FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Guitar Tabs

Hey Ya acoustic

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Axolotl

Hey Ya acoustic

tab: capo 4th C(032010) F(133210) G(320010) Am7(002010)
Smile

Post Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:16 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JiGGa_MaN

You can also play it without capo if you dont have one handy.

G-C-D-E

Post Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
-667-

I wouldn't know how the song goes (don't really care that much either), but diatonically thinking G-C-D-E seems stupid. Thinking it like that the E would obviously be Em because the minor third of Em is g, and if it were Emaj it would be a G#.
It doesn't really sound all that odd though (the accidental that is), and well like said I really don't know is the song made like that, but that's a thing I really didn't expect to see in a hiphop song. "simple" music is usually diatonic because that's the only thing that sounds good and ..."simple" to most.

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:24 am 
SoCxHoP

the song doesn't sound conventional. i'm at work so i can't listen to the song to find out but yeah logically it would be an Em. not sure if outkast has much background in music theory though.

Post Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:56 am 
turtleman@can

who's this by?

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:04 pm 
Strapping Young Lad

I believe by Outkast

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:13 pm 
Axolotl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ioKEDgnfs8

Post Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:14 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website  Reply with quote  
JiGGa_MaN

quote:
Originally posted by -667-
I wouldn't know how the song goes (don't really care that much either), but diatonically thinking G-C-D-E seems stupid. Thinking it like that the E would obviously be Em because the minor third of Em is g, and if it were Emaj it would be a G#.
It doesn't really sound all that odd though (the accidental that is), and well like said I really don't know is the song made like that, but that's a thing I really didn't expect to see in a hiphop song. "simple" music is usually diatonic because that's the only thing that sounds good and ..."simple" to most.

You're totally right. I was just fucking around on my guitar and didnt have a capo handy, while reading this thread. I noticed it sounded pretty good as G-C-D-E, so I figured I would post it incase anyone wanted to play it without one. I've since played it at a friends house and people were impressed, though of course none of them were guitar players, so I was able to kinda sneak one past them. Basically, as long as you are playing to a crowd with little knowledge of guitar, you can pass off pretty much anything that sounds remotely close.

Post Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:35 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
easycompany

(force beat from not sustaining chord) ie bounce hand some ..
G move to C/D(open B) with little e with C on 3rd fret, go to D tehn little e back to 3rd fret with D, then E . E to me seems dark for such pop maybe a E/G as in open E with 3rd fret of big e. maybe i need to read my chord chart next time in the bathroom for the names of hybrid chords

Post Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:54 pm