FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Server.War2.Ru

On Hacking the way to stop it

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Kith-Kanin

On Hacking the way to stop it

For Call of Duty 2, CAL league, every match game is recorded.

The opposing team has 24 hours to dispute if they WISH to. After that you can get rid of your recording. Anyone who doesn't produce the recording of their game is banned and the opposing team is given an automatic win.

Its really the best way, and leaves no doubts whatsoever.

If anyone really cares anymore. Just thought I'd share that.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:40 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
~Heal

I've actually never used WarVid to be honest...can someone tell me how it works?

Can you see from the point of view of other players? Can you see by the mini-map if they're hacking or not? I always assumed it was a hassle to use WarVid as an anti-hack because it was too hard to tell if someone was hacking. Is this not the case?

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:48 am 
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
GenOciDe-

No. It's really easy to use and doesn't affect game play at all.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:31 am 
SoCzNedoK

warvid is basically like videotaping your game as you see it from your moniter. everything you do (hacking or typing) for example will be shown in the recording. As I have mentioned before and what came up sometimes in my tournaments was how some people claim to be 'unable' to use it as it slows their gameplay or something. I don't really see how this is possible except on the slowest of proccessors. However the replay files can be rather large even on 1 FPS so it can take a long time to upload for people on dial up connections.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:42 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
KaNuKs

About the ones that claims that warvid doesnt work on their comps : braviet kept saying for years that warvid wasnt working. One day i was sick of his perfect scout and i told him to seriously get warvid to work or else i would have to call him a hacker because his scouts are just obviously hackish. A week after i asked him he tested warvid again and miraculously he said that he managed to make it work. We 1v1ed a few games and surprisingly he never did these perfect scouts and got raped.

So in conclusion : anyone that says he cant make warvid work is obviously a hacker. Its such a simple program it just takes ss of your screen.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:57 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

Warvid works fine on any system. Hell I used it before on my Pentium III 333mhz with 128MB RAM and it worked fine without lagging the game or anything. So anyone who says it lags is probably lying and hacks.. Also if you zip or rar the recordings, they are very small and can be uploaded and downloaded fast.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:32 pm 
Fast Luck

Warvid slows my comp to hell and back. Confused

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:23 pm 
GaNzTheLegend

impossible unless u have like a 100mhz comp.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 pm 
Axolotl

I hate to do this to the thread, but warvid actually screwed my pc too -- the longer it ran the slower it makes made my computer. If the game lasts a long time I could not play the game without tabbing and closing it. The mouse scroll and lag on my system was unbearable.

However...this was. the first relase of the program though so maybe this (memory leak I'm assuming) was fixed with the latest. I never tried the last release as I only used the other vid program for games once it came out.

Post Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:57 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
I don't object to a warvid requirement, but on my desktop which I still use for War2, 400mhz, 180mb ram, it gets very slow. There's even mouse scrolling lag on 1fps.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:24 am 
Kith-Kanin

The program thats used for Cod2 is a bit better programed anyways. All it does is take random SS's at random intervals.
This of course wouldn't necessarily stop someone from turning the hack on and off and just "hoping" that it didn't SS them, but taking video, and actually SS'ing is much different and probably easier on the system.

But regardless, if someone wants to play on the ladder it would be a simple thing to implement. If you don't wanna play ladder, then don't worry about using it. Simple. Least that way anyone playing ladder has to be legit unless there's a way to get by warvid.

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:22 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
SoCzNedoK

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by GaNzTheLegend
I don't object to a warvid requirement, but on my desktop which I still use for War2, 400mhz, 180mb ram, it gets very slow. There's even mouse scrolling lag on 1fps.

damn get a new comp

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:24 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Fast Luck

I have a new one, I just like to use the old one for War2 because the new one is a lap top. :shobon:

quote:

Post Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:33 pm