FAQSearchMembersGroupsRegisterProfilePM'sLogin/Logout

Warcraft Occult Forum Index -> Links, reviews, previews, etc

Neuroscientists plant false memories in the brain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
  Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Aerasal

quote:
Originally posted by Ywfn
Even if you accepted the ridiculous hypothesis that there's an ethical issue with the killing of plants for whatever reason, by consuming meat your indirectly consuming a greater amount of vegetation than if you stuck to eating the plants for nourishment directly.

as evident by the last thread, jon doesn't understand this

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:48 am 
Jon;

quote:
Even if you accepted the ridiculous hypothesis that there's an ethical issue with the killing of plants

back to human perception again, and how we relate to animals better than plants. why is it so ridiculous? plants communicate with each other, they recognize their relatives, they give out signals when under distress... they simply express themselves and communicate in ways we aren't familiar with ...

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Aerasal
quote:
Even if you accepted the ridiculous hypothesis that there's an ethical issue with the killing of plants for whatever reason, by consuming meat your indirectly consuming a greater amount of vegetation than if you stuck to eating the plants for nourishment directly.

why is it relevant? if a vegetarian finds out a plant is more complex then he initially thought, they had emotions thought not possible before and basically recognized his entire reasoning for being a vegetarian was contradictory...
"oh well im still consuming a less amount of vegetation then if i was a meat eater".. except i thought this person's sole reason for being vegetarian was because he cared for all living things and didn't want to have any suffering caused by what he ate.... so why again why is the amount relevant if that's the belief? regardless how little you consume the complex plants in this case, still suffer.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:07 am 
Ywfn

quote:
Originally posted by Jon;
why is it relevant?

You do realize that you're arguing that an emotional attachment to animals is the primary motivating factor of vegetarians, that there is no point to minimizing the harm you cause, and that plants have feelings, all in the same thread, right?

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:15 am 
Jon;

quote:

You do realize that you're arguing that an emotional attachment to animals is the primary motivating factor of vegetarians,

this is fact. do you know many vegetarians that hate animals? what is the primary motivating factor if not love for animals? even if it's based on a flawed notion of a healthier lifestyle that person still likely has strong love for animals as well.

quote:

that there is no point to minimizing the harm you cause,

it's a contradictory view for a vegan who wouldn't want any suffering at all done for him to eat...
a vegetarian then could just eat meat once a month or something, he's just "minimizing the harm" right?

quote:

and that plants have feelings, all in the same thread, right?

so you know what plants feel then, enough to comment about it apparently.. explain.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:47 am 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
back to human perception again, and how we relate to animals better than plants. why is it so ridiculous? plants communicate with each other, they recognize their relatives, they give out signals when under distress... they simply express themselves and communicate in ways we aren't familiar with ...

A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:51 am 
Fast Luck

quote:
quote:
quote:

why is it relevant? if a vegetarian finds out a plant is more complex then he initially thought, they had emotions thought not possible before and basically recognized his entire reasoning for being a vegetarian was contradictory...
"oh well im still consuming a less amount of vegetation then if i was a meat eater".. except i thought this person's sole reason for being vegetarian was because he cared for all living things and didn't want to have any suffering caused by what he ate.... so why again why is the amount relevant if that's the belief? regardless how little you consume the complex plants in this case, still suffer.
What if the reason is to minimize suffering (that's the reason)
hassan-i-asher: majorin in takin pictures
dreamin bout wayne from catalina wine mixers
listen little friend stay outta the deep end
cuz you're less street than vampire weekend

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:13 pm 
-667-

quote:
Originally posted by Kyr.Luoson
Multiple post meltdown by 667

you're right, complete meltdown zone here yes sir

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:17 pm 
Jon;

quote:
Originally posted by Fast Luck
quote:
quote:
quote:

What if the reason is to minimize suffering (that's the reason)

then that view wouldn't be contradictory of course.. i just see many vegetarians, more vegans actually, vehemently against any kind of suffering to any living being... so in that hypothetical situation i described it would be a complete contradiction in that case.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:19 pm 
-667-

everytime jon goes to the farmers market to buy cruelty free meat, he gets pestered and attacked by vegan hordes, throwing organic tampons at him and chastising him about not being a vegan

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:21 pm 
-667-

quote:
to increase their likelihood of survival and reproduction, probably, as they evolved to do

or, separately: if this program i just coded can't feel pain then why does it throw an error when it can't parse a line?

bacteria multiplies itself and can become resistant, they have intelligence, feelings...everything

I bet you didn't think of bacteria feelings when you ate that penicillin you ...murderer

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:34 pm 
Jon;

there are more good bacteria that keeps us living than bad bacteria.. get out faggot

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:45 pm 
-667-

quote:
there are more good bacteria that keeps us living than bad bacteria.. get out faggot

more proof of sentience, those benevolent bacteria want to help us!!!! Those little hard working bacteria buddies do our bidding because they want to!

Question though professor, does good bacteria not multiply or not grow resistant? Sounded like you disagree so lets hear it.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:52 pm 
Aerasal

honestly, Jon is right. you guys are just too arrogant to admit it.

watch this gif. http://i.imgur.com/YDRv5LG.gif

now look at this picture: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/228/0/3/Grass_by_ashzstock.jpg

just don't be a dick for 1 minute and think about it without bias. is there really any difference there? I don't see any.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:54 pm 
Aerasal

(yes that gif is on reddit's front page right now)

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:55 pm 
Jon;

gg

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:56 pm 
hassan-i-sabbah

quote:
quote:
lol, plants are more intelligent than any animal we eat.. you're still not convinced though apparently. lol..

A normal person wouldn't say that in real life because it's ridiculous and insulting. Yet here you are spouting the most hateful garbage that your demons can muster out of your darkened soul. All because of the internet.

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:57 pm 
-667-

quote:
honestly, Jon is right. you guys are just too arrogant to admit it.

watch this gif. http://i.imgur.com/YDRv5LG.gif

now look at this picture: http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs11/i/2006/228/0/3/Grass_by_ashzstock.jpg

just don't be a dick for 1 minute and think about it without bias. is there really any difference there? I don't see any.

jon wins

only one measly dog compared to that rich society of thousands of sentient beings living in their society, communicating and feeling

I'd write more but I started crying. Think of that grass, it was probably cut after that shot. The cruelty...

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:58 pm 
Jon;

Blid making the news

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:03 pm 
Swift

i'll never walk on my lawn again

Post Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:16 pm 
-667-

that stupid vegan who owned that cat was complicit in the genocide of rice plants, all this to support inferior life forms

plants are the new jews, persecuted and mass murdered

Post Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:58 am