfu in a heartbeat if you can pull it off. Good luck.

</trash talk session>

I've seen those old ladder links, I was playing StarCraft at that time. I was only 50% because you and your buddy Maven reported like 30 losses on my account to other people so you could keep hopping other people. The only reason I remember is because I had never been top ten at that point and could never get anyone in the top ten to play me. I ended up getting a game with someone who was top 5, beat them and went to sleep because he said he was reporting in the morning. When I woke up the next morning I was ranked somewhere in the 40's with roughly 30+ losses reported to my account. The only people to gain rank? You, Maven, and all your little account stealing buddies.
Honestly I could care less now, I've just always wanted to confront you about it. Like the douchebag you are, you immediately passed the blame elsewhere which I expected. I did learn a lesson though, I've never since used the same name or password on anything.

Post Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:21 pm 
PhucT~

Swift, I never said fastest wasn't important. Open your eyes you fuckin douchebag. I simply said nobody cares what you can do on fastest. Because they don't. Get a fucking clue, son.

Orkin, stop pointing your fat finger at me. I told you I had nothing to do with that. It's been proven, and admitted too. And now I know you're completely full of shit, saying 30 matches were reported in 1 night, when only 1 match could be played per night, per person, and 1 game per hour. (I got screwed to this when playing Ywfn for #1) Go play bullshit somewhere else you fuckin scrub. Stop taking your newbie attitude out on me because you were never good enough to compete.

Last edited by PhucT~ on Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:25 am 
Paper_Boy

Sentinel Check pms, this may help

Post Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:00 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
lolster_

I warn you sentinel not to download what PB sent you, it will only lead to your demise.

phuct, thats pretty fucked up shit HAHA MAN thats ice cold, what made you do this?

Post Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:29 pm 
Fast Luck

If he rushes every time with that many grunts, you can always choke with a cat. If he doesn't know you're catting, 20 grunts x 600 = 12,000 gold, if you actually are better you should be able to focus on prioritizing peons more than him and upgrading faster. Or, like others said, outrush his rush. Kill his grunts and get in his town or rape some buildings.

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:43 pm